Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/10/2005 3:55:18 AM EDT
Or, how do I "prime the pump" on my water pump?  It's a 2 inch system, with the pump and tank in the basement.  I drained the water down on the system, but now, it seems the pump has lost it's prime.  

How do I get the pump "primed"?  

vmax84
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 4:32:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Look for a cap on the pump housing. You wanna add water, to the suction side to clear the air..

Pics, would help....
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 4:37:26 AM EDT
[#2]
i'm really not sure, but we have well water and i recall my dad saying something about having to pour water from uptop (where the pump is in the basement) down the pipe.  you can probably find some valve or something if you follow the pipe back from where it runs into your tank
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 4:43:56 AM EDT
[#3]
I found the bolt to remove to add water, however, doesn't look like it's been removed in a while, so it's a little rusted.  

What I really need to do is let that bolt soak in the WD-40 I sprayed on it, and while that is soaking, tear that entire valve assembly out and install a new one.  That is really the reason why I have this problem.

But, if memory serves me correctly, replacing that valve assembly in your tub is a pain in the a$$.  The assembly I'm talking about is the one where all the water runs thru before it empty's in your tub......the hot/cold adjuster thing.

And here I thought I might have time for pie today.  

vmax84

Well, guess there's no time like the present to open that wall up and start removing that valve.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top