Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/27/2002 5:28:49 AM EDT
Last week I was over at a friends house and he asked if I wanted a beer, though he was out of Miller Lite. I said sure and he brought me a Bud Dry in the bottle that he said another guy had brought over.

We were standing there talking as I noticed the cap was a little hard to get off, though I didn't really think much about it. When I took the first drink I noticed that it tasted kind of sweet and not really much like beer. To verify my observation I took another drink and now I was sure that something wasn't right. I looked on the label for the born on date and it turns out that particular beer was made in April of [b]1997[/b]!!! This thing was almost 5 years old!

I held it up to the light and you could actually see stuff growing/settling at the bottom of the bottle.

I didn't die and I do not seem to have incurred any harmful side effects so I guess the stuff wasn't deadly. I'm just glad I didn't get a hold of that thing after a 18 pack or so, where I might not have noticed in time.
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 5:30:15 AM EDT
[#1]
As soon as I found out you were drinking Bud Dry or Miller Lite I already knew you were drinking "a bad beer."  I didn't have to read any farther.
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 5:31:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Wow, beers usually don't last more than 4 hours once they hit my fridge.[beer]
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 6:20:10 AM EDT
[#3]

last chrsitmas i was home visiting the parents and went down the basement refrigerator for a beer. there were all kinds of beers in there...but i decided the iron city in the special penguins hockey can would be interesting. (maybe becasue it was the only can in there.) didn't think too much of it..tasted jsut like regular iron city.

when my brother found the can in the kitchen the next morning, he was rather irritated. it was one of the stanley cup cans...from 1991.

Link Posted: 2/27/2002 6:34:12 AM EDT
[#4]
he brought me a Bud Dry in the bottle that he said another guy had brought over
View Quote

I don't even think they brew Bud Dry anymore...

I may be wrong, but I think most folks have that one non-drinker friend who has the "stragglers" in the fridge - you know, those 2 Corona bottles left over from the 4th of July last year (left over because they ran out of limes - no one can choke that overpriced crap down without it) and the can of Pabst Blue Ribbon left from the Superbowl Party in '92.
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 6:36:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
he brought me a Bud Dry in the bottle that he said another guy had brought over
View Quote

I don't even think they brew Bud Dry anymore...
View Quote

I wouldn't know, because I don't drink it. Hey, maybe I'm some kind of celebrity now since it's possible that I drank the very last Bud Dry to be consumed ever!

Maybe I should check into it.....
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 6:38:55 AM EDT
[#6]
I wonder if it was part of that lot I heard some guy at the brewery dumped urine he'd been saving up a couple of years ago. Seems he was having a dispute with the brewmaster, and he........
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 6:44:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I wonder if it was part of that lot I heard some guy at the brewery dumped urine he'd been saving up a couple of years ago. Seems he was having a dispute with the brewmaster, and he........
View Quote

That's ok, the alcohol would sanitize it......Just ask anybody!  [;)]
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 2:48:35 PM EDT
[#8]
When my Granddad died, we found a case of Pabst Blue Ribbon beer. He had marked on the box the date he bought it Jan/1975. I thought what the hell and put it in the fridge. It tasted great, I wish I had more of it. Is seemed kind of strong though. Btw this was in 1998.
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 5:01:39 PM EDT
[#9]
nice! nothing quite like a PBR. my friends don't know why i like it but there is just something about that brand.

i even have a group of beer cans on one of the walls in the shop and one of my favorites has always been the pbr flat top...from the 40's i think.

maybe i'll leave a case for my kids....
[beer]
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 5:44:56 PM EDT
[#10]
I know it makes me a bad Canadian...

BUT I HATE BEER!!!

It tastes and SMELLS terrible!!

So far I have managed to choke down 6 beers in my life and each was a struggle..

Mind you I also like guns so that makes me a bad Canadian as well.

Oh well such is life.
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 6:13:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Stormbring, you are indeed a [b]BAD CANADIAN[/b].  Wottsamatta U?

Man when I die I hope they embalm me with Moosehead.  Or if there is a problem with that I would settle for Molson.
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 6:36:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top