Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/17/2015 6:47:01 PM EDT
What is the recommended way to wash a 5.11 Rush 12 backpack? I've had it for about a year and a half... It has gotten pretty dusty/dirty since I take it to work everyday.

What is the best way to wash it?
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 6:50:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Boot Camp style.  Garden hose and scrub brush.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 6:53:24 PM EDT
[#2]
if its genuin cordura you and any foam padding is closed cell you can machine wash it. My old eagle packs have been machine washed often.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 6:55:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Fill full of rocks, put on and jump in lake.

See how many ARFcommers guns you can find while you're down there.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 7:01:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
if its genuin cordura you and any foam padding is closed cell you can machine wash it. My old eagle packs have been machine washed often.
View Quote

Yup, then open all the pockets and hang outside for a day or two. Since you're in Arizona, maybe for a couple of hours.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 7:12:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Completely remove contents. Let sink fill up with warm water. Put pack in water and swish / scrub on it with your hands. Let sit overnight. Retrieve bag next day and let air dry.

At least that's what I did after an ice pack exploded in a pack. Seemed to get it clean enough.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 7:15:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Correct way? Scrub brush + warm, soapy water.
The way most people would do it? Washing machine + TSP, or hang it up at a car was and spray it off with the high pressure hose.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 7:20:24 PM EDT
[#7]
You wear it in the rain bitch.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 7:23:08 PM EDT
[#8]
I've carried my Rush 12 for five years now. I use a air compressor and blow it off.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 7:26:11 PM EDT
[#9]
5.11 soap on a rope
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 7:38:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Correct way? Scrub brush + warm, soapy water.
The way most people would do it? Washing machine + TSP, or hang it up at a car was and spray it off with the high pressure hose.
View Quote

Hang on car. Drive thru car wash. Drive back home and let air dry.

Multi task like an operator.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 8:56:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Air compressor to blow off the loose dust. Pressure washer to get the rest off.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 9:02:06 PM EDT
[#12]
I just machine wash with Oxy-Clean and put in dryer with a load of towels.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 9:04:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yep, done the same to my Maxpedition packs in the past with no issues
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 9:13:44 PM EDT
[#14]
I opened mine up completely and ran it through the wash on gentle cycle. Hung it up next to the woodstove to dry.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top