Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/9/2005 9:31:51 PM EDT
I'm just now getting over the shoCk.

I asked the clerk in the sportings goods section if they had some plated 22 LR HP, and he said yes with out batting an eye.  

He then asked if I wanted the Remington 550 round value pack or the Federal brick.

I told him I'd take the Remington.  He then rung me and I payed he didn't even ask for ID to prove I'm over 21.

The transaction took about 10 minutes.  We even asked what I was going to use it in and I told him a 22 conversion on a Glock.  He then asked if it was the Advantage Arms conversion kit.  I told yes.  He replied that he just got one for his G21 and loves it.

I wonder how long he will last?
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 9:33:36 PM EDT
[#1]
At what point did he shake you?
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 9:34:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 9:37:17 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

See, it even messed up my ability to spell.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 9:39:34 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well you only misspelled "Remington" twice, and "wonder" once.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 9:40:27 PM EDT
[#5]
not to hijack your thread but did they have any of the .223 white value packs?
the local one here hasn't had them for awhile.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 9:45:24 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well you only misspelled "Remington" twice, and "wonder" once.

Link Posted: 8/9/2005 9:47:02 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Not that I saw.  They did have the UMC 250 round 45 acp.  I didn't look at the cost since I didn't need any.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 9:53:06 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Be happy I talked to the department manager at my local Hell-Mart and was told that she wasn't going to order anymore of the UMC Green / White box 223 ammo cause there wasn't a demand for them.  And this is after  Iasked her to order 10 boxes just for me!!!!  Dumb bitch!
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 9:54:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Sounds like the Wal-Marts around me. In, get what I want and out. No issues.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 10:09:50 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

I asked the clerk in the sportings goods section if they had some plated 22 LR HP, and he said yes with out batting an eye.  

He then asked if I wanted the Remington 550 round value pack or the Federal brick.

I told him I'd take the Remington.  He then rung me and I payed he didn't even ask for ID to prove I'm over 21.

The transaction took about 10 minutes.  We even asked what I was going to use it in and I told him a 22 conversion on a Glock.  He then asked if it was the Advantage Arms conversion kit.  I told yes.  He replied that he just got one for his G21 and loves it.

Damn , that really sucks .

The wallys around here leave the .22 and shotgun ammo
out on the shelves .

This way you can just toss it in the cart with your
twinkies and beer , then pay for it all at the same time
up front .
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 10:14:21 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Damn , that really sucks .

The wallys around here leave the .22 and shotgun ammo
out on the shelves .

This way you can just toss it in the cart with your
twinkies and beer , then pay for it all at the same time
up front .

Same here, and the ammo counter guy is the president at my local club, so we usually talk guns and shooting when I go in.

I love Walmart. The heart of the place is near the TV's, btw.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 10:18:39 PM EDT
[#12]
OK, this may make me sound ignorant but...

What's the difference between .22LR and .22LR HP?
Here, you don't need to be 21 to buy .22LR ammo since it's considered a "rifle" caliber.

Is the HP a traditionally "pistol" version? I don't know because I haven't had a .22 for a while and I'm not up on them anymore.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 10:20:20 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Be happy I talked to the department manager at my local Hell-Mart and was told that she wasn't going to order anymore of the UMC Green / White box 223 ammo cause there wasn't a demand for them.  And this is after  Iasked her to order 10 boxes just for me!!!!  Dumb bitch!

She may not order any, but it should still come in. That is basic merchandise on the modular(blueprint for what goes where on the shelf). As 1 box is sold, the computer makes a note. When a certain amount has been sold, the computer automatically orders more. There are ways to change how much the computer orders though. But it should still come in, even though it may come in slowly. She could get in trouble for having empty holes on her shelf, especially for basic merchandise like that.

Quoted:

Last I heard it should be coming back in either this month, or next month.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 10:21:42 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Here, you don't need to be 21 to buy .22LR ammo since it's considered a "rifle" caliber.

Is the HP a traditionally "pistol" version? I don't know because I haven't had a .22 for a while and I'm not up on them anymore.

