Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/30/2009 10:42:27 AM EDT
I'm not looking for a house but I like to look at the listings when I'm bored. One of the listings says the seller will consider a trade?? WTF I've never seen that before. What's the point of trading houses? They didn't specify if they'd trade for a bigger or smaller house. I'm guessing their house has some kind of problems.
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 10:45:33 AM EDT
[#1]
tag
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 10:49:43 AM EDT
[#2]
I thought about it.  Why not?  Like any other trade, you just have to make sure your trade is acceptable to you.
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 10:51:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Probably a Real estate investor..A guy i kow who owns rentals lists his as trades welcome, usually in hopes of gettting something worth more..I wondered the same before I knew why but not like WTF...
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 10:52:07 AM EDT
[#4]
It was done in my hometown about 15 years ago.  A family of five (kids were friends of mine) traded their house to a bachelor with a larger house.  The larger house was worth more so the family paid the difference.

It was a small town and both parties knew each other well.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top