Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 6:26:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Well you did say roast you OP, and you seem pretty cool and good natured about it, so I gotta say:

I put stippling handguns and handguards on rifles and such right up there with people who spray bedliner on their entire truck and guys who put Enfields in cheap monte carlo plastic stocks.

I got no problem with it personally, but it makes me laugh my ass off every time when they go to sell that stuff and think their shit is somehow worth more money because of what they did to it, lol, then the crestfallen looks when they find out how much value they actually destroyed.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 7:15:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: treasurediver] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Dragynn:
Well you did say roast you OP, and you seem pretty cool and good natured about it, so I gotta say:

I put stippling handguns and handguards on rifles and such right up there with people who spray bedliner on their entire truck and guys who put Enfields in cheap monte carlo plastic stocks.

I got no problem with it personally, but it makes me laugh my ass off every time when they go to sell that stuff and think their shit is somehow worth more money because of what they did to it, lol, then the crestfallen looks when they find out how much value they actually destroyed.
View Quote

Thanks for the kind words. It really means a lot. I know the difference between a nice firearm with value and a Glock that I’m trying to make a more efficient tool. My dad has quite a few heirloom guns (including a pristine Enfield, lol) that I’d never think of modifying. I know that modding a gun ruins the value, and for this gun that I’d never sell, I’m okay with that.

Never thought about bedlining an entire vehicle…(looks out into my driveway).
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 7:18:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Mag release looks worse than before.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 7:26:18 PM EDT
[#4]
If it feels good and grippy in your hand who gives a fuck what it looks like.
I did the thumb ridge on mine, it looks like shit, but it helps me shoot better.
More power to ya.
I like it.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 7:34:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Kingdead:
Mag release looks worse than before.
View Quote

Agreed, I was thinking about replacing it and the trigger with improved aftermarket parts at some point anyway if I decide to make it more of a gaming gun. I figured I’d texture the mag release a but, but that’s the only part that I’m not extremely happy about. It is functional though.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 7:36:43 PM EDT
[#6]
It’s ugly but far from the failure I was expecting. 6.2/10
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 7:37:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Nobody69s:
If it feels good and grippy in your hand who gives a fuck what it looks like.
I did the thumb ridge on mine, it looks like shit, but it helps me shoot better.
More power to ya.
I like it.
View Quote

Thanks for the kind words. I do wish I had stippled the gun a lot sooner. I like it a lot and at this point it’s actually just fun to be a bit of a
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 7:38:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By The_Like_Button:
It’s ugly but far from the failure I was expecting. 6.2/10
View Quote

That’s better than I did in high school, so that’s a win. Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 7:40:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Does it help? I mean, if you don't drop your weapon, I'd call it a success.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 7:43:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Jack19] [#10]
When I saw your title, before looking, my first thought was, "Yup, it'll be your unsaleable Glock for life." lol

But, I was wrong. You did better than 99% of them I see here and didn't complete bugger the pistol in the process.  

Link Posted: 4/22/2024 7:43:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By JarheadPatriot:
Does it help? I mean, if you don't drop your weapon, I'd call it a success.
View Quote

Police with gun drawn, “Drop the weapon!!!”

Me trying to comply, “I’m trying to!!!”
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 7:44:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Jack19:
When I saw your title, before looking, my first thought was, "Yup, it'll be your unsaleable Glock for life." lol

But, I was wrong. You did better than 99% of them I see here and didn't complete ruin the pistol in the process.  

https://winkgo.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/23-Great-Job-Memes-03-300x232.jpg
View Quote

No offense, but you aren’t that good at roasting.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 7:45:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Looks good. Kinda like a ch, ch, ch, chia pet.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 7:45:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Jack19] [#14]
Originally Posted By treasurediver:

No offense, but you aren’t that good at roasting.
View Quote

@treasurediver

I was just so shocked that it wasn't a total destruction I couldn't. LOL

ETA: But the mag extension looks the a French tickler. If it disappears, odds are your wife's got it.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 7:53:30 PM EDT
[#15]

@treasurediver

I was just so shocked that it wasn't a total destruction I couldn't. LOL
View Quote

Thanks. Stipple posts in GD have been some of my favorites in the past. I’ve secretly wanted to stipple my Glock for years, but the hate it gets on here made me a bit hesitant. I decided that if I was going to do it, I needed to make it as clean and neat as I could and I would force myself to post pics of it in GD. I figured if I had thick enough skin to be ridiculed in GD, then there would be nothing my buddies could say at the range that would sting as bad. The comments have been entertaining and exactly what I expected. GD has definitely delivered and made my day.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 7:55:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Another vote for laser stippling here.  And they don’t have any issues doing the front or back straps if they know what they are doing.

