Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/29/2004 4:08:12 AM EDT
Scriptures tell us the  will of God in the affairs of men.

If we shape our prayers to be according to the Scriptures, its  more likely we'll pray according to the will fo God.

Converesely, using Scriptures to shape our prayer, we pray in a generalized enuf fashion so as not to tell God what to do.

Hope these help.

Genesis 18: 23   Abraham came near and said, "Will You indeed sweep away the righteous with the wicked?
24   "Suppose there are fifty righteous within the city; will You indeed sweep it away and not spare the place for the sake of the fifty righteous who are in it?
25  "Far be it from You to do such a thing, to slay the righteous with the wicked, so that the righteous and the wicked are treated alike. Far be it from You! Shall not the Judge of all the earth deal justly?"
26   So the LORD said, " If I find in Sodom fifty righteous within the city, then I will spare the whole place on their account."

Psalm 109:21       But You, O GOD, the Lord, deal kindly with me for Your name's sake;           Because Your lovingkindness is good, deliver me;    
26   Help me, O LORD my God;     Save me according to Your lovingkindness.

Psalm 33 : 13    The LORD looks from heaven;    He sees all the sons of men;  From His dwelling place He looks out   On all the inhabitants of the earth,   He who fashions the hearts of them all,   He who understands all their works.   The king is not saved by a mighty army;    A warrior is not delivered by great strength.
20   Our soul waits for the LORD; He is our help and our shield.
For our heart rejoices in Him,           Because we trust in His holy name.        Let Your lovingkindness, O LORD, be upon us,           According as we have hoped in You.

2 Samuel 15 : 30   And David went up the ascent of the Mount of Olives, and wept as he went, and his head was covered and he walked barefoot. Then all the people who were with him each covered his head and went up weeping as they went.
31   Now someone told David, saying, " Ahithophel is among the conspirators with Absalom." And David said, "O LORD, I pray, make the counsel of Ahithophel foolishness."  

Psalm 2: 1         Why are the nations in an uproar            And the peoples devising a vain thing?  2         The kings of the earth take their stand            And the rulers take counsel together            Against the LORD and against His Anointed (Jesus Christ) , saying,  
3         "Let us tear their fetters apart            And cast away their cords from us!"  4         He who sits in the heavens laughs,           The Lord scoffs at them.

Psalm 9:  19          Arise, O LORD, do not let man prevail;           Let the nations bejudged before You.  20         Put them in fear, O LORD;          Let the nations know that they are but men.

Psalm 140: 8        "Do not grant, O LORD, the desires of the wicked;    Do not promote his evil device, that they not be exalted. Selah.
11        "May a slanderer not be established in the earth;           May evil hunt the violent man speedily."  12        I know that the LORD will maintain the cause of the afflicted           And justice for the poor.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 5:12:18 AM EDT
[#1]
+ 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

God definately sees a difference between the candidates this year. I believe that if we pray He will give us the right leader.

Link Posted: 10/29/2004 5:16:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Y'all are in a catch 22.  Either way, god will have done it, right?
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 5:16:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Dear Lord, we beseach Thee!

Amen!
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 5:18:31 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Free will.

If the American people tunr their will away from His, and elect the wrong candidate, He will not stop it.

We'll know next week.

Remember, 45 states.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 5:18:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 5:19:09 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Our prayer is for God to be honored, His will to be done, for evil to be defeated, for right and righteousness to prevail, to protect His followers, and to do it all for His own glory.

Scriptures basically promise that EXACTLY what He'll do.

HOW God does that is His business. We accept His sovereign will.

We exercise the gift he has given us - voting and activism, but leave the results to Him.

Link Posted: 10/29/2004 5:20:04 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

No.

God gave US the power to choose between right and wrong, good and evil. God never intended for Israel to have a king, but when the Israeli people wanted one, He gave them one and the kings eventually led them into captivity.

God gives us what we DESIRE. If we desire good things, we will have them. But if we desire evil things we will get them despite the destruction they will bring us.

