Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/7/2015 10:35:29 PM EDT
It was right about closing time and I was filling out the paperwork for a baby eagle (I'm calling it Jericho from here on out because baby eagle is gay). Now I didn't mean to be that guy that bought a gun at closing time, but I didn't know it was that time at the time. The closing announcements came...

"The gunshow is now closed... Please make your way to the ex-"

"BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!"

Shit got real quiet. Everyone cracked their head to the sound of the gun shot. I then said "welp, it happens at every show eventually", and then turned back to filling out my form. Then the guy behind the counter was like "MA SON'S OVER THERE!" and I felt like a jackass. Granted I was pretty sure nobody was hit because nobody was screaming in pain, or screaming "OH MY GOD HE/SHE'S BEEN SHOT!", and the dude just continued with the closing announcements after a few seconds. Nobody got shot. I don't think any arrests were made. I don't even think the cops responded. In fact nobody ducked for cover, ran, screamed, or panicked. We all just kinda looked for a minute, were like "so that just happened", and went back to our shit, except the "Ma son!" guy. He ran over, but was back within like ten seconds, then joked about it with the rest of us. I got my damned jericho and left. The end. CSB.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 10:37:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Ive never experienced one. Wonder what happens to the offender.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 10:38:04 PM EDT
[#2]
I was just trying to see if my carry gun would fit in the holster I wanted to buy.  The rules didn't apply to me because of my professionalism.

Link Posted: 3/7/2015 10:40:14 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote
ND's aren't treated lightly here. In fact just a few days ago a dude was arrested for NDing into a neighbor's house. Like I said though, I didn't see any police response. It was definitely a gunshot though. A small caliber round, but a round. The last couple of times that the show was hosted, they even provide a fucking clearing area with a sand filled bucket surrounded by sand bags to aim your guns into to clear them, even though you aren't supposed to bring in loaded firearms at all. Some people are just really fucking stupid with guns.

Link Posted: 3/7/2015 10:41:49 PM EDT
[#4]
New or old Jericho? BTW, they are great guns...kicking myself that I sold mine.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 10:44:31 PM EDT
[#5]
NDs occur every day at work. Sometimes a whole bunch.

And fuck no, not by me or my co-workers

At a shop I used to work at, the gunsmitty caught a .25 in the neck a
couple inches from his jugular while working a show.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 10:45:02 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

View Quote
Newer, but not newest. It's polymer, with polygonal rifling, and the slide mounted safety, Which I didn't think I'd hate, but hate. It's hard to use with my small hands. I'll probably just run it decocked with the safety off.  I know they're going to import new ones this year with frame mounted safeties, and overall I like the gun enough to buy a frame mounted safety version.

Link Posted: 3/7/2015 10:47:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Glad you finally got your cherry broke and that no one was hurt.
In the 2 ND's I have had the pleasure to be around, both within 10' each time, someone got hurt-thank goodness not mortally.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 10:47:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Play the sound of 'OH NOOOOOOOO", in slow motion.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 10:49:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggggggggggggg

Been there
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 10:49:39 PM EDT
[#10]
No pics of the new handgun? WTF
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 10:49:52 PM EDT
[#11]
How was the nazi booth? Any good beef jerky?
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 10:50:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Newer, but not newest. It's polymer, with polygonal rifling, and the slide mounted safety, Which I didn't think I'd hate, but hate. It's hard to use with my small hands. I'll probably just run it decocked with the safety off.  I know they're going to import new ones this year with frame mounted safeties, and overall I like the gun enough to buy a frame mounted safety version.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I got mine as a gift when I was 16 2005 ish and it's been rock solid. Probably a few thousand rounds of any kind of ammo you can find. Sometimes I don't even oil it or clean it. No jams ever.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 10:52:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No need to wait... or pay very much
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 10:57:16 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