Link Posted: 4/22/2024 7:55:58 PM EDT
[#17]

Thanks. Stipple posts in GD have been some of my favorites in the past. I’ve secretly wanted to stipple my Glock for years, but the hate it gets on here made me a bit hesitant. I decided that if I was going to do it, I needed to make it as clean and neat as I could and I would force myself to post pics of it in GD. I figured if I had thick enough skin to be ridiculed in GD, then there would be nothing my buddies could say at the range that would sting as bad. The comments have been entertaining and exactly what I expected. GD has definitely delivered and made my day.
View Quote

Well I did have to update re the mag extension.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 7:56:21 PM EDT
[#18]
OP if it works for you, that is all that matters.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 7:56:58 PM EDT
[#19]

Agreed, I was thinking about replacing it and the trigger with improved aftermarket parts at some point anyway if I decide to make it more of a gaming gun. I figured I'd texture the mag release a but, but that's the only part that I'm not extremely happy about. It is functional though.
View Quote
The grooves are shallower than before you stippled it. That's all I'm saying. I'd replace it with a metal one or OEM glock release.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 8:00:32 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By BB:
Did OPs gun light itself on fire at the Trump trial?
View Quote

Bigger_Hammer
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 8:02:04 PM EDT
[#21]
Hideous. But it is a glock so it really doesn't matter.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 8:02:12 PM EDT
[#22]

Well I did have to update re the mag extension.
View Quote

That’s more like it, I knew there was a good roast in you somewhere. The Pierce extension is one that has caused a malfunction before so it’s just in the competition/range rotation. It’s not a mag that I would take seriously.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 8:05:47 PM EDT
[#23]
The La Brea slayah.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 8:08:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: treasurediver] [#24]
Originally Posted By -CRW-:
Another vote for laser stippling here.  And they don’t have any issues doing the front or back straps if they know what they are doing.

https://i.imgur.com/eJ8ZTim.jpeg
https://i.imgur.com/Cvgrb2q.jpeg
https://i.imgur.com/Ulagxpx.jpeghttps://i.imgur.com/n4MKkj0.jpeg
View Quote

That looks nice. Compared to what I did it reminds me of the episode of the Simpsons when Homer looks inside a robot and Marge says, “See all that stuff in there, Homer, that why your robot never worked.”
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 8:08:56 PM EDT
[#25]
My first and only stipple job.

Link Posted: 4/22/2024 8:13:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: treasurediver] [#26]
Originally Posted By AmateurLuthier:
My first and only stipple job.

https://imageshack.com/i/pnbZhFVtj
View Quote

There goes Tokyo.

Very creative. Pat Mac stippled flames on his and it looks really cool.

We should make this a stipple pic thread.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 8:14:47 PM EDT
[#27]
It looks utilitarian.  I just cut some grips from bicycle inner tubes and slip them over the grips.  They work great.  I guess you could stipple them if you wanted and you wouldn't mar the frame a bit.  
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 8:18:49 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Jack-of-Hearts:
It looks utilitarian.  I just cut some grips from bicycle inner tubes and slip them over the grips.  They work great.  I guess you could stipple them if you wanted and you wouldn't mar the frame a bit.  
View Quote

I do that on my AR grips. It’s effective.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 8:27:28 PM EDT
[#29]
You found a way to screw up perfection.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 8:33:56 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Grumple:
You found a way to screw up perfection.
View Quote

Yep, that’s true.

What are they in their 5th generation of perfection?  If you include RTF2 that’s actually 6 generations. Maybe I should submit my homework for a 7th generation.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 8:34:13 PM EDT
[#31]
For a small fee Glock will replace your lower receiver.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 8:42:33 PM EDT
[#32]
I just put talon tape on all mine.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 8:47:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AmishElectrician] [#33]
Originally Posted By HDLS:
you could have just put a talon grip (tape cut for specific guns) or some skateboard tape on it without permanently altering the gun.

Looks good though and if it works for you, rock out with your Glock out.
View Quote

or a bunch of rubber bands. I learned that from the home dawgs, all their pieces look like that in the police blotter photos

I actually thought this one was in a fire at first or a dog chewed on it, those are very fine marks, I mean, somewhat better than the gigantic holes on some
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 8:49:12 PM EDT
[#34]
Kewl... Glocktalk must be so proud
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 8:51:44 PM EDT
[#35]
It's functional, that's what counts
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 9:04:21 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By norseman1:
Kewl... Glocktalk must be so proud
View Quote

I don’t know who that is. Member here?
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 9:04:58 PM EDT
[#37]
Looks okay to me OP. Better than I would have pulled off!
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 9:06:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: treasurediver] [#38]
Originally Posted By AmishElectrician:

or a bunch of rubber bands. I learned that from the home dawgs, all their pieces look like that in the police blotter photos

I actually thought this one was in a fire at first or a dog chewed on it, those are very fine marks, I mean, somewhat better than the gigantic holes on some
View Quote

Well, it kinda was in a bit of fire. At least some heat.

