Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/17/2005 9:42:25 AM EDT
I found a mini keg of beer in the back of the fridge.  Its been there for about 2 years now.  So should I tap the sucker and try a glass or will it kill me?  
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 9:43:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Drink it!
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 9:44:44 AM EDT
[#2]
It won't kill you but you let it get way too old. It doesn't improve with age like some wines do. I would tap it and try it though, it might not taste too bad. Or just give it to someone you don't really like.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 9:48:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Keg beer is not normally pastureized, usually that's why they are always kept cold as opposed to bottles and cans which are pastureized and sold warm or cold...  If kept cold it probably is fine.  If it was left to warm up it probably "skunked".  It kills me to hear folks say their bottled beer has "skunked" because it was left to get warm and then refrigerated.  
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 9:48:51 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
It won't kill you but you let it get way too old. It doesn't improve with age like some wines do. I would tap it and try it though, it might not taste too bad. Or just give it to someone you don't really like.

Thats what I was thinking.  My GFs kid and his buddys swip an occasional beer from her once in a while. I will just leave it out where they can find it.  If we have dead teens then we will know it wasnt good.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 9:49:40 AM EDT
[#5]
you'll be fine, it might taste a tad off but it wont hurt you.  
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 9:50:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Its in one of the those commemorative Red Wings mini metal keg.  

Maybe I should put it on eghey.  
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 9:51:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Oh, not really a real keg.  Probably pastureized and to an untrained pallet, indistinguishable from the same product bought last week..
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 10:11:57 AM EDT
[#8]
If it's already been opened I would throw it away.  

Link Posted: 12/17/2005 10:18:50 AM EDT
[#9]
TWO YEAR old beer found in your fridge?

The mind boggles...

The beer in my fridge barely gets cold before it is consumed...

-Gator
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 10:22:13 AM EDT
[#10]
Send it to me please.

Danny
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 10:39:12 AM EDT
[#11]
I also have 4 bottles of Absolut, 2 bottles of Bombay, 1 of Beefeater, 1 Cuervo Gold, 1 Goldschlager, 1 Jack Daniels.  The dust on these things is thick!

I just dont drink.  I have been carry these things around since I bought them for my buddys bachelor party 10 years ago.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 2:13:39 PM EDT
[#12]
My Grandad bought a case of Pabst Blue Ribbon beer in 1980, we found after he died in 1998. The reason we knew when he bought it, was becasue he tended to write the date on everything he purchased.

I put it in the fridge, and finished it up over the course of a week. It tasted fine, wasn't skunky, and still had full carbonation.

It was cans FWIW.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 2:21:37 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
TWO YEAR old beer found in your fridge?

The mind boggles...

The beer in my fridge barely gets cold before it is consumed...

-Gator

As I live and breathe....."cold" beer you say? What a novel concept!
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 2:23:55 PM EDT
[#14]
dump it. Longest I kept beer was 6 months in the fridge and it started getting skunky. I am hardly the beer snob either
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 2:43:52 PM EDT
[#15]
You should have tasted it to let us know how it was.  Save the can it might be worth something on ebay, people do collect those.

If you happen to find a 6 pack of Billy beer in your crisper or something I call dibs on it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top