Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/3/2005 5:49:40 PM EDT
I just got promoted. That 50 cal is calling me. How do you unlock the damned thing? The "instruction" booklet included with the game tells ya nothing!
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 5:58:09 PM EDT
[#1]
What Game?
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 6:07:47 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I just got promoted. That 50 cal is calling me. How do you unlock the damned thing? The "instruction" booklet included with the game tells ya nothing!

It usually takes a day or so for your promotion to go through.

The EA servers have been bogged down lately, and it's been more like 2 or 3 days before everything is squared away.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 6:28:24 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm sorry...BF2....Since it's the biggest thing now, I just assumed...

Alright, when my promotion does come through, how unlock the Barrett?

Any good guides, either online or in book form? The instructions provided with the game are very sketchy at best.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 6:31:21 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Any good guides, either online or in book form? The instructions provided with the game are very sketchy at best.

dont unlock the barrett, complete waste of time.  Unlock the medic weapon, or the G36.

I unlocked the barrett with my first unlock, I sure wished I woulda picked something different.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 9:30:14 AM EDT
[#5]
I unlocked the G36 first and I wish I could take it back.  It's slightly more lethal than the M4 for some reason, but I can be a lot more accurate using the aimpoint on the M4 than with the G36' irons.  I'll prolly unlock the .50 for my next promotion as well.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 11:29:25 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

When you get a weapons unlock, a screen will come up asking which weapon to unlock.

As for the other guys saying don't unlock this, don't unlock that... it's all opinion.

I get more kills with my G36c than my M4 in BF2.  The aimpoint is nice, but too much deviation as opposed to the G36.

If you player sniper a majority of the time, then the M95 is best for you.

I wish I had unlocked the engineer weapon.  I play engineer often now, but don't like the pump shotguns in game.  (except the MEC - who gets an awesome S12K shotgun )
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 12:53:59 PM EDT
[#7]
As it has been said before, sometimes it takes a little bit of time for it to take effect. For me it's never been more than 15-30 minutes. Some of it may be the game server your playing on is just a little slow at reporting your stats to EA/Gamespy stats server. Then there is a certain in-game activity that activates the promotion (kill a bad guy or capture a flag) after the next time you log into BF2.

I've notcied that after getting enough points for a promo (I've unlocked 4 guns)... to get the unlock, you may need to log off and log back in a couple of times.

What I usually do.

1) After, I get enough points just past the # of points for a promotion. I'll finish the round (usually this is long enough for the game server to report my stats to the EA/Gamespy stat server) and disconnect and Quit the BF2 game.

2) Open BF2 and log-on and join another online ranked game.

3) Usually, soon after getting my first kill or flag capture (I forget which one actually activates your promo) , the screen will pop up with my new rank and say that I have been promoted. Disconnect from game server and log-off.

4) As soon as you log back on, then the game will tell you that you have been promoted and you can now unlock a gun.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 1:14:09 PM EDT
[#8]
I noticed that my first promo or two... it took a little bit of time to actually get the gun unlock screen. But, at the time I just kept on playing.. figuring it took a while or if I played a little bit longer it would eventually pop up that I had been promoted.

Sometimes it felt like the next day to get it. It was because I never logged off after getting enough points. After logging off, you still do not get the gun unlock screen. I'd have to join a game and capture a flag or kill a player before the game notified me of my promotion.

Now you would have to log off and log back in, to get the gun unlock screen.

I've verified this with my second BF2 account. I got my rank promotions and gun locks ASAP. After logging off/on and doing the kill/capture the flag to activate my gun unlock.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 7:14:22 AM EDT
[#9]
Well, it's been almost a week and still no unlock. Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 11:32:40 AM EDT
[#10]
What is your BF2 username?

I can't find you, using your AR15.com handle.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 10:37:39 PM EDT
[#11]
SOrry to ask what may be a dumb question, but you were promoted to Lance Corporal, correct?
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 11:01:37 AM EDT
[#12]
My username is NavyDocZack.
I was promoted once: PFC?
Do you not get the first unlock until LCPL?
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 11:29:51 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
My username is NavyDocZack.
I was promoted once: PFC?
Do you not get the first unlock until LCPL?

Correct. No unlock til LCPL.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 11:41:39 AM EDT
[#14]
Ahhh...
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 6:28:53 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

What is BF2???
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 12:45:48 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What is BF2???

Link Posted: 9/20/2005 4:48:46 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What is BF2???

WOW!!!!!!!!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top