Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/15/2005 10:33:11 AM EDT
How are our refugee friends doing?  Not much news of late.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 10:36:25 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

I heard that LA kids who were enrolled in Houston schools got in a fight with Houston kids at one school.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 10:37:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Looks like they broke into an Oshman's sporting goods store and stole a bunch of pistols. And this past weekend a coworker's wife was beat up at a mall parking lot by several males believed to be refugees.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 10:45:35 AM EDT
[#3]
"I heard that LA kids who were enrolled in Houston schools got in a fight with Houston kids at one school."

i saw on the news that the houston kids tossed a milk carton into a gathering of the NO refugee students to start the fight.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 10:47:56 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Looks like they broke into an Oshman's sporting goods store and stole a bunch of pistols. And this past weekend a coworker's wife was beat up at a mall parking lot by several males believed to be refugees.

Boy, that's definitive.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 10:48:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Forgot to add that last night a couple from NO thought they could smoke cigs in a McDonalds after eating their burgers. They ignored the manager's request to put them out and the police had to get involved.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 10:50:20 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
i saw on the news that the houston kids tossed a milk carton into a gathering of the NO refugee students to start the fight.

What was the racial makeup of the kids who started/were fighting?
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 10:50:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Fight Between La., Houston Students Leads To School Riot
Parents, Students Say Brawl About Respect, Who Controls School

September 13, 2005
www.ktvu.com/news/4968654/detail.html
HOUSTON -- A fight Tuesday morning led to a riot between Houston students and evacuated students from Louisiana attending a southeast Houston high school, television station KPRC reported.

Officers with the Houston Police Department and the Houston Independent School District said 20 to 25 students were involved in the 8 a.m. fight at Jesse Jones High School.

HISD confirmed the brawl was between Houston students and students evacuated from Louisiana because of Hurricane Katrina who are temporarily attending the school.

"One of the Jones' kids tossed a soft drink can into the group of News Orleans' kids," HISD spokesman Terry Abbot said.

The confrontation about respect and which group of students controlled the school had been brewing for days, according to students and parents.

"We are trying to help them and they are coming over here beating up our children. I don't think it's fair," one parent told KPRC.

When the fight cleared, three students had been injured and transported to a hospital. Five other students were arrested and charged with disruption of school activities, a Class C misdemeanor.

Police were also forced to clear parents from the area.

"They got gangs in Houston. They got gangs in New Orleans. They all coincide right here. I don't want nobody just blaming New Orleans people," another parent told the station.

The Jones High School principal warned all students that violence would not be tolerated on campus.

School officials said the school day had pretty much ended by noon and were asking parents to pick up their children.

KPRC spoke with several parents of students from Louisiana who said they were not sure if they would allow their children to return to class on Wednesday because of safety concerns.

"We have three full-time police officers assigned here from the HISD Police Department. We've also asked for assistance from the Houston Police Department," Abbott said.

HISD officials said more than 3,000 students from Louisiana are attending schools in the district, and that up until this fight, the district had not experienced any trouble with the displaced students.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 10:51:56 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Boy, that's definitive.

They were walking behind her in the mall making harassing comments. She said something to them and they followed her out to the parking lot. She said that they appeared to not be locals. The LA accent is distinct from the TX accent.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 10:52:19 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

From what I saw on the news they were all black
their parents starting fighting too when they showed up
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 10:54:52 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

From what I saw on the news they were all black
their parents starting fighting too when they showed up

Surprise.....surprise.  Setting a good example can be painful  Makes one wonder.........
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 10:55:00 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
From what I saw on the news they were all black their parents starting fighting too when they showed up

Link Posted: 9/15/2005 10:57:26 AM EDT
[#12]
Brotha's and sista's fighting!  
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 10:58:11 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

September 13, 2005
HOUSTON -- A fight Tuesday morning led to a riot between Houston students and evacuated students from Louisiana attending a southeast Houston high school, television station KPRC reported.

Officers with the Houston Police Department and the Houston Independent School District said 20 to 25 students were involved in the 8 a.m. fight at Jesse Jones High School.

HISD confirmed the brawl was between Houston students and students evacuated from Louisiana because of Hurricane Katrina who are temporarily attending the school.

"One of the Jones' kids tossed a soft drink can into the group of News Orleans' kids," HISD spokesman Terry Abbot said.

The confrontation about respect and which group of students controlled the school had been brewing for days, according to students and parents.

"We are trying to help them and they are coming over here beating up our children. I don't think it's fair," one parent told KPRC.

When the fight cleared, three students had been injured and transported to a hospital. Five other students were arrested and charged with disruption of school activities, a Class C misdemeanor.

"They got gangs in Houston. They got gangs in New Orleans. They all coincide right here. I don't want nobody just blaming New Orleans people," another parent told the station.

The Jones High School principal warned all students that violence would not be tolerated on campus.

School officials said the school day had pretty much ended by noon and were asking parents to pick up their children.

KPRC spoke with several parents of students from Louisiana who said they were not sure if they would allow their children to return to class on Wednesday because of safety concerns.

"We have three full-time police officers assigned here from the HISD Police Department. We've also asked for assistance from the Houston Police Department," Abbott said.

HISD officials said more than 3,000 students from Louisiana are attending schools in the district, and that up until this fight, the district had not experienced any trouble with the displaced students.

Just wait until they start fighting over the governmental handouts.  Can you imagine what will happen when the NOLA welfare crew gets nicer apartments than the local welfare crew?  
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 11:05:16 AM EDT
[#14]
they're skulking about the houston area, saw one today with a white shirt that said "I Survived Katrina" black guy who jumps into the middle of the road over on san jacinto and holds up traffic while walking to a car that's at a traffic light to talk to the other black guy inside. both chatting away with not a care in the world about the people behind them.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 11:08:02 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Brotha's and sista's fighting!  

We must prevent black-on-black crime!
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 11:13:22 AM EDT
[#16]
There was one carjacking down here in Rosenberg area (Southwest of Houston), that was supposedly by a refugee.  
I liked what the grandma said about those refugees fighting at the Houston school.  "  If they don't like the way things are here, they can all pack up and go home". My feelings exactly!
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 4:58:53 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

September 13, 2005

Just wait until they start fighting over the governmental handouts.  Can you imagine what will happen when the NOLA welfare crew gets nicer apartments than the local welfare crew?  

Link Posted: 9/15/2005 5:52:37 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Local media downplaying any crime as "normal"...
That is how I KNOW they are lying
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top