The same is true of leaders. If America desires a leader that will lead them into strength and promote righteousness, we will have one. But if we want some idiot who will lead us into captivity, then we will get it.

God never forces His will on us.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 6:07:43 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Our prayer is for God to be honored, His will to be done, for evil to be defeated, for right and righteousness to prevail, to protect His followers, and to do it all for His own glory.

AMEN, AMEN, AMEN!
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 6:20:01 AM EDT
[#9]
I hope you all stop praying long enough to go vote!

Remember, God helps them that help themselves.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 6:24:34 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

No, that's silly.  To attribute everything to a god is the same as simply renaming "fate" to "god".  
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 6:24:46 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

According to who?
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 6:25:29 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

According to who?

Not the God of the Bible, certainly...
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 8:31:01 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

According to who?

Not the God of the Bible, certainly...

Well, in that case it's all pretty pointless, isn't it?

You can't help yourself.

God won't orchestrate it.

May as well sit around, sing hosannas, and lament your shackles.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 8:50:22 AM EDT
[#14]
1st John 5:19
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 9:03:54 AM EDT
[#15]
"Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!"
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 3:52:11 AM EDT
[#16]
bump
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 3:59:28 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

AMEN, AMEN, AMEN!

Amen.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 4:03:08 AM EDT
[#18]
God, I give you all of me, the good and the bad, to do with me and build with me as thou will.
Take away my difficulties so they may bear witness to those of thy love, thy power, and thy way of life.

May I do thy will always, Amen.

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 4:05:58 AM EDT
[#19]
Thank you, garandman!
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 8:09:36 AM EDT
[#20]
Um, not sure if you're reading the wrong book, but God doesnt Bless America, and has no favorite in this election.

Christ told us of the Kingdom of heaven, which is what should be strived for, not this nightmare we have now.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 8:16:01 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Um, not sure if you're reading the wrong book, but God doesnt Bless America, and has no favorite in this election.

Christ told us of the Kingdom of heaven, which is what should be strived for, not this nightmare we have now.

why do the trolls always refuse to accept Instant Messages?

You *are* a troll, aren't you?

Either way...we welcome the chance to discuss and debate you.

Welcome to the boards.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 9:22:41 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Tell me, how is what I've posted OTHER THAN an advancement of the kingdom of God??

Did I pick a candidate??
Did I even ask for the political salvation of  America???

NO, I DID NOT.

But those verses SURE do seem to speak ill of Democrats, don't they???  

Link Posted: 11/1/2004 9:31:37 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

" 34 Righteousness exalts a nation,
but sin is a disgrace to any people."

Proverbs 14

" 14 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

2nd Chronicles 7

" 1 Therefore I exhort first of all that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks be made for all men, 2for kings and all who are in authority, that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and reverence. 3For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior, 4who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth. 5For there is one God and one Mediator between God and men, the Man Christ Jesus,"

1st Timothy 2

The Bible seems to disagree with you strongly on your statement....
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 9:59:39 AM EDT
[#24]
Your interpretation of the Bible disagrees with me.

The Bible clearly shows that God does not agree with man choosing a King, or president if you wish.

If you dont think so, well then you need to read it a bit more.

www.hisholychurch.net
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 10:01:28 AM EDT
[#25]
But I believe we were instructed to give unto Ceasar what is Ceasar's......

How could a nation exist with no leaders?

Link Posted: 11/1/2004 10:02:15 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 10:03:28 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

What interpretation? All I did was post verses.

le clearly shows that God does not agree with man choosing a King, or president if you wish.

So what? God's gonna write His choice in the clouds in the sky???

What EXACTLY do you suggest is God's desire in this election? That we all stay home from the polls and chant and hum???
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 10:03:33 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

The Bible clearly shows that God does not agree with man choosing a King, or president if you wish.

www.hisholychurch.net

Believe it or not, we actually allow that here.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 10:04:00 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

www.hisholychurch.net

I quoted passages of scripture just as they are found in the Bible without commentary.

