Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/30/2004 5:17:42 PM EDT
I heard something on the radio today, might have been Rush about how many casualties we had in Europe and the Pacific after the surrender of the Axis nations.  Does anyone have any information on this.  I'd be curious to see this since the democraps and the media keep bringing up how many deaths there have been after the end of major hostilities.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 5:43:03 PM EDT
[#1]
In Europe it was about 40 due to hostile action if I'm not mistaken.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 5:49:16 PM EDT
[#2]
The Nazis had a small group of insurgents called "werewolves" or something like that, if I can remember the story correctly.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 6:09:41 PM EDT
[#3]
It was on the Rush show.  The caller threw out figures around 7,000 in each theatre
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 6:14:19 PM EDT
[#4]
If you read "Band of Brothers", there were tons of casualties after VE Day, but they weren't battle caused, instead it was mainly drinking and accidents.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 6:18:07 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
If you read "Band of Brothers", there were tons of casualties after VE Day, but they weren't battle caused, instead it was mainly drinking and accidents.

I don't know the figures, but for months and months, we still were suffering sniping from Germans. The diehard Nazi's just didn't give up.

Dukota, try a search engine for the answer

Link Posted: 8/30/2004 6:21:26 PM EDT
[#6]
I think it's safe to say a lot of people continued to die in the Soviet-occupied zone for many years to come...
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 6:23:17 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
It was on the Rush show.  The caller threw out figures around 7,000 in each theatre

Depends upon the time frame and whether you include non-combat deaths.  Remember in Band of Brothers how many guys died after the war from car crashes and gun play.

GunLvr
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top