Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 2/24/2016 11:31:46 AM EDT
I have spent far too much time on my own trying to find it. Now I will accept my public ridicule for being an idiot and ask for help.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 11:33:09 AM EDT
You have to be a paid member to subscribe to threads.
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 11:33:15 AM EDT
Can you subscribe without being a member?
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 11:33:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/24/2016 11:36:05 AM EDT by JAD762]
Originally Posted By stone-age:
I have spent far too much time on my own trying to find it. Now I will accept my public ridicule for being an idiot and ask for help.

Thanks.
View Quote

Its a feature for paying members.

When I was a non paying member I created a bookmark file for threads I was interested in and just bookmarked them.

ETA - I think you can subscribe to threads in some tech forums even though you're not a paying member.  The button is in the same line as the new thread/reply/forward buttons.
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 11:37:34 AM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By phurba:
You have to be a paid member to subscribe to threads.
View Quote

Huh, I must have been a paying member a while back. Which just added to the confusion when I could no longer subscribe, and couldn't remember how I did it  the first time.

Thanks again. This problem has an easy fix.
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 11:42:13 AM EDT
Originally Posted By JAD762:

When I was a non paying member I created a bookmark file for threads I was interested in and just bookmarked them.

ETA - I think you can subscribe to threads in some tech forums even though you're not a paying member.  The button is in the same line as the new thread/reply/forward buttons.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JAD762:
Originally Posted By stone-age:

Thanks.

You may be right.  Before I was a paying member, I could use the search function to most forums except for GD.  So it seems likely that you can also subscribe to non-GD threads as well.
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 12:37:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/24/2016 12:39:15 PM EDT by Sinestro]
I do believe that if you contribute to a thread with a reply you are given the option to subscribe even if you are not a paying member. Please feel free to correct me if I am wrong, though. If it is available, the Subscribe/Unsubscribe button is in the upper right or lower right of the thread page.

Edit: I think it is like JAD762 said, it might just be available in some of the subforums.
Top Top