Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 1:49:23 PM EDT
[#1]
If DeSantis leaves the governorship I'm afraid his successor will end up being some pos rino from south Florida who will work hard to turn Florida blue.
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 1:56:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Ted Cruz can go fuck himself.
View Quote

That opinion was assigned to you by a DC media think tank.
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 1:59:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote

I got that opinion starting back on 1/6/21 when he first started calling people terrorists.

Did a DC media think tank implant it all the way back then, too?

You listed a bunch of RINO establishmentarians as potential candidates and then call us brainwashed idiots for not agreeing with your list? Give me a fucking break.
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 2:00:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ted Cruz can go fuck himself.

His words. He can fuck himself.
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 2:02:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote
He's a fucking snake.  Wake up.
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 2:08:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Trump will not win again, period.  He's done.  The establishment will not allow him back in the Whitehouse even if he could get the votes from the independents which he can't. The best thing he can do at this point is to step aside and allow someone the opportunity to try to overcome the mail in ballot fix that will be worked out to perfection by the 2024 election.
View Quote

We're hoping for the biggest disruptor the establishment will allow the people to elect? This person will be able to bring about the change that Trump wasn't?
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 2:18:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Who is more likely to be controlled and deceived by the swamp?

Link Posted: 1/16/2022 2:19:10 PM EDT
[#8]
I would rather see Trump/ Desantis  P/VP.

Followed by Desantis as president for 2 terms.
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 2:23:03 PM EDT
[#9]
The poll results are certainly surprising to me.
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 2:27:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 2:33:39 PM EDT
[#11]
I want to see the pain that Miami_JBT would go through in a Trump versus Desantis primary.
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 2:39:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I'd vote for DeSantis, but would have no problem voting for Trump either.

That said, no "Trumpian" candidates will run if Trump announces. He'll mostly clear the field just by announcing. There will likely be a couple of NeverTrump wannabes running, but they won't matter.

If Trump runs, then the nomination is his.

DeSantis would be the obvious VP pick.
View Quote

And since Trump could only run for one term it is a shoe in for DeSantis.
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 2:40:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 2:41:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I want to see the pain that Miami_JBT would go through in a Trump versus Desantis primary.
View Quote

I know exactly how he'd see that race.

Link Posted: 1/16/2022 2:42:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
DeSantis has a better chance of winning the General election.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/16/2022 3:28:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Trump will seek the nomination, his ego compels it. And unless God, in his infinite mercy, calls Trump to his reward between now and the ‘24 Republican Primary, he will be nominated.

Now, I’m not going to say Trump will lose, or that the Democrat nominee will win, but come January 20, 2025, a Democrat is going to be getting mail addressed to:

Resident
The White House
Wash, DC.

And America cannot survive another Democrat administration like this one, at not least in any even remotely recognizable condition.

TL;DR: if Trump doesn’t die from verifiably natural causes or get kidnapped by aliens in the next 24 to 30 months this country is totally, irreparably fucked.

ETA: To be clear:  In the Primary, I would vote for the more stupid of my two cats, before I’d vote for Trump.  In the General, I’m screwed. I’m constitutionally incapable of voting for a Democrat; I won’t spite vote for a third party candidate; I won’t stay home and pout.  So I’ll vote for Trump and hope I get outside before I puke.
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 3:33:32 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Will people who did not vote for Trump (and voted for Biden) in 2020 vote fir Trump in 2024?
View Quote

doubtful but not impossible.
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 3:38:23 PM EDT
[#18]
Desantis.

I'm 100% done with the Boomer Generation, and you should be too.
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 3:46:44 PM EDT
[#19]
DeSantis is the star in that group.
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 3:49:13 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
If DeSantis were to run against Trump, would that make him and all his supporters “Never_Trumpers”?
View Quote

DeSantis isn't going to run against Trump. Virtually every poll on the question finds everyone else a distant 2nd after Trump if he runs, and they all know it. If Trump announces, then he will be the nominee.

I wouldn't be surprised if DeSantis and Trump aren't personal fans of each other, but do you think Pence was a fan of Trump's? Of course not.

If Trump's the nominee then either DeSantis or Noem would be the natural top picks for VP, I think. Either way, DeSantis can afford to wait until 2028, he's still plenty young enough for that.
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 3:51:13 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Trump will seek the nomination, his ego compels it. And unless God, in his infinite mercy, calls Trump to his reward between now and the ‘24 Republican Primary, he will be nominated.

Now, I’m not going to say Trump will lose, or that the Democrat nominee will win, but come January 20, 2024, a Democrat is going to be getting mail addressed to:

Resident
The White House
Wash, DC.

And America cannot survive another Democrat wadministration like this one, at not least in any even remotely recognizable condition.

TL;DR: if Trump doesn’t die from verifiably natural causes or get kidnapped by aliens in the next 24 to 30 months this country is totally, irreparably fucked.