HP stands for hollowpoint. You should be able to buy either if you are under 21, just tell them it is for a rifle.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 10:21:44 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Hallow Point.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 10:25:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Oh, duhr. Should've known. When I had a .22 a few years back, that's all I used(it was cheap). Never seen it abreviated so I just assumed it was another .22 variant like the new "Mach 2" of the .17hmr when you posted it.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 10:35:01 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hallow Point.

You still haven't got over it yet.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 10:35:43 PM EDT
[#18]

That could never happen at a Wal-Mart.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 11:17:09 PM EDT
[#19]
I hate hate hate when I go to wally world to get ammo and they ask me for what gun im using it for
it makes me fell like im being watched im OVER 21 and I dont have to explain to the likes of a
retail retard what my choice of weapon is. oh and it really bothers me even more when I go to get 7.62 or .223 and they ask ".223 huh what kind of AR or 7.62 gee is that for an sks or ak47"
ITS NON OF YOU BUSINESS!!! and so i usually lie and say no who needs an assault rifle its for a conversion barrel for a (insert gun of choice) although im starting to believe that when they scan my I.D. after ringing it up that its sending the invoice to the ATF or FBI and im gonna get swarmed as soon as I step outside. all these gun laws have made me so paranoid that I didnt buy my first gun until I was 22 I felt like I was doing something bad/sinful all I had was a breakdown 20ga and single shot .22  my dad and uncle had given me when I younger because no one (*responsible) over 13 should be without a firearm. I know I have issues
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 11:30:05 PM EDT
[#20]
See you're in Nevada.

You try that shit in a Wal Mart down here and the clerk will dive under the counter screaming "He's trying to get bullets for his gun...call the police."
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 11:33:23 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

HP stands for hollowpoint. You should be able to buy either if you are under 21, just tell them it is for a rifle.

Is that true?  The store up where I live told me that they no longer carry .223.

Kooter pal!  Show me the light!
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 11:36:11 PM EDT
[#22]
No ammo here in the peoples republic of hawaii
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 11:36:43 PM EDT
[#23]
I stopped going to Wally World for my firearm needs a long time ago though they still sell ammo. I don't even trust buying targets there. Luckily there are some fun shops nearby that I can depend on.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 11:37:32 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hallow Point.

You still haven't got over it yet.

Noop
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 11:38:25 PM EDT
[#25]
If you buy American ammunition at Wal-Mart, does it still benefit the Chinese?  
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 11:42:55 PM EDT
[#26]
Last time I went to Walmart, I got a hunting license and 2 deer tag applications.  Then I asked for 2 boxes of .30-06.  So as I'm filling out the license and application forms, we were making a small amount of small talk and I realized that this guy didn't know shit about guns, ammo, licensing, or anything.  I figured, this is my chance to make a move (not in teh ghey way).  I asked for 2 boxes of Winchester value pack .45 ACP (I'm 19 btw).  So he adds that on to the total (something like $150 by now).  Then he realizes, "Uh sir, can I see your ID?"  So I hand it to him.  "I can't sell you this, sir.  Sorry."  I remembered the excuse I've read works.  "But I'm gonna use it in a carbine, not a pistol."  "Oh.  Well, usually the computer asks me if it's for a pistol or not, but it didn't this time."  So I ask him to run it through again.  Still, the computer has to be a bitch and not hook me up.  So I left without any .45 ACP
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 11:52:47 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Sounds like the Wal-Marts around me. In, get what I want and out. No issues.

I went in there the other day for some primers and found that most of the assholes in the store that day didn't work for Wal-Mart.  

Customer chewing the new clerk out because he was having a little trouble with a fishing license, parents leaving their kids in the toy department like it was a day care, asshole at the returns counter wanting a full refund on a stereo system although it had obviously been used for a while and he had no receipt, customer at the check out line that had a clerk run back to the baby department because they swore an item was six dollars and not six and a quarter, etc.  I almost never go in there on a Saturday, but sometimes I forget.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 12:00:51 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Is that true?  The store up where I live told me that they no longer carry .223.

Kooter pal!  Show me the light!

No longer carry ANY 223, or not carrying win white box 223? The white box is supposed to be back in stores within the next month or so last I heard. It will say "deleted" when scanned with a handheld terminal. But that is because if there is an empty hole on the shelf, but the item is "deleted" it doesn't make the manager look bad, as it is then not considered an "out of stock" item.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top