So…can I put you down for a like, dislike or indifferent?

And man, there must be some talented cats and dogs out there. All mine do is lay around and pass gas.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 10:01:51 PM EDT
[#39]

And man, there must be some talented cats and dogs out there. All mine do is lay around and pass gas.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

You asked to be roasted and then asked again and I'll be honest. The backstrap area has chunks of plastic sticking out.

If I google "worst glock stippling". I tried to find something comparable, it took quite a few pages of scrolling to find this one, and it isn't even stippled, its covered in mud from being in a lake

Link Posted: 4/22/2024 10:13:07 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Fat_McNasty:
Should have laser stipple it.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/14562/YFDO0843_JPG-2801545.jpg
View Quote

I gotta admit that's a sweet-looking pistol. You ever forced to shoot someone that's gonna get positive comments from the Jury pool as evidence.

Noice.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 10:17:58 PM EDT
[#41]
Ugly but it’s your plastic gun do as you please. I had a company “thatch” a G19 of mine and don’t really care for it either.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 10:21:27 PM EDT
[#42]
Good job looks very functional.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 10:29:57 PM EDT
[#43]

You asked to be roasted and then asked again and I'll be honest. The backstrap area has chunks of plastic sticking out.

If I google "worst glock stippling". I tried to find something comparable, it took quite a few pages of scrolling to find this one, and it isn't even stippled, its covered in mud from being in a lake

https://wpcdn.us-east-1.vip.tn-cloud.net/www.abc6.com/content/uploads/2021/09/n/t/gun-flipped-rotated.jpg
View Quote

I googled ‘worst Glock stippling’ and I got a lot of stuff that looks worse than mine long before I got to the mud stipple. I do like the natural look and flow of the ‘mud stipple.’ Wonder if that could be recreated. Kind of like the ‘extreme carry melts’ they used to do on 1911’s.

Link Posted: 4/22/2024 10:32:02 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By Kihn:

I gotta admit that's a sweet-looking pistol. You ever forced to shoot someone that's gonna get positive comments from the Jury pool as evidence.

Noice.
View Quote

Just imagine the satisfaction of the guy you’d have to shoot. He could go into eternity with the satisfaction of knowing he was shot with a proper laser stipple, not some hack job out of a dental lab.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 10:42:30 PM EDT
[#45]
OP, consider ordering a few double sided disposable nail files from amazon, then give the top stippled areas a light sanding.
This will knock down the raised areas, which can snag fabrics like a t-shirt, but will still be GTG for grip.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 10:48:30 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By BrickWurX:
OP, consider ordering a few double sided disposable nail files from amazon, then give the top stippled areas a light sanding.
This will knock down the raised areas, which can snag fabrics like a t-shirt, but will still be GTG for grip.
View Quote

Sounds like a plan. This isn’t my carry gun at the moment and I wanted to see how it does in competition and the range for the next 6-8 months before the weather changes and I can get away with rotating it back to my CCW. I’ll give it a good shakedown and see if it needs to be softened.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 10:53:29 PM EDT
[#47]

Not sure if that’s a compliment, but I’ll happily take it as one.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Yojimbo:
Well...it could have been worse...

Not sure if that’s a compliment, but I’ll happily take it as one.

I've seen worse.

As long as you're happy with it, that's all that counts.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 11:00:59 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By bossco14:
I just put talon tape on all mine.
View Quote

https://talongungrips.com
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 11:05:49 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By -CRW-:

https://i.imgur.com/eJ8ZTim.jpeg
https://i.imgur.com/Cvgrb2q.jpeg
https://i.imgur.com/Ulagxpx.jpeghttps://i.imgur.com/n4MKkj0.jpeg
View Quote

Yup, use a 300mm lens and it can wrap all the way around. Breakup the noise graphic into 3 parts and they all mesh together, looking like one continuous piece.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 11:09:38 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Kihn:

Noice.
View Quote

That's why I did it. Figure if I ever have to use it. the shootee will die of embarrassment. And its far from tacticool.

I need to do my g19 next.
Page / 4
Top Top