Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/3/2005 4:47:30 PM EDT
I usually get a chuckle out of them but the Dummies are starting to really irritate me to no fucking end.

matt819  (1000+ posts)      Sat Sep-03-05 06:56 PM
Response to Original message
6. WTF?
Edited on Sat Sep-03-05 06:56 PM by matt819

How many DUers feel the need to have a gun to protect their families?

I've lived in the third world, Texas, and in rural America, and I've never felt threatened enough to have to protect my family with a gun. It's good you're learning the right way. And in many respects I have no major problem with the idea of gun ownership. And if you want a gun and can legally purchase one, fine. But your comment about having a family to protect? Sorry, I don't buy that one.

Flame away if you like, but that's a feeble excuse, and I'll put money the likelihood that this reason has got more people hurt with guns than have saved them.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=104&topic_id=4613810&mesg_id=4613940
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 4:49:54 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I usually get a chuckle out of them but the Dummies are starting to really irritate me to no fucking end.

matt819  (1000+ posts)      Sat Sep-03-05 06:56 PM
Response to Original message
6. WTF?
Edited on Sat Sep-03-05 06:56 PM by matt819

How many DUers feel the need to have a gun to protect their families?

I've lived in the third world, Texas, and in rural America, and I've never felt threatened enough to have to protect my family with a gun. It's good you're learning the right way. And in many respects I have no major problem with the idea of gun ownership. And if you want a gun and can legally purchase one, fine. But your comment about having a family to protect? Sorry, I don't buy that one.

Flame away if you like, but that's a feeble excuse, and I'll put money the likelihood that this reason has got more people hurt with guns than have saved them.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=104&topic_id=4613810&mesg_id=4613940

Fixed it for you
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 4:51:48 PM EDT
[#2]
DUDE... NO hotlinking to DU!
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 4:52:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Legal guns kill hardly anyone. Everything hurts someone. Name something in america that hasnt caused harm or killed someone?
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 4:52:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 4:52:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 4:53:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Don't hotlink to DU because they can read the
referral IP address which leads back to here.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 4:53:40 PM EDT
[#7]
"I have no major problem with the idea of gun ownership"

I don't even like the way he phrased it. Idea? IDEA?  WTF?  

IT IS A CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT.....look it up, it's in there.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 5:08:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Some people just are not that bright
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 5:10:24 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

I've never understood this.

In order to follow links back, the users would have to have access to the web servers logs to check link referals.

So the only person who could see that we're linking there is the guy who runs the place.

Do you really think the webmaster there wants to encourage trolling wars between boards enough that he'd alert his mobs to the fact that we're linking there?

Link Posted: 9/3/2005 5:11:16 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Don't hotlink to DU because they can read the
referral IP address which leads back to here.

Have you personally ever read a referral ip address from some other forum posting a link to ar15.com?

Didn't think so.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 5:12:45 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Legal guns kill hardly anyone. Everything hurts someone. Name something in america that hasnt caused harm or killed someone?

big fluffy bunnies ?  
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 5:18:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 5:28:12 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

In order to follow links back, the users would have to have access to the web servers logs to check link referals.

So the only person who could see that we're linking there is the guy who runs the place.

Do you really think the webmaster there wants to encourage trolling wars between boards enough that he'd alert his mobs to the fact that we're linking there?

Yes, the webmaster at DU was doing exactly that.

Arfcom was linking to his site and he/she/it was seeing it and made mention of it in the forums along with the other sites that were linking to them as well.  After Arfcom instituted a "no link" policy, the DU webmaster made a comment that mentioned that AR15.com was no longer seeing the linking from us and that "maybe we had all shot each other."

Having them know that we were linking to them brought a lot of them over here.

Hence, the no-linking policy.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 5:31:07 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Lighten up Francis....sheesh!

GT
anyone got a live DU acct? they seem to have killed mine when I mentioned personal responsibility and self reliance.....
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 5:33:31 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes, the webmaster at DU was doing exactly that.

Arfcom was linking to his site and he/she/it was seeing it and made mention of it in the forums ....

gotta link?
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 5:45:12 PM EDT
[#18]

Cans, standing.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 6:09:10 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

big fluffy bunnies ?  

Not so fast.  I thought two of my bunnies would get along just fine if I let them out together.  It was worse than a dog fight.  No serious injuries but harm was definitely caused.  And, yes, one of them was very fluffy.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 6:10:51 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Not so fast.  I thought two of my bunnies would get along just fine if I let them out together.  It was worse than a dog fight.  No serious injuries but harm was definitely caused.  And, yes, one of them was very fluffy.

Pugilistic fluffy bunnies? That's absurd!
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 6:12:55 PM EDT
[#21]
We still get the occassion troll tho.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top