Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/17/2001 8:19:25 PM EDT
Just got back from a conference that was sponsered in part by BATF (the bomb and arson side).  They had a raffle for a firearm and lo and behold, I actually won!  When I opened up the envelope, the certificate was for a Smith & Wesson Chief Special.  I told them I wouldn't own a S&W even if it was free.  After a long discussion, they said I could choose any other firearm at the police supply store.  Wound up putting the certificate towards a Bushmaster XM15-E2S.  I don't think they were too happy that I put their polically correct money towards the dreaded "Black Rifle".  By the way, up to now I have always owned Armalites but the fit and finish on this Bushmaster is fantastic - actually better than any of my Armalites.  Just want to thank BATF for the great rifle!!
Tray
Link Posted: 3/17/2001 8:55:52 PM EDT
[#1]
The BATF raffles off firearms?  Whoa, I am surprised!
Link Posted: 3/17/2001 9:09:46 PM EDT
[#2]
I told them I wouldn't own a S&W even if it was free.  After a long discussion, they said I could choose any other firearm at the police supply store.  Wound up putting the certificate towards a Bushmaster XM15-E2S.  I don't think they were too happy that I put their polically correct money towards the dreaded "Black Rifle".

The police supply store huh? are those the surplus guns they have left over from the raids and killing sprees. Oh I mean the protection of our rights. Oh I mean... Oh shi+ I dont know what I mean. But c'mon the BATF raffling guns I'd get that one engraved
Link Posted: 3/17/2001 9:25:52 PM EDT
[#3]
[pyro]
I know S&W Managers sold out, but it seems a shame to bring all their workers down with them.
I wish some pro gun miilionaire would launch a pro gun takeover of S&W.
Maybe Bush can make some law outlawing foreign ownership of defense industries.
Link Posted: 3/18/2001 12:56:04 AM EDT
[#4]
I Think I Pissed BATF Off
View Quote

I would have to agree with your assessment of the situation.

Good one.
Link Posted: 3/18/2001 3:43:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I told them I wouldn't own a S&W even if it was free.
View Quote

Perfect. Nicely done. I'm glad you got something out of the deal besides dumb looks.
Link Posted: 3/18/2001 4:27:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Good job!  I'm sure you'll be very happy with the Bushmaster and knowing that the BATF helped you get it is even more satisfying. =)
Link Posted: 3/18/2001 7:28:27 AM EDT
[#7]
[img]http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/mica/shitanim_small.gif[/img]
...ATF...

That's what I think of the ABC groups!

sgtar15
PS  Damn!!  On a another freaking list!!
Link Posted: 3/18/2001 1:10:48 PM EDT
[#8]
ATF will give you one of the illegally modified AR15's from the evidence room. Then they will have an excuse to raid your house and charge you with possession of an unregistered machine gun.
Link Posted: 3/18/2001 3:01:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Imbroglio:  Then the BATF will be shot with one of their own guns....HOW IRONIC!
Link Posted: 3/18/2001 4:28:39 PM EDT
[#10]
I think what you guys are failing to realize is that the police supply store referred to here is a privately owned store that sells handcuffs, police gear, and yes guns.  This is not an entity owned by ATF.  Most cities have police supply stores, just look in the yellow pages.  Anyone can buy most of the goods in these stores like holsters, etc.
Link Posted: 3/18/2001 4:31:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Are you sure they weren't happy because you decided on the "Black Rifle", or maybe it was because you made such a fuss? Seems to me you're not easy to please, are you?

"It takes a village idiot to raise a commie child" -- Hillary Clinton
Link Posted: 3/18/2001 4:33:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Oops, double post. Sure wish this connection wasn't so slow. Sorry.
Link Posted: 3/18/2001 4:53:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I think what you guys are failing to realize is that the police supply store referred to here is a privately owned store that sells handcuffs, police gear, and yes guns.
View Quote

Yea, I think we all know this, but where would the humor come from. It's always fun to make fun of the BATF
Link Posted: 3/18/2001 5:17:14 PM EDT
[#14]
OH well....some people have all the fun.  When do you get to get a 'free' firearm, express your opinion legally, 'tick' off S&W and BATF all in the same day?  Well, at least you didn't ask for a big 50 BMG.......
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top