I think I have read it plenty, and I am not referring to some looney website. I appeal directly to the Word.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 10:05:39 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Just a quick question..............

You say they Kerry is wicked and you want the lord to slay him, but (I too hate Kerry) isn't it a SIN to judge Kerry?

Who said any such thing???

*** I **** said NOTHING of the sort about EITHER  candidate

Link Posted: 11/1/2004 10:09:01 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

You say they Kerry is wicked and you want the lord to slay him, but (I too hate Kerry) isn't it a SIN to judge Kerry?

I don't want Kerry slain. I want him to stay out of the White House.

Judging Kerry is God's domain, not ours.

But you confuse the warnings given in scripture with pronouncing eternal judgement on a man's soul. They are TWO SEPERATE things. It is not "judgement" to assert that "idolators, homosexual offenders, covetors, adulterers, liars" etc "shall not inheret the Kingdom of Heaven."

It is merely telling you what the Good Book says. Take it or leave it, that is your perogative. But don't expect me to stop speaking what the Book says because you don't want to listen to it.

Here is God's take on the matter:

"7"Son of man, I have made you a watchman for the house of Israel; therefore hear a word from My mouth, and give them warning from Me: 18When I say to the wicked, "You shall surely die,' and you give him no warning, nor speak to warn the wicked from his wicked way, to save his life, that same wicked man shall die in his iniquity; but his blood I will require at your hand. 19Yet, if you warn the wicked, and he does not turn from his wickedness, nor from his wicked way, he shall die in his iniquity; but you have delivered your soul.
20"Again, when a righteous man turns from his righteousness and commits iniquity, and I lay a stumbling block before him, he shall die; because you did not give him warning, he shall die in his sin, and his righteousness which he has done shall not be remembered; but his blood I will require at your hand. 21Nevertheless if you warn the righteous man that the righteous should not sin, and he does not sin, he shall surely live because he took warning; also you will have delivered your soul."

Ezekiel 3
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 10:19:15 AM EDT
[#32]
Good point, Garandman, my friend.  When we pray scripture, we cannot go wrong.

Let's address a couple of issues:

Driftpunch said:

Y'all are in a catch 22. Either way, god will have done it, right?

Nope.  God's will isn't always done on earth.  He often allows mankind to do wrong.

The Bible says, "God is not willing that any should perish...", but men perish without Him every day.  His will isn't always done.

John_Wayne777 said:

God gives us what we DESIRE. If we desire good things, we will have them. But if we desire evil things we will get them despite the destruction they will bring us.

I was reminded of a scripture:

Psalms 106:15 God gave them the desires of their heart, but sent leanness to their souls.

dejarhead said:

We should indeed take time to vote.  But that quote isn't from the Bible.  Infact, the bible teaches the opposite.  God helps those that trust in Him.

But that doesn't mean that we should just sit on the porch and hope for the best.  We should do as He instructs and faithfully depend on Him.

DerekR said:

Um, I'm reading the RB (KJV, AKA the Real Bible).  And it clearly teaches us that God will bless us as a nation if His people "will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways".

That's what we are doing.

I pray that God will hear our prayers and heal our land.

Link Posted: 11/1/2004 10:21:24 AM EDT
[#33]
God help us if Kerry is elected.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 10:27:02 AM EDT
[#34]
When the Israelites were in Egypt, Pharaoh was on the earthly throne, but God was enthroned in heaven.

We have our desires for who we would like to see in office, however, ultimately we pray, "Thy will be done..."

If we end up with a pharaoh on the earthly throne it will be a temporary inconvenience when viewed from our eternal perspective.

Don't get so wrapped around the axle with worldly concerns that you lose sight of the big picture.  God is bigger than this election, and bigger than our beloved US of A.

He is firmly seated on his throne and a misguided, uninformed electorate cannot push Him off it.

Whatever the outcome of the election, my comfort is in knowing I am His.

