Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 4/29/2009 6:04:17 AM EDT
Yep, I'm going to FUCK a BANK.

Just got approved on our new home loan.  Last payment will be in 2039.

As we all know it ain't going to make it till 039,
economic collapse is right around the corner and thus once that happens I won't have to make anymore payments because all the stupid fatcats at the bank will either be dead or running for their lives/scraping in ditches for dirt.  At best they will be personal slaves of us gunowners.  

I mean how STUPID are they for giving me a loan for 30 years when we only have possibly only months left, at best a year or two before total economic collapse and worldwide panic.  

I'm not stupid either, it is a gated (smallish) community with walls on all sides and about 3 miles out of town.  I will be forming the ******* Hollow militia shortly after I move in. So when the hungry hoards try to come for my (no longer making payments to the bank) house I will shoot them from the walls.  

HA HA!!!!!
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 6:05:41 AM EDT
[#1]
You bought a house?  Now?

Yikes.
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 6:07:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Yikes.

40K off last years selling price (NEW) and 4.8% interest.

But it won't matter, I'm only making 12-20 payments before I don't have to anymore.

Link Posted: 4/29/2009 6:07:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 6:07:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
, it is a gated (smallish) community with walls on all sides and about 3 miles out of town.

All the disadvantages of living out of town + all the disadvantages of living in a suburb = FAIL
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 6:07:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Um Ok
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 6:07:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Retarded thread.

Needs a lock.
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 6:08:11 AM EDT
[#7]
In 20 months, you could have purchased for half the original asking price.

Link Posted: 4/29/2009 6:08:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I like my plan.
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 6:08:55 AM EDT
[#9]
Barrack will not allow that to happen
If you work you must pay but if you dont then the world is yours
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 6:11:59 AM EDT
[#10]
If the bank goes under, somebody else will buy up that note.  Especially if you've been making payments.  So you ain't fuckin' nobody.  

But congrats on the purchase!  With home values depressed as they are right now, it's really not a bad time to buy, despite the naysayers.  The current economic situation hasn't hurt you if you are still working, and didn't lose a shit-ton in the stock market.
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 6:13:04 AM EDT
[#11]
Brilliant!

I have a similar plan, except mine is to watch for hyperinflation, then sell a pair of used shoes to pay off the mortgage. There will be a small window of opportunity before they replace currencies when this will be possible.
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 6:14:08 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Yikes.

It's a buyer's market right now, if you have the money and the job security.

Link Posted: 4/29/2009 6:14:58 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
If the bank goes under, somebody else will buy up that note.  Especially if you've been making payments.  So you ain't fuckin' nobody.  

But congrats on the purchase!  With home values depressed as they are right now, it's really not a bad time to buy, despite the naysayers.  The current economic situation hasn't hurt you if you are still working, and didn't lose a shit-ton in the stock market.

After the economic collapse there will be no financial markets.  Nobody will be buying anything, except food, women, ammo and gold.
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 6:17:37 AM EDT
[#14]

Sarcasm is wasted on some.

Link Posted: 4/29/2009 6:22:10 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

After the economic collapse there will be no financial markets.  Nobody will be buying anything, except food, women, ammo and gold.
Quality breeders fetch a premium. Wide hips and the ability to haul firewood will be the new standards of beauty.

Link Posted: 4/29/2009 6:23:32 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quality breeders fetch a premium. Wide hips and the ability to haul firewood will be the new standards of beauty.

^

A man that understands.  
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 6:26:08 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Retarded thread.

Needs a lock.

I'm guessing sarcasm eludes you.
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 6:26:41 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Retarded thread.

Needs a lock.

yep, trolling.
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 6:27:53 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 6:29:28 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Fuck a bank?  Why?  Isn't Obama gonna pay your mortgage?

hes gonna pay mine!
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 6:29:40 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yikes.

It's a buyer's market right now, if you have the money and the job security.

This.
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 6:33:10 AM EDT
[#22]
Could have just waited for the collapse and moved into the empty house for free.
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 6:33:22 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Brilliant!

I have a similar plan, except mine is to watch for hyperinflation, then sell a pair of used shoes to pay off the mortgage. There will be a small window of opportunity before they replace currencies when this will be possible.

That's what I was thinking.

Link Posted: 4/29/2009 6:33:39 AM EDT
[#24]
Sarcasm dose not elude me.

OP is trolling. Rubbing noses in shit, is his intent.
CoC violation
Thread lock and nasty gram is in order.

Personally I am getting tired of his symantics game regarding the economy as my town dries up and blows away. Retarded thread needs lock.
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 6:33:57 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Retarded thread.

Needs a lock.

yep, trolling.

Eh, I don't see it as trolling. I'm as much of a SHTF tin foil pessimist as anyone, and I think it's funny.

Link Posted: 4/29/2009 6:35:18 AM EDT
[#26]
how are the HOA cc &r's  
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 6:35:21 AM EDT
[#27]
Well, they were dumb enough to issue the loan, so it looks like you guys are a matched set.
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 6:36:57 AM EDT
[#28]

The OP is trying to pwn the Chicken Littles, paranoid nutters and others who suspect SHTF is imminent.
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 6:37:22 AM EDT
[#29]
Great job.

I've been maxing out my credit cards for the same reason.  
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 6:38:24 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Yep, I'm going to FUCK a BANK.

Just got approved on our new home loan.  Last payment will be in 2039.

As we all know it ain't going to make it till 039,
economic collapse is right around the corner and thus once that happens I won't have to make anymore payments because all the stupid fatcats at the bank will either be dead or running for their lives/scraping in ditches for dirt.  At best they will be personal slaves of us gunowners.  

