Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/18/2005 9:26:37 AM EDT
I ahve been running firefox for a while. Not much problem. But it seems to suck up a lot of memory. This makes me wonder if goung back to Ie would be a good idea. What real advantages does fire fox have over iE?
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 9:34:12 AM EDT
[#1]
I would wait for IE7 to be released later this year. I have been using the IE7 beta for awhile and it seems to be stopping more spyware and crap that Firefox and it has tabs BUT it is beta and is slow at this point.

I also got tired of Firefoxs memory hogging and decreasing effectiveness in stopping spyware and made a decision to switch to Opera yesterday after using it for a couple of days… at this point Opera is a better browser than Firefox is.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 9:35:49 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I would wait for IE7 to be released later this year. I have been using the IE7 beta for awhile and it seems to be stopping more spyware and crap that Firefox and it has tabs BUT it is beta and is slow at this point.

+1

IE7 is a lot nicer than firefox.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 9:49:56 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I ahve been running firefox for a while. Not much problem. But it seems to suck up a lot of memory. This makes me wonder if goung back to Ie would be a good idea. What real advantages does fire fox have over iE?

until IE7, the advantages are -

less spyware/malware
tabbed browsing
the fact that it is not IE
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top