Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/24/2001 4:17:11 PM EDT
my old account has been locked up because I went "racist". I think "goatboy" was right. I re-registered  and then re-read what I had wrote and thought " what an a##-hole!!" I want to take this time to sincerely apologize to everyone for what I said. Yes, I will always NOT get along well with the Viet Namese, but I have no right to drag all of you and AR15.com through this muck of my own personal experiences. So again I apologize and commend AR15.com for keeping a tight leash. Hate only serves a purpose on the battlefield, everywhere else, it just causes pain.
Spook1
Link Posted: 5/24/2001 4:25:34 PM EDT
[#1]
It takes a MAN......
Link Posted: 5/24/2001 4:29:59 PM EDT
[#2]
HANGFIRE
It takes a MAN......  
View Quote

Ditto that.
Link Posted: 5/24/2001 4:46:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/24/2001 4:46:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/24/2001 4:49:30 PM EDT
[#5]
I think we'll just let Spook1 fade away. Thanks, to all of you for your acceptance. I'll try to make the most of it.
Link Posted: 5/24/2001 9:30:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Welcome back!
Link Posted: 5/24/2001 11:25:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Good post, now get back in here.

Kuiper
Link Posted: 5/24/2001 11:44:11 PM EDT
[#8]
I take it you are a Vietnam vet? If so you are not the only war vet whom I have spoke with to hold animosity towards the former enemy. I have heard stories upon stories of the things the VC, N.Koreans, and Japanese did to prisoners of war. Anyone who went through that or had a close family member go through it, will understandably have a sense of hatred towards their captors. I have spoke with WWII vets who still will not buy anything that is made in Japan. These men are not ignorant, just very bitter. A gentlemen I spoke with was a WWII vet who was held as a Japanese prisoner for 2 plus years. He was forced to work for Mitsubishi mining co. Very hard labor, poor conditions etc. On one occasion he told of a time that he and some of his fellow soldiers were locked in a cage outside, about 50yds. if front of the cage was a hand water pump, He and all of the other men had very very little water and were literally dying of thirst. two Japanese guards came down and began to pump water out of the pump onto the ground, they took turns pumping water on the ground in front of these men for hours. They finally stopped and went away. Two of the guys could not take the thirst anymore so they broke out of the cell and ran up and stared drinking from the pump, they were allowed no more than a mouth full when a Japanese Gunner cut them down with a heavy machine gun in front of the guys who stayed in the cell. I think that would make almost anyone a little biased.
Link Posted: 5/25/2001 3:12:04 AM EDT
[#9]
Good post! Welcome back!

I too have a few lingering issues about this topic...But I come here to have some fun, learn a few things (actually more than just a few), and join the occasional pizzing contests (all in fun). I try to keep away from any threads that might cause me to go over and make things worse (even though somtimes I have failed).

Anyway, Welcome Back!!

Edit for the usual spelling errors...

Link Posted: 5/25/2001 5:01:58 AM EDT
[#10]
Savoy1 has a military tone. Much better handle
than Spook which brought to mind Casper the
friendly ghost.
Link Posted: 5/25/2001 5:33:34 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/25/2001 5:52:04 AM EDT
[#12]
Savoy!:

Some things about the war never end.  No one can blame you for that.

My sister-in-law is VietNamese-----from the south.

I think the repurcussions from that war will last infinitely in the minds of those affected by it.  She lost her dad in the conflict.

Even for her, her family having been the good guys, the war has lasting issues.

Your apology shows courage and a heart in the right place.

Well done.
Link Posted: 5/25/2001 7:53:59 AM EDT
[#13]
edited because I doubled
Link Posted: 5/25/2001 9:21:37 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
It takes a MAN......
View Quote

where are doubts there is the force...

welcome back...
Link Posted: 5/25/2001 9:25:47 AM EDT
[#15]
Wecome back,
I am sure I have made a comment or two that has offended someone myself. You did the right thing my friend and I respect you for it!!
Link Posted: 5/25/2001 9:33:50 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
HANGFIRE
It takes a MAN......  
View Quote

Ditto that.
View Quote

Double Ditto's!!
Lynn [:D]
Link Posted: 5/25/2001 3:20:27 PM EDT
[#17]
again, thank you all for the acceptance. It's hard to say you're sorry when you can still see the war each night you go to sleep. I only hope mine was the worst and all others faired better because what happened to me, I wouldn't wish on anyone.
Again, thanks.
Link Posted: 5/25/2001 8:54:37 PM EDT
[#18]
Savoy,

IMHO there's no need for you to apologize for the experience you've been trough.

Never saw combat, never been in a war. But I know first hand that somethings can never be scraped of the minds eye.

Kuiper
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top