Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 9/3/2015 7:53:42 PM EDT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvFbgP2XjU0

This made me laugh.  Specifically the stock part.  Comments are good to.  

-Emt1581
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 8:04:04 PM EDT
Super annoying voice!

I couldn't even make it to the two minute mark before shutting it down.

Link Posted: 9/3/2015 8:15:21 PM EDT
Wow, what a fucked up pile of electrical taped shit that he turned that nice Mossy into
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 9:02:30 PM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By TheDevilYouLove:
Wow, what a fucked up pile of electrical taped shit that he turned that nice Mossy into
View Quote

Yeah, you know you fucked up when the solution to a gun mod becomes electrical tape!

-Emt1581
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 9:06:15 PM EDT
The damn light is worth twice what the gun is.  

Link Posted: 9/3/2015 9:12:28 PM EDT
This was a much better use of a Mossberg 500:

It ejects business cards when you cycle the action.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 9:15:56 PM EDT

Link Posted: 9/3/2015 9:19:19 PM EDT
I could see getting my nuts jammed in the back tire when I slid off the seat....
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 9:21:27 PM EDT
You'd have to pedal like a motherfucker to get up on that wheelie bar.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 9:25:34 PM EDT
Rough.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 9:31:34 PM EDT
I think he did a decent job. Put a flashlight on the forend, added a sling mount, and shortened the stock. The trimmed down rubber on the recoil pad was a little rough looking, but that is just a minor cosmetic detail. His shotgun is now quite a bit more handy for home defense.

If you picked up a used pump shotgun for $200 (not that hard to do), you could do the same mods for another $25 and have a decent utility gun. I don't see why you would ding the guy.

Someone not looking to spend a lot could buy a hunting shotgun, cut down the barrel themselves, cold blue the end, and do mods like this guy and have a serviceable piece.

FYI: when you trim down a rubber recoil pad, a belt sander does a neat job if you are careful, and even hand sanding with a block will do a tolerable job.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 9:34:36 PM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Brian252:
I think he did a decent job. Put a flashlight on the forend, added a sling mount, and shortened the stock. The trimmed down rubber on the recoil pad was a little rough looking, but that is just a minor cosmetic detail. His shotgun is now quite a bit more handy for home defense.

If you picked up a used pump shotgun for $200 (not that hard to do), you could do the same mods for another $25 and have a decent utility gun. I don't see why you would ding the guy.

Someone not looking to spend a lot could buy a hunting shotgun, cut down the barrel themselves, cold blue the end, and do mods like this guy and have a serviceable piece.

FYI: when you trim down a rubber recoil pad, a belt sander does a neat job if you are careful, and even hand sanding with a block will do a tolerable job.
View Quote

Oh ok, so you're one of the InlandEmpireDudes.  

-Emt1581
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 9:44:26 PM EDT
I've always hated how long most shotgun stocks are, so I can understand shortening the stock.  I've done it on a couple of 870's, but those are wood stocked and I did a little nicer job.
Youth stocks are generally perfect for home defense, but they're also $50 you could spend on beer money.
Top Top