Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/13/2004 1:13:58 PM EDT
Requested the day off, over two months ago with the idea that I would do something to mark the day. Well I did. I know he is no monster, but an average 3 point black tail. Meat in my freezer and a tag I wont eat.

As The Nuge would say "The beast is dead!"

CH
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 1:38:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Hey! Semis arent for hunting..... or didn't you get sKerry's memo.

By the way, nice buck!
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 1:39:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Long Live the Beast!
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 1:41:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 2:21:22 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Nice yearling!  You did good.  

That strikes me as funny. In Alabama that would be a trophy buck.

Nice way to celebrate, by the way.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 2:25:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 2:37:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Where's the bayonet on that thing?
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 2:38:47 PM EDT
[#7]
... Great photo! Looks like nice country there.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 5:19:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks all! I hit him just about perfect from about 125 yards, taking out both lungs. He went no more then 15 yards and dropped. The second buck that was with him stood about 20 yards away for 10 minutes or so trying to figure out what the hell I was. I dropped my pack and set my rifle on it, and started in on the one I shot and finally the other one walked off. I was shooting 165gr Nosler Partition loaded at about 2700fps. Handloads are the only way to go!  Great fun I tell ya.

Again, not real big but still fresh meat! He is actually a 3x3. Pretty even and balanced. I hunt solo most of the time so photos always come when I get out of the sticks and after I've gutted them out. That always seems to shrink them up a bit.

Hey Bkeep, yearling or not, he is legal! I think he is a couple years old, there was another buck with him a little smaller and only 2x1, my guess a yearling.

WWolf, it is great country out here(could lean alot more to the right though). Mount Hood is in my back yard and the Columbia river is in my front. The game can be plentiful, if you know where to go. I hunt everything from bear and lion to turkey and yotes. Of course deer and elk are my main pursuits.

BTW, that rifle is one I inherited from my father. It belonged to my grandfather and was his favorite hunting rifle, a Belguim Browning BAR in the old mule caliber, 30-06. This is the the second animal I have on it in the last two years. Last year is was a nice little bear. Hopefully I can drop an elk with it this year!

Now I can start chasing bear again, until elk season that is.
CH

Link Posted: 9/13/2004 5:22:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top