Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/4/2003 5:52:29 PM EDT
[>(]

Single males pay attention: This is what you have to look forward to when you get married and have no kids yet.

So we wake up today and over coffee my lovely wife say's she has a 20% off coupon for Linens and Things that HAS to be used today.
Ok say's I let's go when your ready. ( always the cheerfull and devoted hubby that I am [:D].
Off we go. Shopping cart ready and this is how it goes:
1-Big blanket thing. (Yippy,!! I had INPUT on this one)
1- Big blanket thing for guest bedroom (No say on this one)
Bunch o' sheets
More silverware, in sets this time.( I swear I thought we had knives and forks, she insists they are mismatched)
Pillows to match blanket things.
Need another cart now, we have a 20% off coupon she reminds me!
Some kitchen utensils (OK, OK I admit I picked out this crap myself, but I NEEDED it).
[flame] away
Bathroom thingies for quest bathroom ( But honey we never have any guests. So what, we have a coupon stupid!)
Miscalaneous knick knacks.....
Checkout time, $900 and change with the damn coupon.

So to my fellow ARFCOM members whose deals I have had to back out of. I am truly sorry! Next time please print me out a coupon so I can show my wife why I NEED that rifle RIGHT NOW.

Link Posted: 5/4/2003 5:59:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Dude, I know how you feel.  We still have towels given to us when we got married [b]4 years ago!![/b]  Funny thing is, we've had guests in the four years we've been married, but those towels still haven't been used for some reason.  [>:/]

Pass the beer nuts
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 6:04:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Yup, and the good guest soap. Nobody ever uses the damn things. Shoot I am always tempted when I go to others houses.
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 6:12:07 PM EDT
[#3]
The english language does not allow  one to end sentences with a preposition. [:D]
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 6:13:16 PM EDT
[#4]
After dropping that much you at least got the camo comforter and sheets right?

[LOL]
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 6:13:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Here I thought this was something you had to do because you and the wife are always tearing up the bedding.
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 6:15:14 PM EDT
[#6]
<< sarcasm mode on>>
It's not how much you spent, it's how much you SAVED with that 20% off coupon. You were going to buy that crap anyway, were'nt you?

Take it all back.

<>
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 6:26:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
<< sarcasm mode on>>
It's not how much you spent, it's how much you SAVED with that 20% off coupon. You were going to buy that crap anyway, were'nt you?

Take it all back.

<>
View Quote

Yes, I SAVED enough to buy some mags. Hah, so there woman!
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 6:29:37 PM EDT
[#8]
This is what you need:

[img]http://a1460.g.akamai.net/f/1460/1339/6h/www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/content/Item/61/48/23/i614823sq02.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 6:31:03 PM EDT
[#9]
There go the mags.
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 7:02:33 PM EDT
[#10]
I know ho you feel.  I had to go shopping with my wife too, today.

She needed plug wires and a coil for her '65 Mustang.

Sometimes it's just so hard being married [jump]
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 7:21:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
This is what you need:

[url]http://a1460.g.akamai.net/f/1460/1339/6h/www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/content/Item/61/48/23/i614823sq02.jpg[/url]
View Quote

I got the set in Advantage classic on the bed now. Wife even likes it. But then my wife loves to hunt and fish as well as shoot.
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 7:38:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Just bought a bed yesterday, sheets today.

I need a comforter.

I am SOOOO glad you posted that pic, Nattylite. I am all over it, and I don't even hunt.
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 7:55:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I need a comforter.

I am SOOOO glad you posted that pic, Nattylite. I am all over it, and I don't even hunt.
View Quote

Adam, just take two poncho liners (woobies) and tie them to eachother. [:D]
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 7:56:24 PM EDT
[#14]
LOL!  I bought new comforter and cool sheets to go with it.  I'm not married, but it's cool to have a nice looking and inviting bed for the lady friends that come by to "visit."  So, if you have any skills with the ladies you have to know about the details...stuff like candles, cool bedding and a neat bathroom...girls look at stuff like that...TRUST ME...
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 8:22:22 PM EDT
[#15]
I cant wait to get married!  
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 9:21:43 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I need a comforter.

View Quote

Adam, just take two poncho liners (woobies) and tie them to eachother. [:D]
View Quote

You laugh, but my poncho liner IS what I have been sleeping under since getting back from Korea. Nothing beats it - too bad they don't make 'em in queen size.
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 9:28:01 PM EDT
[#17]
Thread count is very important!  I do not sleep on anything under 300!  Sounds like your spouse is rather thrifty -Your wife rocks!
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 10:05:15 PM EDT
[#18]
I got the wife to read this, and she's laughing.  It sounds just like us, except Macy's is our prefered store.  

Are we related?
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 11:18:18 PM EDT
[#19]
Well go out and spend the $180 you saved from this shopping trip.
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 11:37:31 PM EDT
[#20]
If you really wanna save money, skip the camo sheets and just sleep in a bush.

cynic
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 11:56:22 PM EDT
[#21]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top