ETA: To be clear:  In the Primary, I would vote for the more stupid of my two cats, before I’d vote for Trump.  In the General, I’m screwed. I’m constitutionally incapable of voting for a Democrat; I won’t spite vote for a third party candidate; I won’t stay home and pout.  So I’ll vote for Trump and hope I get outside before I puke.
View Quote

If DJT is not trolling right now(I hope and pray he is), I agree with your post 100%.
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 3:54:20 PM EDT
[#22]
No more old men.
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 3:57:17 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

DeSantis isn't going to run against Trump. Virtually every poll on the question finds everyone else a distant 2nd after Trump if he runs, and they all know it. If Trump announces, then he will be the nominee.

I wouldn't be surprised if DeSantis and Trump aren't personal fans of each other, but do you think Pence was a fan of Trump's? Of course not.

If Trump's the nominee then either DeSantis or Noem would be the natural top picks for VP, I think. Either way, DeSantis can afford to wait until 2028, he's still plenty young enough for that.
View Quote

Well, not the poll in this thread. And I’d reckon GD has more Trump support per capita than the GOP writ large.
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 3:57:54 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Rally attendance is irrelevant.  The swing vote/moderate vote is what matters.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Either, they need to team up. Trump's rally was massive yesterday.

Rally attendance is irrelevant.  The swing vote/moderate vote is what matters.

You mean who counts the votes decides who wins... and that will be the Dems in strategic states.
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 3:59:36 PM EDT
[#25]
What I'd like to see is a Trump/DeSantis ticket where Trump serves 4 years then DeSantis runs for two more terms.

Being that Trump was pres for one term does he only get one more or two more terms being they aren't consecutive?
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 4:03:12 PM EDT
[#26]
This poll doesn't mean a thing when the rest of the country will still vote Trump over DeSantis.
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 4:04:42 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Who do you vote for ?

Inspired by the Trump running 2024 thread.. I honestly do0n't think I can hold my nose again and vote for another Demopublican.
View Quote

Desantis can not beat Trump in a primary.
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 4:05:12 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
This poll doesn't mean a thing when the rest of the country will still vote Trump over DeSantis.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 4:07:37 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Who is more likely to be controlled and deceived by the swamp?

View Quote

LULZ. Hard to do any worse than that nyc liberal did.

That being said DeSantis is still up in the air for me.
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 4:09:04 PM EDT
[#30]
Trump had 4 years to drain the swamp and ensure a secure election. He failed. Time to give someone else a chance.
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 4:11:23 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Who do you vote for ?

Inspired by the Trump running 2024 thread.. I honestly do0n't think I can hold my nose again and vote for another Demopublican.
View Quote

Trump. will. not. win. an. election. again.

I am convinced if he runs it is based purely on him wanting a dem to stay in the white house with a side of his massive ego issues.

He just isn't likable enough and on top of that has pissed in the pool of a lot of high ranking (aka money) players in the GOP. He would be Mitt Romney 2.0.
but plenty of GD tards will vote for him while still mental gymnasticing his gun control, shitty cabinet and SCOTUS picks and failure to really get much done in his first 4 years.
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 4:16:49 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I would hear what each has to say.
View Quote

This.  In the Primary, the most conservative candidate gets my vote.  And honestly, I don't know enough about DeSantis to make that decision right now.  Trump far exceeded my expectations, and the thought of liberal heads exploding makes me smile, but his negatives are impossible to ignore.
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 4:28:12 PM EDT
[#33]
Trump should be the RNC “King maker” and not an active candidate.

A younger more electable candidate like DeSantis would be a better choice for POTUS, especially with a strong VP.
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 4:31:44 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 4:34:26 PM EDT
[#35]
For those who think that Trump couldn't win in 2024, or that there isn't a sizeable contingent of Biden voters who may switch in 2024, I'd refer you to the RealClearPolitics 2024 General Election page and have a look at the Trump vs Biden polls. Two things stand out: 1) Trump has a significant lead, and 2) that lead is being sustained over time.

Biden only "won" the first time because 1) people wrongly associated him with "normality" and believed him to be an ideological moderate, and 2) the unique conditions of COVID allowed for widespread use of mass mail-in voting in swing states. If #1 is being shattered, then even #2 won;t save Biden's bacon - even if he's running against Trump.

Yes, it's early, and a lot can change between now and then, but it's quite obvious that there is a LOT of buyer's remorse going on, and if the Democrats don't fix it then it isn't going to matter all that much who they run.
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 4:34:39 PM EDT
[#36]
Will vote for either/or. Sitting out because your preferred R candidate didn't win is a vote for the left.
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 4:34:39 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I'd vote for DeSantis, but would have no problem voting for Trump either.

That said, no "Trumpian" candidates will run if Trump announces. He'll mostly clear the field just by announcing. There will likely be a couple of NeverTrump wannabes running, but they won't matter.

If Trump runs, then the nomination is his.

DeSantis would be the obvious VP pick.
View Quote

Yep just Romney and Evan McMuffin.  Just to embarrass my state and my religion one more time.
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 4:35:02 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Trump was ineffective at fighting the swamp.  Just look at how he completely fucked 2020 by not fighting lockdowns, printing 20% of the dollars in existence to that point, and letting BLM burn cities.  Then he doesn't pardon the Jan 6 people on the way out.  No thanks, not again.
View Quote

He pardoned some shitty rappers instead.
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 4:38:27 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Trump was too easily deceived by the Swamp.

