BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/6/2005 1:18:39 PM EDT
www.thebostonchannel.com/news/5064314/detail.html?rss=bos&psp=news

Police: Man Sent Imposter To Take Paternity Test
Pittsfield Friend Also Facing Charges

POSTED: 7:07 am EDT October 6, 2005

SYRACUSE, N.Y. -- A Syracuse-area man has been accused of sending an imposter to take a court-ordered paternity test.

James Durney, 40, of Chittenango, N.Y., was charged Tuesday with tampering with a public record and filing a false instrument, both felonies, as well as misdemeanor criminal impersonation.

"He didn't feel like paying child support, is what the problem was," state police Investigator Mark Nell said.

The man police said was sent to take the test instead, Neil Simon, 34, of Pittsfield, Mass., faces the same charges, the Post-Standard of Syracuse reported.

Police said they think Durney and Simon are relatives.

The mother of a girl born in May protested after the paternity test showed Durney was not the father. When county employees showed her a photo of the man who took the test, the woman called authorities.

"Can you do me a favor? Ah, c'mon man, I'd do it for you! No one will ever know."
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 5:23:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Not touching this one with a 10 foot pole?
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 5:26:52 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Not touching this one with a 10 foot pole?

Shhhhhh! Ixnay!
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 6:00:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Too bad he got caught. Fucking single welfair bitches. Sorry, I generalized. I know a FSWB. Only person in the world I truly hate.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top