Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/4/2012 4:48:32 PM EDT
If he wins the nomination.

There are only 2 people he can pick where he could absolutely unequivocally beat Obama in a national election.

Anyone else he losses .

Rand Paul or Ron Paul

Those two choices will get him over the hurdle of the 7% he will need to win a national election.

I guarantee you if he did this . Obama would lose.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 4:49:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Rand for sure. Ron he would lose plus the establishment will frown at it.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 4:50:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Taking Rand Paul for VP pick would draw alot of the youth vote away from Obama.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 4:51:16 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Damn right it would.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 4:51:18 PM EDT
[#4]
with his right hand most likely

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 4:51:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Rand is a solid choice. I'm not so sure that Ron would get on board as VP though. It would go against everything he stands for.

I just hope he doesn't pick Christie.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 4:52:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Seems like a smart move..

but you guys are desperate with Mittens already ?
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 4:52:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Marco
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 4:56:02 PM EDT
[#8]
how about Nicki Haley from SC
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 4:58:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Damn right it would.

Good point.  Ron Paul is  particularly   well regarded with the youngsters as well, they seem to see through the monolithic  two party illusion.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 4:59:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Santorum will be the nominee.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 5:00:27 PM EDT
[#11]
I thought he would chase the Hispanic vote with Rubio........but the Paul scenario is intriguing......
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 5:00:40 PM EDT
[#12]
No VP choice can wash the stench of fail from Romney.

He reminds of so much of McCain in '08.

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 5:01:13 PM EDT
[#13]
It'll never happen. If it does, I'll eat my dirty underwear and post a video of it on YouTube.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 5:06:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
It'll never happen. If it does, I'll eat my dirty underwear and post a video of it on YouTube.

I don't think he will either, but it's this kind of dark smut that I scour the Internet for so I'll quote it just in case.

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 5:10:36 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

The centrist nominee with a Christian veep is a good ticket.

You have to assume you have the base and try to nail the middle.  "Conservatives," which I'm really starting to view as a dirty word, are not attracting the middle unless they make the economy their focus.  Unfortunately, they have to earn their Conservative stripes by seeing who can save the most babies or tighten the noose around enough queers.

The middle wins elections and Romney is appealing to the middle.  He needs a veep that will whip the American Taliban into the voting booths and we're fine.  Palin did exactly that and if there was anyone but McCain/Palin, we would have seen a HUGE spread when the votes rolled in.  We got whipped, but we didn't get slaughtered.

I think a massive PR stunt before election day would be for Romney to give an interview and slip in a quick jab about legalizing pot.  Half the youngsters in the country would know about it with the polls only days away.

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 5:12:20 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't think he will either, but it's this kind of dark smut that I scour the Internet for so I'll quote it just in case.

I'm with my friend raysheen here.

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 5:19:09 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Quoted:

You have to assume you have the base and try to nail the middle.  "Conservatives," which I'm really starting to view as a dirty word, are not attracting the middle unless they make the economy their focus.  Unfortunately, they have to earn their Conservative stripes by seeing who can save the most babies or tighten the noose around enough queers.

The middle wins elections and Romney is appealing to the middle.  He needs a veep that will whip the American Taliban into the voting booths and we're fine.  Palin did exactly that and if there was anyone but McCain/Palin, we would have seen a HUGE spread when the votes rolled in.  We got whipped, but we didn't get slaughtered.

I think a massive PR stunt before election day would be for Romney to give an interview and slip in a quick jab about legalizing pot.  Half the youngsters in the country would know about it with the polls only days away.

Absofuckinglutely!    And NEITHER has a damn thing to do with running this country on the federal level.  The Democrats have sucked Republicans into this debate, and it is a fucking albatross around the neck of the GOP.  The GOP has gotten lost in the weeds, that's why all the candidates are limpdicks.  

For the record, I am personally opposed to abortion...especially federally funded abortion, and I cannot understand how a person could be gay.    But again, neither are issues to be taken up by the POTUS.

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 5:21:33 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 5:25:10 PM EDT
[#19]
White Obama would never consider Aqua BuddHa as a VP.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 5:33:00 PM EDT
[#20]
I think Rubio is going to be first on everyone's list...
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 5:35:43 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Absofuckinglutely!    And NEITHER has a damn thing to do with running this country on the federal level.  The Democrats have sucked Republicans into this debate, and it is a fucking albatross around the neck of the GOP.  The GOP has gotten lost in the weeds, that's why all the candidates are limpdicks.  

For the record, I am personally opposed to abortion...especially federally funded abortion, and I cannot understand how a person could be gay.    But again, neither are issues to be taken up by the POTUS.

Didn't Nixon make the statement that to win the White House you start out running to the right and then rush to the center?  

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 6:31:08 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Didn't Nixon make the statement that to win the White House you start out running to the right and then rush to the center?  

Yeah, but none of these guys are as good as Nixon.  Few are.  The problem with our bunch is that many have a history of swerving all over the road...left, right, center, left, center, left.  

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 6:33:42 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Me, too. But I think of Willard Romney as more of a bastard offspring of John McCain and John Kerry.

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 6:35:15 PM EDT
[#24]
He'll beat Obama by debating well and getting voters to the polls.  People want change, ironically enough, and will vote for a normal person who competently represents that.

Is this your first election?
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 6:35:34 PM EDT
[#25]
Romney could probably pick anyone as VP and beat Obama.  In case you haven't noticed, the economy sucks.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 6:40:00 PM EDT
[#26]
Whatever happened to Jindal?

He certainly dropped off the radar.

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 6:41:23 PM EDT
[#27]
No ones beating obama in 12
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 6:43:48 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Romney could probably pick anyone as VP and beat Obama.  In case you haven't noticed, the economy sucks.

i just have a feeling he is going to do some type of scumbag move (voter fraud, or something) and get re elected. Then the problem will just quietly die and go away like nothing happened remember he got control of the media.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 6:45:45 PM EDT
[#29]
A bigger concern is who Zero will pick as a VP......Just sayin.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top