Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/18/2014 6:25:08 PM EDT
After about 6 years of learning the AR ropes from you all here and after a collection of rifles that started with a simple M&P15T that has evolved now into multiple Noveske's, I've finally gotten the means to jump into Class III exclusivity!  I submitted my trust tonight and will send in my forms for an SBR stamp early next week.  I also will be ordering my first suppressor, as soon as the one I want is back in stock.

Thanks to whole ar15.com community for giving me all the insight and great reading over the last 6 years.  I didn't even know the difference between "commercial" and "mil-spec" back then and I've always turned to this site for info and guidance and have never been disappointed.  Even though I know a wise-ass GD comment in this thread is inevitable, I look forward to the laughs.  Thanks again, gents!
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 6:27:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Congrats! What are you expecting for a wait time?
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 6:28:53 PM EDT
[#2]
The last paper forms we had come in a couple of weeks ago were right at 10 months.
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 6:29:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Too cheap to buy a camera?
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 6:32:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The last paper forms we had come in a couple of weeks ago were right at 10 months.
View Quote

Ouch I remember my can taking just over 6 but that was a few years ago now
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 6:35:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

That blows.  I guess the E Forms thingy is still down.  I've read it shaved months off the wait time when it was functional.
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 6:35:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

And a membership but we are a selective bunch
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 6:35:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The last eform was right at 5 months.

I remember back in ancient times during the late 90's when it took 6 weeks for the paperwork on some machine guns I bought to go through and I thought that was an eternity.
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 6:36:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Sold it to pay for my second Noveske gen 2 lower.  
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 6:37:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

That blows.  I guess the E Forms thingy is still down.  I've read it shaved months off the wait time when it was functional.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's getting faster. We had some paper forms earlier in the year that took 12 months.
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 7:11:38 PM EDT
[#10]
If you're going to dive into the club, please learn to discuss it using the proper terms, so as to be able to properly educate others, dispel the gunshop commando urban legends / wive's tales, and bring them into the fold. Unless you have a Type 01 (or 2)  Federal Firearms License, you are not getting into the Class III Club. Based on what you're getting, you are joining the NFA Title II Club.

I know, it sounds nitpicky. But, a lot of the reason Title II firearms have so much mystique and confusion is because people have been told stuff for years by people who were giving them information that was based on half-truths, at best. This is how we got the stories about having to pay $500 per year for a machine gun license, or that you surrendered your 4th Amendment protections and ATF could enter your home at will.

Type refers to a Federal Firearms License. Class refers to a Special Occupancy Taxpayer status for licensees who wish to engage in the importing (Class 1), manufacturing (Class 2), or dealing (Class 3) of NFA Title II firearms. Title I refers to shotguns, rifles, handguns, and 'firearms'. Title II refers to machine guns, silencers (aka suppressors), short-barrel rifles, short-barrel shotguns, destructive devices (both explosive and large bore), and Any Other Weapons (AOW's).

Enough nitpicking. Welcome to the club. It's an addiction. I now have more Title II firearms than Title I (7 cans, 3 SBR's, 3 SBS', and 2 AOW's, vs. 3 rifles and 5 handguns).
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 7:27:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
If you're going to dive into the club, please learn to discuss it using the proper terms, so as to be able to properly educate others, dispel the gunshop commando urban legends / wive's tales, and bring them into the fold. Unless you have a Type 01 (or 2)  Federal Firearms License, you are not getting into the Class III Club. Based on what you're getting, you are joining the NFA Title II Club.

I know, it sounds nitpicky. But, a lot of the reason Title II firearms have so much mystique and confusion is because people have been told stuff for years by people who were giving them information that was based on half-truths, at best. This is how we got the stories about having to pay $500 per year for a machine gun license, or that you surrendered your 4th Amendment protections and ATF could enter your home at will.

Type refers to a Federal Firearms License. Class refers to a Special Occupancy Taxpayer status for licensees who wish to engage in the importing (Class 1), manufacturing (Class 2), or dealing (Class 3) of NFA Title II firearms. Title I refers to shotguns, rifles, handguns, and 'firearms'. Title II refers to machine guns, silencers (aka suppressors), short-barrel rifles, short-barrel shotguns, destructive devices (both explosive and large bore), and Any Other Weapons (AOW's).

Enough nitpicking. Welcome to the club. It's an addiction. I now have more Title II firearms than Title I (7 cans, 3 SBR's, 3 SBS', and 2 AOW's, vs. 3 rifles and 5 handguns).
View Quote

But Class III Club just rolls off the lips, ya know?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top