Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
9/17/2020 5:59:48 PM
Posted: 12/20/2009 10:14:37 PM EDT
If I was to buy a used car (over $10k) in a different state whats the best way of sending the money and doing the transfer? I know they have professional shippers that can pick up your car but do you use an escrow service to hold the money or use an attorney to give them money after you know your car is on the way?  I just don't want to send the money and hope for the best especially in this economy. What the Hive mind think?
Link Posted: 12/20/2009 10:16:02 PM EDT
Um...personal check?
Link Posted: 12/21/2009 4:37:49 AM EDT
Whichever method you take, I would personally fly there and take physical possession of the vehicle.  Wouldn't rely on the good nature of the current owner to hand it over to the shipping company.
Link Posted: 12/21/2009 11:36:01 AM EDT
money order ... check ... cash in your hand

title and bill of sale i theirs ...

Link Posted: 12/21/2009 11:42:21 AM EDT
Bring your money to the seller.  Have the seller complete the sale on back of the title and go get it notorized.  Call your insurance company and insure your car.  Bring the paper work to your state's DMA and get the title changed.
Link Posted: 12/21/2009 11:57:48 AM EDT
Bought my F150 in Virgina, made deal with the guy (have family that lives up there and checked out the truck for me), I flew up there, handed him cashiers check after verifying everything, drove to Texas in my new truck with title and registered in Texas, when the plates came I mailed him the old ones back.  Two years later I am still....
Top Top