Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/26/2014 4:25:14 AM EDT
Mom and Dad are up there in years and going to give me one of their cars.  Going to pick it up today.  One problem..... Its a PT Cruiser

2004 with 15.5K miles
This car has had my name on it for over a year. its just been setting in their garage. Its time to go get it.  

Any advice as to how I am going to keep the hoards of women off me once I get this car?  its a real concern.

Edit 042814 add pictures

Link Posted: 4/26/2014 4:26:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

Any advice as to how I am going to keep the hoards of women off me once I get this car?  its a real concern.
View Quote

Drive it.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 4:26:47 AM EDT
[#2]
The good news is with only 15500 miles, you've got at least 5000 miles before it starts giving you problems.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 4:27:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Deep window tint will make sure no one can see you, to reduce the shame.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 4:27:28 AM EDT
[#4]
No shame in that. You need a vehicle, it is a vehicle, problem solved.  Dipshits that validate themselves by what they drive or own are shallow pieces of shit.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 4:28:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Paint some badass flames on it. Bitches love flames.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 4:28:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 4:29:23 AM EDT
[#7]
Those are pretty reliable vehicles, be thankful you have good parents.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 4:29:32 AM EDT
[#8]
2004 with 15K? In today's market it's worth about $20K!!!
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 4:30:13 AM EDT
[#9]
It's about transportation.  Compared to other vehicles, it's low profile.  Good for the gray man (invisible, not noticeable).

BTW, I rented one once (didn't ask for it, but that's what they gave me) and found it very easy to get luggage (long cases) in and out.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 4:30:21 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
2004 with 15K? In today's market it's worth about $20K!!!
View Quote

Only if he puts a new frame on it.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 4:30:53 AM EDT
[#11]
Is it purple? Most PT cruisers I see on the road are purple.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 4:30:54 AM EDT
[#12]
socks with flip flops and a bow tie should do it. your welcome.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 4:31:41 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
No shame in that. You need a vehicle, it is a vehicle, problem solved.  Dipshits that validate themselves by what they drive or own are shallow pieces of shit.
View Quote

Says the guy with "Ducati" in his screenname
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 4:32:24 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's gonna leave a mark.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 4:33:17 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

Tell me more Mr Ducati.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 4:33:56 AM EDT
[#16]
congratulations .....you may have the only one on the road without the obligatory "boy crazy"  bumper sticker
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 4:34:04 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

HA!
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 4:34:30 AM EDT
[#18]
Is it a GT with the turbo? Total sleeper car. Go race some local teens.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 4:39:49 AM EDT
[#19]
sell it and buy what you want
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 4:40:20 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, good point there, what can I say, it was 8 years ago...I've wanted to change it for a long time.

And if you knew me, it only confirms my statement, I am a shallow piece of shit.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 4:43:42 AM EDT
[#21]
Meh its a car. Traded in my lifted and locked Tacoma for a Honda CRV AWD.

It isn't badass or apocalypse rated, but it gets good mileage and has good snow traction.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 4:44:01 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Tell me more Mr Ducati.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tell me more Mr Ducati.

lol.......
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 4:46:18 AM EDT
[#23]
Just get a tree on the mirror to hide the sex smells.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 4:47:18 AM EDT
[#24]
Mr Ducati made this thread lol
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 4:48:55 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

The good news is with only 15500 miles, you've got at least 5000 miles before it starts giving you problems.
View Quote
But that can be avoided.

Its free so do this.

Just keep up with scheduled maintenance including getting the head bolts tightening on its scheduled maintenance and it will last a long time.

Keep it clean and out of salt.

ETA.

Waiting for pictures.

Link Posted: 4/26/2014 4:53:40 AM EDT
[#26]

Sell it to a faggot then go buy a mini bike.  

Link Posted: 4/26/2014 4:55:36 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Drive it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Drive it.

my answer as well, lol
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 4:56:57 AM EDT
[#28]
View Quote

that's sweet!
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 5:00:23 AM EDT
[#29]
Make it into a woody OP.

