Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/9/2005 10:07:31 AM EDT
Today I'm piddling around, on vacation, doing some .223 brass trimming, vaccuuming out the trucks, doing productive things, so in addition decided to gather up my newspapers, cat food, people food, and beer cans, cardboard and take them to the recycling center about 4 miles from my house, behind a grocery store.

The recycling place is a bunch of metal containers, one for paper, one for newspaper, another for cans, another for plastic.

So I get there and spot 2 Mexicans (I'll call them Pedro and Paco)  lieing in the shade between two containers doing nothing.  Hmmm, so before I got out of my truck I made sure my .45 Colt 1911 was at the ready, and I hid it underneat the Crown Royal (CR) bag I carry it out to the truck in, I don't a CCW but I can open carry in my state.

I got out of the truck and decided to hit the can section first.  There were yellow jackets or hornets every where so I just open the door to the can container and tossed the cans in the recycling container from about 5 feet away, every other second or so keeping an eye on Pedro and Paco.  There were other cars there, but one person stayed in his car about 20 feet behind me waiting for me to leave or something.

OK the can part was done, next move was to drive the truck 50 feet down the row of recycling bins and toss the newspapers and paperboard stuff.

So back to my truck, put the key in ignition and then Pedro walks up to my open passenger side window and says "Amigo, you want me to throw this away for  you?".   Now my right hand's on the 1911 with the hammer cocked but still underneath the CR bag, pointed towards the open window direction, but horizontal still on the bench seat.

Pedro grabs the paperboard and comes back to the window and I maintain eye contact with right hand hidden on the cocked .45 and then he asks "Hey Amigo, you got a quarter?".  I say "I don't have a quarter".  Then he walks back to Paco to the shade and I drive to the newspaper section of the bins, recycle the papers and then leave.

End of encounter

Crude diagram of the scene:

--- back of stores --------------------------------------------

[me with truck]

---[can recycling bins]   [plastic recycling bins]   [shade with Mexicans]    [paperboard] [newspaper]

ETA: made topic more PC, clarified which window
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 10:11:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Why did you have to say they were Mexicans?

You racist!

IBTL

I've seen white people do the same thing.

Blah blah blah.

Get ready, you're gonna hear all those things prety soon.

Link Posted: 9/9/2005 10:13:49 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Because they were? DUH!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 10:13:50 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

You racist!

IBTL

Blah blah blah.

Well, basically because they looked Mexican, not Irish, not African-American, not Alaskan, not Middle Eastern, Eurropean-American, etc. and the "Amigo" part was a clue.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 10:15:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Wow!  You live in fear!  I feel sorry for you.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 10:16:01 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I guess everyone who owns a gun for protection lives in fear too.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 10:18:36 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You racist!

IBTL

Blah blah blah.

Well, basically because they looked Mexican, not Irish, not African-American, not Alaskan, not Middle Eastern, Eurropean-American, etc. and the "Amigo" part was a clue.

Yeah, I get it, I was just preparing you for all the statements you're gonna hear.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 10:20:48 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't live in fear, just paranoia
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 10:26:49 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't live in fear, just paranoia

Vigilance isn't fear nor paranoia, just good common sense
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 10:27:19 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

or wears a seat belt
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 10:31:57 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You racist!

IBTL

Blah blah blah.

Didja ever wonder... Maybe he used the word "amigo" because you looked Mexican to him, but decided to use English for the rest of his question, and that in reality, he was just a white guy who works outdoors all the time?
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 10:34:01 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 10:39:01 AM EDT
[#12]
Paco loco just wanted a quarter huh....

I've heard that one before, only it was a cigarette.

You should have killed them both. They were obviously just sitting there waiting on someone to rob, rape, or both
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 10:42:50 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

So I get there and spot 2 Mexicans (I'll call them Pedro and Paco)  lieing in the shade between two containers doing nothing.  Hmmm, so before I got out of my truck I made sure my .45 Colt 1911 was at the ready,

Grabbed a gun for 2 mexicans lieing in the shade?   Ah, screams of racism.

IBTL
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 10:44:04 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Pedro grabs the paperboard and comes back to the window and I maintain eye contact with right hand hidden on the cocked .45 and then he asks "Hey Amigo, you got a quarter?".  I say "I don't have a quarter".  

Geeze, cheapskate.  Could have tossed him a coin for the work!  
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 10:53:58 AM EDT
[#15]
I don't see he did anything wrong.  He didn't say, "GET THE FUCK OUT MEXICAN" or anything like that while waving his gun around?

When someone comes that close to your vehicle that you don't know, I'm not gonna invite him in for a sit down either.  Being prepared is not a problem.  I don't think they did anything wrong and it sounded like everything worked out.    I see no problems with the story, except it makes for a boring ARFCOM story.  
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 11:08:18 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/9/2005 11:12:59 AM EDT
[#17]
I think you did the right thing.  This is how many assaults begin.  With an exploratory "sizing-up".  These two deserved the "attention" you provided them.  

