Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/4/2004 5:57:10 PM EDT
I live in Ohio. I moved recently. I just realized over the weekend that I need to re-register or update my address. I was busy today and forgot all about it till now. I just seen a commercial that said today was the last day to register. What do I do? I read here that Ohio wasn't going to except on-line registration. Is it too late? I could give the on-line thing a try but can someone point me to the correct place to do it?
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 5:59:56 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I live in Ohio. I moved recently. I just realized over the weekend that I need to re-register or update my address. I was busy today and forgot all about it till now. I just seen a commercial that said today was the last day to register. What do I do? I read here that Ohio wasn't going to except on-line registration. Is it too late? I could give the on-line thing a try but can someone point me to the correct place to do it?

Your screwed
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 6:00:37 PM EDT
[#2]
online?
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 6:01:15 PM EDT
[#3]
It's too late.  If W loses Ohio, I'm blaming you.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 6:03:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Try online at www.rockthevote.com
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 6:04:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Try online at www.rockthevote.com
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 6:05:56 PM EDT
[#6]
General Election
Election Day Nov. 2
Voter Registration Deadline
[Register Now | Details] Oct. 4
Absentee Ballot Application Deadline Oct. 30 Noon

You are qualified to vote in Ohio if:

You are a citizen of the United States.

You are at least 18 years old on or before the day of the general election. If you will be 18 on or before November 2, you may vote in the primary election for candidates, but not on issues.

You will be a resident of Ohio for at least 30 days immediately before the election.

You are not incarcerated (in prison) for a felony conviction under the laws of the United States, this state or any other state of the United States.

You have not been declared incompetent for voting purposes by a probate court.

You register to vote at least 30 days before the election.

Link Posted: 10/4/2004 6:06:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Are you still registered at your old address? How far away was your move? Do you need to show any form of ID to vote?

Just show up to vote at your old polling place. Call the Registrar of Voters to make sure you're still enrolled in your old district. If so, just make the journey and vote there.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 7:03:42 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Are you still registered at your old address? How far away was your move? Do you need to show any form of ID to vote?

Just show up to vote at your old polling place. Call the Registrar of Voters to make sure you're still enrolled in your old district. If so, just make the journey and vote there.

+1.  You might even be able to vote absentee at the old address.

GunLvr
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 8:54:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Usually your city or county clerk's office can do that.

Or absentee ballot it as GunLvrPHD suggested
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 9:02:08 PM EDT
[#10]

Ask for an absentee ballot.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 9:04:55 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Just to be sure.... You wouldn't happen to be a couple hundred dead people voting Democrat are you?

Hey, it's Ohio.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top