Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/24/2016 11:31:46 AM EDT
I have spent far too much time on my own trying to find it. Now I will accept my public ridicule for being an idiot and ask for help.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 11:33:09 AM EDT
[#1]
You have to be a paid member to subscribe to threads.
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 11:33:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Can you subscribe without being a member?
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 11:33:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I have spent far too much time on my own trying to find it. Now I will accept my public ridicule for being an idiot and ask for help.

Thanks.
View Quote

Its a feature for paying members.

When I was a non paying member I created a bookmark file for threads I was interested in and just bookmarked them.

ETA - I think you can subscribe to threads in some tech forums even though you're not a paying member.  The button is in the same line as the new thread/reply/forward buttons.
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 11:37:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You have to be a paid member to subscribe to threads.
View Quote

Huh, I must have been a paying member a while back. Which just added to the confusion when I could no longer subscribe, and couldn't remember how I did it  the first time.

Thanks again. This problem has an easy fix.
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 11:42:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

When I was a non paying member I created a bookmark file for threads I was interested in and just bookmarked them.

ETA - I think you can subscribe to threads in some tech forums even though you're not a paying member.  The button is in the same line as the new thread/reply/forward buttons.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks.

You may be right.  Before I was a paying member, I could use the search function to most forums except for GD.  So it seems likely that you can also subscribe to non-GD threads as well.
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 12:37:19 PM EDT
[#6]
I do believe that if you contribute to a thread with a reply you are given the option to subscribe even if you are not a paying member. Please feel free to correct me if I am wrong, though. If it is available, the Subscribe/Unsubscribe button is in the upper right or lower right of the thread page.

Edit: I think it is like JAD762 said, it might just be available in some of the subforums.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top