Why do people think "Mexican" is a race?  It's not.  My wife's from Costa Rica so she watches Mexican TV channels.  Ever watch Mexican TV?  Most Mexicans on their own TV are white.  Mexicans can be white, black, brown.  Mexican is not a race.  Unfortunately Mexico has extremely high crime, low respect for property and rights so most Mexicans do deserve to be treated with a measure of caution, 100 fold for those that are hanging out in a very suspicious manner as these two were.  
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 12:27:08 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Pedro grabs the paperboard and comes back to the window and I maintain eye contact with right hand hidden on the cocked .45 and then he asks "Hey Amigo, you got a quarter?".  I say "I don't have a quarter".  

Geeze, cheapskate.  Could have tossed him a coin for the work!  

I only had some $20's on me
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 12:33:16 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So I get there and spot 2 Mexicans (I'll call them Pedro and Paco)  lieing in the shade between two containers doing nothing.  Hmmm, so before I got out of my truck I made sure my .45 Colt 1911 was at the ready,

Grabbed a gun for 2 mexicans lieing in the shade?   Ah, screams of racism.

IBTL

No, carried the gun, standard operating procedure, for any possible SHTF scenario, a couple of strangers are lurking about, one comes up to confront me, I become on guard.  Didn't brandish a weapon, made no racial slurs, didn't make any threats.  This was a perfect carjacking scenario and locale, kept my guard up, nothing happened, and I didn't have a quarter anyway.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 12:47:45 PM EDT
[#20]
You were armed correctly, you acted correctly and in the end nobody, especially YOU, got hurt.

Way to go keeping a cool head with your finger on the trigger.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 1:03:10 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Today I'm piddling around, on vacation, doing some .223 brass trimming, vaccuuming out the trucks, doing productive things, so in addition decided to gather up my newspapers, cat food, people food, and beer cans, cardboard and take them to the recycling center about 4 miles from my house, behind a grocery store.

The recycling place is a bunch of metal containers, one for paper, one for newspaper, another for cans, another for plastic.

So I get there and spot 2 Mexicans (I'll call them Pedro and Paco)  lieing in the shade between two containers doing nothing.  Hmmm, so before I got out of my truck I made sure my .45 Colt 1911 was at the ready, and I hid it underneat the Crown Royal (CR) bag I carry it out to the truck in, I don't a CCW but I can open carry in my state.

I got out of the truck and decided to hit the can section first.  There were yellow jackets or hornets every where so I just open the door to the can container and tossed the cans in the recycling container from about 5 feet away, every other second or so keeping an eye on Pedro and Paco.  There were other cars there, but one person stayed in his car about 20 feet behind me waiting for me to leave or something.

OK the can part was done, next move was to drive the truck 50 feet down the row of recycling bins and toss the newspapers and paperboard stuff.

So back to my truck, put the key in ignition and then Pedro walks up to my open passenger side window and says "Amigo, you want me to throw this away for  you?".   Now my right hand's on the 1911 with the hammer cocked but still underneath the CR bag, pointed towards the open window direction, but horizontal still on the bench seat.

Pedro grabs the paperboard and comes back to the window and I maintain eye contact with right hand hidden on the cocked .45 and then he asks "Hey Amigo, you got a quarter?".  I say "I don't have a quarter".  Then he walks back to Paco to the shade and I drive to the newspaper section of the bins, recycle the papers and then leave.

End of encounter

Crude diagram of the scene:

--- back of stores --------------------------------------------

[me with truck]

---[can recycling bins]   [plastic recycling bins]   [shade with Mexicans]    [paperboard] [newspaper]

ETA: made topic more PC, clarified which window

Wow what a riveting drama! You're certainly one pistolero that lives on the edge!
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 1:15:14 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Wow what a riveting drama! You're certainly one pistolero that lives on the edge!

More of a story of situational awareness.   Sorry I wasn't carjacked by some MS-13 gang members.  That only happens to the sheeple.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 1:24:41 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

More of a story of situational awareness.   Sorry I wasn't carjacked by some MS-13 gang members.  That only happens to the sheeple.

Hmmm, re-reading your story, sounds more like your basic bums that happen to be Hispanic rather than some MS-13 members poised for action.
I grabbed my piece, ready for action, when I was approached by some cheerleaders at the grocery store entrance soliciting money for cheer camp.  Hell for all I know, they were trying to dupe me into funding some terrorist training camp!

Just funnin' ya-you should have spiced up the story though, it was kinda anti-climatic.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 8:39:05 PM EDT
[#24]
Happens everywhere. At least you could have pistol whipped them.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 8:41:11 PM EDT
[#25]
You guys are twitchy.

Link Posted: 9/23/2005 8:46:36 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Wow. You live in a fantasy world. I feel sorry for you.

Not.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 9:00:27 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

You'd rather be in sheep mode than condition yellow?

Some mexican who was last seen loitering suddenly appears out of nowhere with a bogus question......your damn straight I'll be thinking tactically.

Link Posted: 9/23/2005 9:04:01 PM EDT
[#28]
Had you made a Citizens arrest, and turned them in to INS, you would have a story.  As it is, you just refused to give a bum a quarter.  
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 9:05:53 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Had you made a Citizens arrest, and turned them in to INS, you would have a story.  As it is, you just refused to give a bum a quarter.  

But he almost drew down, and THATS better than what I did today.  I want to be the fist kid on my block to get a confirmed kill.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top