Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/8/2005 7:47:18 PM EDT
I've currently got an ad in the equipment exchange and cannot insert images.  I've loaded the photos in another web-site (www.ford-trucks.com) and tried to insert their URL codes w/o any success.

Another problem is that I have the Kodak Easy-share which seems to be more of a pain in the a$$ when it comes to finding the codes.  

Any help would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 7:53:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Look up imageshack.com, it's free
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 9:18:40 AM EDT
[#3]
DPD06

If you haven't broken the code yet............

two methods.

1. "borrow" an image from another site.

with this method (the easiest, but is considered bandwidth 'theft' - but generally acceptable since you are promoting the image/site)
Go the picture you want to post
place cursor on picture, and Right click
Select Properties
in the dialog box- use your cursor to highlight the entire URL address
Right click, and select- Copy

go to your forum post
(either select edit- or reply and select the icon for Picture - it is a yellow box w/mountain image at bottom of it)
in the dialog box that pops up, place your cursor in that box and right click and select Paste
then OK
then submit

Sounds like a lot of work, but it aint.

EDIT to add: But it aint goin' to work with all pix on your Ford truck site,- apparently they frown on it.
so you may need to move on to Option 2

Option 2

Photobucket.com
Tinypix.com
Hunt101.com
etc

In those accounts, browse to photos you have saved on your hard drive
follow the instructions above beginning with the part you copy the URL only this time copy the URL from your photo host site

HTH
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 4:44:39 PM EDT
[#4]
thanks for the info, I slowly learned that it was easier to "borrow" the pictures from the web.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top