He never fired the appointees.

View Quote

That won't happen twice
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 4:41:12 PM EDT
[#40]
8 trillion more in debt thanks to Trump in just four years. No thanks.

He wasn't a conservative.  He was a mouth that accomplished nothing.
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 4:45:02 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I got that opinion starting back on 1/6/21 when he first started calling people terrorists.

You listed a bunch of RINO establishmentarians as potential candidates and then call us brainwashed idiots for not agreeing with your list? Give me a fucking break.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

I voted for Cruz in the 2016 primary.   Won't again.
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 4:46:35 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Trump will seek the nomination, his ego compels it. And unless God, in his infinite mercy, calls Trump to his reward between now and the '24 Republican Primary, he will be nominated.

Now, I'm not going to say Trump will lose, or that the Democrat nominee will win, but come January 20, 2025, a Democrat is going to be getting mail addressed to:

Resident
The White House
Wash, DC.

And America cannot survive another Democrat administration like this one, at not least in any even remotely recognizable condition.

TL;DR: if Trump doesn't die from verifiably natural causes or get kidnapped by aliens in the next 24 to 30 months this country is totally, irreparably fucked.

ETA: To be clear:  In the Primary, I would vote for the more stupid of my two cats, before I'd vote for Trump.  In the General, I'm screwed. I'm constitutionally incapable of voting for a Democrat; I won't spite vote for a third party candidate; I won't stay home and pout.  So I'll vote for Trump and hope I get outside before I puke.
View Quote
Spot on.

If Trump wins in 2024, it's a loss for the country as he'll just spin the flock in circles again maxing out our deficits, caving at every debt ceiling, and talking big talk without achieving anything of value to advance conservatism just like his last 4 year attempt. Maybe he'll get a ban of pistol braces or something to get Feinstein excited again.

He will add more jet fuel to the inflationary fire and will be calling for 0% rates and more QE into this mess thinking he can artificially juice up the economy like he did while in office last time, not realizing that's just fueling the inflationary spiral.

Then all the failures will be blamed on free market capitalism and we get a full on Marxist revolution 2028. Winning!

But at least we get to see him bloviate I mean "own" the libs again and pass all their big spending bills.
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 4:48:26 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 4:49:24 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
For those who think that Trump couldn't win in 2024, or that there isn't a sizeable contingent of Biden voters who may switch in 2024, I'd refer you to the RealClearPolitics 2024 General Election page and have a look at the Trump vs Biden polls. Two things stand out: 1) Trump has a significant lead, and 2) that lead is being sustained over time.

Biden only "won" the first time because 1) people wrongly associated him with "normality" and believed him to be an ideological moderate, and 2) the unique conditions of COVID allowed for widespread use of mass mail-in voting in swing states. If #1 is being shattered, then even #2 won;t save Biden's bacon - even if he's running against Trump.

Yes, it's early, and a lot can change between now and then, but it's quite obvious that there is a LOT of buyer's remorse going on, and if the Democrats don't fix it then it isn't going to matter all that much who they run.
View Quote

I think you underestimate the level of fraud that dems are actively working to enact at this very moment.

They got caught flat footed in 16 and 20.  22 and 24 they will be better prepared.
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 4:51:34 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Trump. will. not. win. an. election. again.

I am convinced if he runs it is based purely on him wanting a dem to stay in the white house with a side of his massive ego issues.

He just isn't likable enough and on top of that has pissed in the pool of a lot of high ranking (aka money) players in the GOP. He would be Mitt Romney 2.0.
but plenty of GD tards will vote for him while still mental gymnasticing his gun control, shitty cabinet and SCOTUS picks and failure to really get much done in his first 4 years.
View Quote

This is so true. At this point I’m seriously wondering if he could really win the primary. Just about all of my friends and family are conservative voters, and all voted for Trump in the 2016 SC primary, 2016 general and 2020 general. All of them don’t want Trump to run again.

I do have a good many acquaintances involved in local and state politics, and while some of them are still solidly supporting Trump, a good many will tell you in private they think he’s an idiot.
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 4:51:49 PM EDT
[#46]
I like Trump, a lot, but he had his shot. It's time for someone else to run. That's been the tradition in this country.
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 4:53:20 PM EDT
[#47]
It needs to be a Trump/DeSantis ticket. Trump can drop out after 2years and one day if he needs to for some reason, then we can have ten years of DeSantis. If Trump does stay in, that works too.
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 4:55:08 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

There is a zero percent chance ANYBODY that voted for Biden last election will vote for Trump in another election, zero.
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 4:55:14 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
If DeSantis were to run against Trump, would that make him and all his supporters "Never_Trumpers"?
View Quote
Certainly, but Trump supporters would still vote for him in droves.
Trump is clearly going to run, I hope he doesn't go all General Sherman on the actual nominee.  
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 4:55:37 PM EDT
[#50]
Trump is more Liberal than I would like. Heck, All politicians are more Liberal than I would like. But the problem could easily be solved if they would go back to following the Constitution.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top