I mean how STUPID are they for giving me a loan for 30 years when we only have possibly only months left, at best a year or two before total economic collapse and worldwide panic.  

I'm not stupid either, it is a gated (smallish) community with walls on all sides and about 3 miles out of town.  I will be forming the ******* Hollow militia shortly after I move in. So when the hungry hoards try to come for my (no longer making payments to the bank) house I will shoot them from the walls.  

HA HA!!!!!

Shut up.

Link Posted: 4/29/2009 6:38:46 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Yikes.

Now is the time to buy.
I know a guy who's graduating college this year and looking to buy a ~$100K house right out of college (a decent post bubble price for the type of houses he's looking at in the area). Smart move, IMO. A mortgage payment isn't going to be a whole lot different than rent payments for a decent apartment. And when you move out of the apartment, you've got nothing to show for all your regular payments. At least with a house you'll build equity.
He's got a decent job waiting for him, so I say go for it.

Link Posted: 4/29/2009 6:39:25 AM EDT
[#32]
I'm thinking now might be a good time to buy. When the hyper inflation hits We could be making $100.00 an hr working at Mc Donalds! I could make a $2000.00 a month house payment.

I don't think it will crash in the next year or two. But I think the next 20 to 50 Yrs Something will happen if We can't get to a real balanced budget. Since We have a democracy now instead of a Republic I think sooner is more likely.
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 6:39:43 AM EDT
[#33]
A more likely result is that when things collapse, someone (the Chinese ?) will buy the note from the dead bank you got the house from. Then if they want the house (like they want to put a shopping mall or American detention center in its place) then they call in the note to you (it's probably in your mortgage clauses anyway) and if you can't pay, you are homeless.

No they won't give you your equity.

Bottom line, unless the whole world completely goes to shit, someone will hold the note. There probably won't be an escape from this.

Link Posted: 4/29/2009 6:40:02 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

^

A man that understands.  
You forgot liquor.  And weed.  If everything collapses... people will want to get their buzz on fo sho.

Link Posted: 4/29/2009 6:40:05 AM EDT
[#35]
Mmmmmm

Mod trolling

Link Posted: 4/29/2009 6:40:26 AM EDT
[#36]
I am glad to see you have great ethics and now have become what has ruined this nation...
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 6:42:38 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Quoted:

New standards?  No.  Everybody else will modify their standards to meet my old ones...
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 6:50:06 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By ––bullseye––:

Quoted:

Yikes.

Now is the time to buy.

I know a guy who's graduating college this year and looking to buy ~$100K house right out of college (a decent post bubble price for the type of houses he's looking at in the area). Smart move, IMO. A mortgage payment isn't going to be a whole lot different than rent payments for a decent apartment. And when you move out of the apartment, you've got nothing to show for all your regular payments. At least with a house you'll build equity. Get to pay for your own property taxes and repairs, and the house might lose value to boot!

Fixed that for you!
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 6:52:58 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

But congrats on the purchase!  With home values depressed as they are right now, it's really not a bad time to buy, despite the naysayers.  .

Exactly..  However it is a bad time to sell....

Link Posted: 4/29/2009 6:54:28 AM EDT
[#40]
Pffft.  This thread shows just how short sided you really are.  In 12-20 months you could have moved into that same house for free.  Squatter's rights will rule.
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 6:56:12 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yikes.

40K off last years selling price (NEW) and 4.8% interest.

But it won't matter, I'm only making 12-20 payments before I don't have to anymore.

that's a steal.

best time to buy right now.

Link Posted: 4/29/2009 9:47:02 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I'm thinking now might be a good time to buy. When the hyper inflation hits We could be making $100.00 an hr working at Mc Donalds! I could make a $2000.00 a month house payment.

I don't think it will crash in the next year or two. But I think the next 20 to 50 Yrs Something will happen if We can't get to a real balanced budget. Since We have a democracy now instead of a Republic I think sooner is more likely.

Banks usually have provisions to call back the loan from what I am told....
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 9:52:12 AM EDT
[#43]
Ask the guy who bought two years ago, if he has any equity in his house. I bet he wish he rented
Originally Posted By ––bullseye––:

Quoted:

Yikes.

Now is the time to buy.

I know a guy who's graduating college this year and looking to buy a ~$100K house right out of college (a decent post bubble price for the type of houses he's looking at in the area). Smart move, IMO. A mortgage payment isn't going to be a whole lot different than rent payments for a decent apartment. And when you move out of the apartment, you've got nothing to show for all your regular payments. At least with a house you'll build equity.

Link Posted: 4/29/2009 9:55:28 AM EDT
[#44]
Buying women - OP must be thinking about Morocco again.
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 10:00:44 AM EDT
[#45]
If you can make payments until Nov -'12 you're cool.

Mayan calendar runs out 12-21-12. World ends.

Pastels are big for interiors this year.
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 10:04:02 AM EDT
[#46]
So, we'll be able to easily see your "hidey-hole".
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 10:05:22 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Sarcasm dose not elude me.

OP is trolling. Rubbing noses in shit, is his intent.

CoC violation

Thread lock and nasty gram is in order.

Personally I am getting tired of his symantics game regarding the economy as my town dries up and blows away. Retarded thread needs lock.

OK, where's Serious Cat when you need him?

ETA:  FOUND HIM!

Link Posted: 4/29/2009 10:06:38 AM EDT
[#48]
Congrats on your home.  Perhaps rethink the high road and try not to succumb to the tasty, attractive, all-but-unavoidable moral hazard of getting bailed out.
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 10:07:34 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Retarded thread.

Needs a lock.

yep, trolling.

THIS

Link Posted: 4/29/2009 10:09:32 AM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top