Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/2/2017 1:06:45 PM EDT
LOL
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 1:12:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Lulz

Next year will be fun when they are short again.
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 1:14:53 PM EDT
[#2]
What about the children?

Tards.
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 1:15:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Be worthwhile just to drive out of the county and stockup
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 1:19:27 PM EDT
[#4]
At least the budget won't be a problem anymore.
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 1:23:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Too bad Chicagoans aren't brave enough to to stage their own Boston Tea Party
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 1:24:42 PM EDT
[#6]
If you pay for the drinks with an EBT card the tax doesn't apply to you. Along with Chicago's plastic bottle and plastic bag tax.

Wouldn't want to piss off the democratic voting block.
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 1:24:59 PM EDT
[#7]
I'll have a Coke.

That I bought outside of Cook County. Because buying outside of Cook County is not that hard.
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 1:26:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Oh, thank God!  Illinois is saved!
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 1:27:02 PM EDT
[#9]
How does this work? The guy who buys the soda mix pays $35 more due to the tax. Do the customers also may the tax as well after he mixes it and sells it?

I mean prolly but does anyone know?
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 1:34:40 PM EDT
[#10]
As I understand it the state will collect from the seller and the seller will recoup from the consumer.  I read about the tax but it is very confusing.  The goal is to reduce obesity due to sugary and artificially sweeted drinks.
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 1:35:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Are sodas purchase with EBT subject to the tax?
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 1:35:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How does this work? The guy who buys the soda mix pays $35 more due to the tax. Do the customers also may the tax as well after he mixes it and sells it?

View Quote
It's IL, so probably
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 1:37:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
As I understand it the state will collect from the seller and the seller will recoup from the consumer.  I read about the tax but it is very confusing.  The goal is to reduce obesity due to sugary and artificially sweeted drinks.
View Quote
Wanna bet?
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 1:41:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Wait... I thought this was a "Sugary Drink Tax"? The first bullet point defining what will be taxed says "Regular and diet sodas," DIET SODAS don't have Sugar in them that is the whole point of a DIET drink.

Just saying...
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 1:43:46 PM EDT
[#15]
lol....poor people aren't gonna pay this new tax.  SNAP benefit purchases are exempt from taxes...
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 1:44:20 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote
Here's one for you.

Even if it is the person with the EBT is not paying (TAX)

It's all free shit until the money runs out and you have to get a job.

Link Posted: 8/2/2017 1:44:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote
NOPE
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 1:45:43 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

Nope. Not even close.
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 1:51:54 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote
Well they can't just come out and say give us all your money. They have to find ways of taking it 'for our benefit.'
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 2:19:25 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I'll have a Coke.

That I bought outside of Cook County. Because buying outside of Cook County is not that hard.
View Quote
And it'll probably taste better just knowing that Cook County DIDN'T get the tax.

Like that feeling I get when I buy gas and bullets outside of that lousy county.
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 2:20:54 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 2:25:48 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
The goal is to reduce obesity due to sugary and artificially sweeted drinks.
View Quote
Just like speeding tickets are to keep everyone safe.
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 2:36:15 PM EDT
[#23]
The cities doing shit like taxing diet sodas for "fairness" because wealthy white people drink them, or taxing sales from distributors at rates over 100% and then claiming that any increase in retail prices is "gouging"... is not doing the left any favors.

The generation after the millenials see right through this crap.
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 2:37:46 PM EDT
[#24]
Beetus tax?
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 2:38:23 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Too bad Chicagoans aren't brave enough to to stage their own Boston Tea Party
View Quote
Chicago Sugar Party?
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 2:42:24 PM EDT
[#26]
Is Grape Drink included?
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 3:01:26 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

NOPE
View Quote
That pretty much goes against every taxation theory and economic theory in modern times. The problem is that poor people are fat and diabetic primarily due to their consumption of sugary drinks purchased with EBT. Making them exempt from the tax levied to discourage the consumption of said beverages defeats the entire point of the tax.
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 3:05:14 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
That pretty much goes against every taxation theory and economic theory in modern times. The problem is that poor people are fat and diabetic primarily due to their consumption of sugary drinks purchased with EBT. Making them exempt from the tax levied to discourage the consumption of said beverages defeats the entire point of the tax.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

NOPE
The point of the tax is to collect money for crooked politicians. Don't get confused and think this was for anything else.
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 3:10:30 PM EDT
[#29]
The tax is probably not charged on grape drank purchased with food stamps. 

Edit: yep, food stamp purchases are exempt. 
http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/ct-soda-tax-food-stamps-exemption-0610-biz-20170609-story.html
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 3:11:48 PM EDT
[#30]
Are cops gonna pull over soda vans in da hood?
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 3:14:12 PM EDT
[#31]
Verily thine tax on the purple drank doth stank.
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 3:14:27 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Are cops gonna pull over soda vans in da hood?
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 3:17:43 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
...The goal is to reduce obesity due to sugary and artificially sweeted drinks.
View Quote
For anyone who believes this, I have a unicorn stud farm located on prime oceanfront property in Arizona that I can cut you an exceptional deal on.
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 3:17:44 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 3:19:23 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 3:20:39 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
lol....poor people aren't gonna pay this new tax.  SNAP benefit purchases are exempt from taxes...
View Quote
This is a plot to eliminate the untermenschen with the beetus!
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 3:22:04 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote
These taxes are shadow reparations so the the privileged can pay for the bread and circuses for the "poor".
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 3:23:16 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote
My large Coke had a $0.23 beverage surcharge added to it at McDonald's this morning. That's how it works.
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 3:42:40 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

The point of the tax is to collect money for crooked politicians. Don't get confused and think this was for anything else.
View Quote
That right there, and when the fatty tax fails to bring in enough money, (make no mistake, it will fail to meet the stated amount) they will come up with another way to pry your wallet open a little wider.
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 3:45:31 PM EDT
[#40]
At least it's not another rich whyte people tax workaround.  Summa that EBT gonna be flowing back to Uncle
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 4:02:48 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
The tax is probably not charged on grape drank purchased with food stamps. 

Edit: yep, food stamp purchases are exempt. 
http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/ct-soda-tax-food-stamps-exemption-0610-biz-20170609-story.html
View Quote
Why not just ban food stamp purchases instead of exempting them.
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 4:03:27 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 4:36:21 PM EDT
[#43]
Tax sugary sodas!

What about those that don't have sugar?

Tax them anyway!
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 4:50:59 PM EDT
[#44]
IF it was for health reasons, EBT/food stamps would have never been allowed to purchase pop or other sugared drinks. Hell, it would have only been allowed to be used on staples and not a dime for fast food, prepackaged food, or any type of snacks or desserts.
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 4:52:05 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote
Of course we know that isn't the goal at all, it's purely a money grab to fuel the crooked political machine.

Soft drink consumption is declining while more people are getting obese.  The most foolish aspect of the tax is that it exempts the group that consumes the most soda and is the most obese.
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 5:03:31 PM EDT
[#46]
That is a smoking hot woman.
Top Top