How was the nazi booth? Any good beef jerky?
View Quote
Nazi booths are banned, unfortunately? (one less thing to laugh at). The jerky's good, but because I was buying a gun, I skipped the jerky this time. It wasn't without dumb fucks though. The shit I overheard was rediculous. My favorite quip I heard today was "AND THIS RIGHT HERE IS YOUR BEST DEFENSE MANEUVER AGAINST A MACHETE!". Second best was this kid next to me who picked up a 1911 and was trying to seem smart around his girl "THIS HERE'S REAL HEAVY CAUSE IT'S ALL STEEL, BUT IT'S IN .45 SO IT'LL STILL KICK LIKE A MULE!" My friend who doesn't know much about guns tried to out stupid the stupid, and actually got me at one point when he was like "HEY THERE'S FREE MAGPUL MAGS OVER THERE!" I was like "BULLSHIT!" and ran over to find free magpul product catalogs. He still didn't out stupid the stupid. I did get to see the pretty young thang with the blue streak in her hair again (she was a vendor at the last show too), but I wasn't trying to buy from her again, because they're overpriced and their company name has the word "Zombie" in it. Overall, I give it an 8/10. Great gun show experience.

Link Posted: 3/7/2015 11:00:39 PM EDT
[#15]
get any good beanie babies?
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 11:03:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 11:05:52 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

http://oi61.tinypic.com/x5a8g0.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ohh...tell me more
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 11:06:52 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

I've never seen beanie babies at the fun show here.
Other than that and neo-nazi's. All of the other stereotypes hold true, and some more unconventional and newer ones. Lots of "disability dogs". I guess because Costa has one, everyone does now. I don't really give a fuck because I like dags, but there were a lot of service dags. Also elderly people with canes. I don't give a fuck again, because I respect the elderly, but there were canes as far as the eye could see. No Sikhs this time though, which disappointed me, because last time around there were Sikhs everywhere.

Quoted:
Pics of the pretty young thang?

I didn't take any. Primarily because I'm pretty sure the other two people at the booth are her mama and daddy, and I'm not trying to get my ass tag teamed by mamma and daddy, but man is she a fox, and I'd love to take her out to a fine dinner.

Link Posted: 3/7/2015 11:12:04 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 11:21:22 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 11:25:11 PM EDT
[#21]
Been to the Chantilly VA show almost every time they're around and haven't heard of an ND there. I have though missed an ND by an hr at the hooters right next to gun show.  
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 11:40:53 PM EDT
[#22]
How much does a jericho go for? I like them, but never see them around here.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 11:40:54 PM EDT
[#23]
Some of the security devices used by some dealers at some shows use a blank to alert if they have been tampered, it may have been that.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 11:42:07 PM EDT
[#24]
Shit does happen.  Never heard one at a gun show but I was is a gun shop when one happened.  I just checked myself for holes, shrugged my shoulders and went " hmmm".
This took 2 dumbasses for this to happen.  Dumbass 1 handed a loaded and chambered gun to Dumbass 2 (gunsmith) who forgot the 1st rule.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 11:45:02 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

I walkd into a show in Houston 10 minutes after an ND.
a guy picked up a .308 boltgun from a vendor table and touched the trigger ( muzzle up). he put a hole thru the roof.
the vendor was cuffed and being walked out by HPD when I got there.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 11:48:59 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Ohh...tell me more
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ohh...tell me more

$300 at Academy sports
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 11:51:04 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nice pistol there, Chewbacca.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 11:54:35 PM EDT
[#28]
Exhilarating, isn't it? What would a gun show be without idiots?
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 12:05:56 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

$300 at Academy sports
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ohh...tell me more

$300 at Academy sports

Hmm. Not listed on the website. No storefronts around here
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 12:37:07 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
No pics of the new handgun? WTF
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/8/2015 1:56:55 AM EDT
[#31]
There was a time about 3 or 4 years back that I was helping a friend with a local gun shop run the shows . I believe I worked something like 15 or 18 shows , most of them in Va.

I never did hear a ND myself but heard plenty of stories.

Many of the NDs were done by dealers who  weren't supposed to have loaded guns during the show but the second the show ended would load something up while they were packing up , loading up and getting their stuff out of the hall and into their vehicles and trailers.

I guess the feeling was as all the doors were open with all sorts of folks wandering about and everyone had guns laying about and cash in their pockets (the dealers ) that it was the time they would need protection.

If you get enough tired guys loading and handleing guns ( even though they should know better ) there is bound to be trouble
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 2:04:24 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I prefer the originals.

Link Posted: 3/8/2015 2:05:17 AM EDT
[#33]
I thought this was a story about a really awesome gun show in North Dakota
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top