Link Posted: 4/26/2014 5:05:44 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

Agreed. I have been driving a 1995 Ford Ranger with 215,000 miles and beat all to hell. It's a 2wd with the 2.3 and a manual. I bought a new Ford Fusion for my wife due to her long drive to work and to have a reliable vehicle for transporting the kids. It came down to nice cars or nice home. I chose a nice house.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 5:08:27 AM EDT
[#31]
I'd feel bad putting money into a pt loser. I'd sell it before I needed to.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 5:19:18 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Drive it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Drive it.

Cue the ROFLCopter.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 5:20:45 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yep.  Free Car says you just saved money to buy cool shit like guns
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 5:38:12 AM EDT
[#34]
I drove one for four years. Got it with 132k got rid of it with 195k. Drove it all over the state of Florida. From Key West to St Augustine and in over sixty thousand miles the only issue I had was a leaky valve cover gasket, power stealing pump hose and control arm bushings. I only got rid of it because I needed something larger.

My suggestion is say thank you, take it, drive it. They are not pretty and are shaped like a fuckin shoe but they are actually good cars.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 6:05:07 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Is it purple? Most PT cruisers I see on the road are purple.
View Quote

Thinking the same thing. Usually a handicap tag hanging from the mirror. Drive it OP. You might want to check the tires, belts, hoses etc if it's been setting a long time.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 6:15:38 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Mom and Dad are up there in years and going to give me one of their cars.  Going to pick it up today.  One problem..... Its a PT Cruiser

2004 with 15.5K miles
This car has had my name on it for over a year. its just been setting in their garage. Its time to go get it.  

View Quote

The first two paragraphs led me to believe you were a woman.  After the third, I'm thinking maybe you're a particularly bashful lesbian.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 6:34:23 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

The first two paragraphs led me to believe you were a woman.  After the third, I'm thinking maybe you're a particularly bashful lesbian.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

2004 with 15.5K miles

Lol!
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 6:40:56 AM EDT
[#38]
Driving a PT Cruiser is like banging that chubby neighborhood girl.

When your friends are around, you all joke about how ugly it is and how you would never be caught dead inside of it.

After they leave, you go ahead and try it out and suddenly remember why you'd been drooling over everything but a PT Cruiser all these years.

Then you sell the PT Cruiser and spend all the money on whiskey, weed, and women.
Mission accomplished.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 6:43:47 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

2004 with 15.5K miles

Link Posted: 4/26/2014 6:47:01 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Drive it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Drive it.

Lol
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 6:47:43 AM EDT
[#41]
If no one else has said it yet you need to get some of those Pep Boys stick on chrome port holes for the front fenders.

Those little stick on port holes tell the world you mean business... they also tell the world you eat dinner at 4:30.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 6:48:08 AM EDT
[#42]
Sell it and buy a car without a vagina.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 6:49:41 AM EDT
[#43]
Get a job, pay cash for your own car.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 6:50:45 AM EDT
[#44]
Have fun with the car. I saw one a few months ago that had off road lights on the front, mudflaps, and spaco terra wheels on it. Not saying that's what you should do, but you're getting a free car so you might as well have fun with it.

Edit: free car for an srt4 swap
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 6:51:47 AM EDT
[#45]
NOTHING is more expensive than FREE!
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 6:52:46 AM EDT
[#46]
I wouldn't drive that.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 6:53:45 AM EDT
[#47]
Muh babies' mama's brother won a FREE minicooper at his job up in NY....Cost him $8k in taxes, he had to sell the car, which already had 15k miles on it when he got it, to pay the taxes. He came out ahead but NY being what it is can FOAD.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 6:55:24 AM EDT
[#48]
Many of the techniques in this vid can be applied to your PT Looser.

Link Posted: 4/26/2014 6:56:37 AM EDT
[#49]
Trade it for a used Ducati

I bet the values are close
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 6:58:46 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Paint some badass flames on it. Bitches love flames.
View Quote

This!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top