Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/23/2005 4:20:50 AM EDT
By some democrat? Or better yet (for them) how long until any weapon CAPABLE of bump firing is banned? Or an attempt made to ban?

Thoughts?
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 4:21:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Never.  Single function of the trigger.  If that was banned, then all weapons would be banned.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 4:23:02 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Never.  Single function of the trigger.  If that was banned, then all weapons would be banned.

Yep. That's part of what I asked. I wonder when?
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 4:26:08 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep. That's part of what I asked. I wonder when?

As soon as they abolish the 2nd Amendment.  Which will never happen.  The Dept. of Justice came out with that 90+ page report conluding that the 2nd was indeed, an individual right last year (thank you, Mr. Ashcroft).  And I can forsee no erasure of any Constitutional rights ever.

Link Posted: 5/23/2005 4:31:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Banning bump fire? Not likely.

However, I do see some folks who may find themselves living in interesting times (think ATF hell) as they continue to invent newer bump fire devices.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 4:35:25 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Banning bump fire? Not likely.

However, I do see some folks who may find themselves living in interesting times (think ATF hell) as they continue to invent newer bump fire devices.

I concur.  More shoestring type mechanisms.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 3:47:07 PM EDT
[#6]
These "devices" are what has me wondering.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 3:51:16 PM EDT
[#7]
When they figure out how to ban thumbs and belt loops, we're toast.

Link Posted: 5/23/2005 3:57:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Indiscriminate bumpfiring is what will eventually lead to the ban, or NFA classifying of Semi-Autos...

Tannerite will be next on the list...

The internet has pros AND cons...
It's already contributed to the closing of many MG friendly gun ranges. Once "the word" gets out, gun ranges are flooded with new members. These new members scare the hell out of the old-timers, and eventually will be voted out of the club...

This bumpfiring bullshit has the same effect. My local gun range recently banned semi-auto because of a couple assholes bumpfiring at the range.

A little discretion goes a long way.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top