BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/15/2022 7:55:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: imperfectlyperfect3]
Link Posted: 12/15/2022 10:53:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/15/2022 11:35:56 PM EDT
[#2]
How could you spay such a awesome looking dog?
Link Posted: 12/16/2022 7:47:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 9:54:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kitties-with-Sigs] [#4]
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 10:20:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/23/2022 7:53:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/24/2022 1:10:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/24/2022 6:26:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Duke117] [#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

@Kitties-with-Sigs
@imperfectlyperfect3

Merry Christmas.

A suggestion, WHEN the time comes to start seriously looking for a forever home for Jack…

Consider reaching out to all service dog organizations within a few hundred miles and ask to speak with their director.

Tell them you have a phenomenal young dog who is heading towards a disability of his own but would make a wonderful candidate for training.

Trained but disabled service dogs are EXTREMELY valuable for working with children and as hospital therapy dogs. They have the resources and network of fosters/trainers to possibly bring him under their care. I’ve seen it firsthand in hospitals where I live and it’s a very elegant solution to placement.

I will assist with relocation expenses.

Duke

The story behind Smiley the blind therapy dog - Part 1

Link Posted: 12/26/2022 10:31:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 6:28:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 12/28/2022 1:27:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Duke117] [#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Kitties-with-Sigs:
Agreed. That would be the perfect solution for him.

View Quote

@imperfectlyperfect3
@Kitties-with-Sigs

It is, but not an outcome I would hang my hat on.
With the transport network available, if you try that route consider a nationwide appeal. Any organizations that are responsive, ask for futher referrals to others in their community to increase visibility. Facebook, twitter, etc to reach a wider audience.

This placement will be unique and possibly challenging. Very doable however.

Maybe after the first of the year start a big and highly visible thread in GD.
A catchy title along with the backstory to grab eyeballs. An emotional appeal, as I am sure that SOMEBODY knows of a potential adopter, either themselves or someone in their orbit, that Jack would fit well with.

As stated before, I will offer to assist with transport costs or make a lump sum donation in Jack's name. I'll invite others to match my offer with the goal of making the adoption as low cost as possible for the new family.
Any leftover donations would go to the general SFDR fund.

Because of Jack's unique situation, if the story is told well, you may draw out those who may have sat on the sidelines for previous adoptions.
The usual suspects will show up, but a sitewide audience may be required to find the right fit.

Now might be a good time to reach out to your entire network via a mass emailing and request that they forward the appeal to everyone in their contact list.
Talk to every vet you know and ask for referrals.
Reach out to every sister rescue group you can find.

No stone left unturned.

The right situation is out there but some extra legwork may be required.

Duke
Link Posted: 12/28/2022 2:16:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/28/2023 7:10:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/29/2023 2:14:58 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Duke117] [#14]
@Imperfectlyperfect3
@Kitties-with-Sigs

Beautiful dog.

When you’re ready, I suspect a formal adoption thread in GD will draw considerably more traffic.

As always, I will offer to help where I can to resettle Jack with his new family. Others will as well.

Duke
Top Top