And first thing in the morning Bush is getting my vote!
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 10:32:00 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Hi M4.  I suppose you are asking an honest question, so I'll answer.

We don't "hate" Kerry.  I hate the evil platform he is running on.  But I truly wish him no ill-will.  I just don't want him elected.

As far as Kerry the man, my actual prayer is that he might come to accept Jesus as his Savior, repent of the evil sins he endorses, and become a true Christian.

He would then be on the right side of issues like abortion, homosexual rights, etc.

Kerry, just like everyone else in the world, doesn't need to "clean up his act" so that God will save him.  Instead, he needs to accept Jesus as his Savior, and then God will clean him up from the inside.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 10:49:16 AM EDT
[#36]
Well said, O_P.

On all counts.

Link Posted: 11/1/2004 11:44:57 AM EDT
[#37]
I greatly fear the high level of ignorance among the electorate.  I am disgusted by the Left and especially by the media shills for the Dems.  I am appalled at the influence of the Euros and by the liberal billionaires to influence the election.  I greatly fear a liberal oligarchy if Kerry should win.  That said...this give me a certain inner strength:

Psalm.46
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.

Therefore will not we fear, though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea;

Though the waters thereof roar and be troubled, though the mountains shake with the swelling thereof. Selah.

There is a river, the streams whereof shall make glad the city of God, the holy place of the tabernacles of the most High.

God is in the midst of her; she shall not be moved: God shall help her, and that right early.

The heathen raged, the kingdoms were moved: he uttered his voice, the earth melted.

The LORD of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge. Selah.

Come, behold the works of the LORD, what desolations he hath made in the earth.

He maketh wars to cease unto the end of the earth; he breaketh the bow, and cutteth the spear in sunder; he burneth the chariot in the fire.

Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.

The LORD of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge. Selah.

Then again...IF Kerry wins...

Isaiah .28
[15] Because ye have said, We have made a covenant with death, and with hell are we at agreement;

Finally, I think this may be appropriate if Kerry wins and give up on the war, as he surely will.
(From the Bhagavad-Gita):

If the radiance of a thousand suns
Were to burst at once into the sky
That would be like the splendor of the Mighty one...

I am become Death,
The shatterer of Worlds.

Link Posted: 11/1/2004 12:45:19 PM EDT
[#38]
the instruction to give unto Caesar what is Caesars, was referring to the coin that the apostle had with Caesars head on it.

If you are a christian, a true christian, than a nation already exist.  Its the nation of Israel (not the state of Israsel today), and the leader is Christ.

Next.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 12:56:34 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
If you are a christian, a true christian, than a nation already exist.  Its the nation of Israel (not the state of Israsel today), and the leader is Christ.

Next.

Actually, I agree with that.

Biblically defined, "Israel" is defined as all men and women, of all time, of all nations, that have the faith of Abraham - to wit, faith in Christ Jesus, either looking forward to Him as Redeemer of all men , or back to Him as Savior and Lord thru His resurrection from the dead.

I've  received MUCH grief from my friends here for that view point.

That said, God has given us here in America the duty and responsibility to vote. He has ALSO commanded we pray to Him FOR OUR LEADERS, "that we might live peacably" (don't have the Scriptural refernce - you seem capable of researching that yourself.

Praying for this election is IMMINENTLY Scriptural.

Sitting like a wall flower is what is Scripturally dubious.

Link Posted: 11/1/2004 1:01:39 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
the instruction to give unto Caesar what is Caesars, was referring to the coin that the apostle had with Caesars head on it.

Next.

Next you're going to tell me that when Jesus spoke of tribute money, the principle He laid down applied only to tribute money.

If you think God's power was that weak, you're in the wrong thread, bud.

edit:

My friend, if you are a Christian, I assure you there's no need for such callous replies, spaced out so sparsely. we welcome debate and discussion here, and the Word of God is one of my favorite and dearest topics.

C'mon...you can post more than that.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top