Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/26/2007 8:49:23 AM EDT
?? I see them at the guns shows every once in awhile, spent launch tubes.
====================================================
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/5165355.html

Sept. 26, 2007, 7:58AM
South Texas man charged with having rocket launcher

PORT LAVACA — A 31-year-old man was arrested Tuesday by federal agents and sheriff's officials acting on a tip that the convicted burglar had a rocket launcher.

Paul Henry Ledwik was arrested without incident on a felon in possession of firearms warrant issued by a federal judge in Corpus Christi.

He was being held in the Aransas County Jail, awaiting transfer to a federal court appearance in Corpus Christi, officials said. Jail officials did not make Ledwik available for comment. They didn't have information on whether Ledwik had an attorney.

Calhoun County Sheriff B.B. Browning said he notified federal agents about the rocket launcher after hearing about it from someone who saw it in Ledwik's apartment.

"It's a shoulder firearm, a one-time rocket launcher," federal agent Rick Miller said in a story for Wednesday editions of the Victoria Advocate. "You use it once and throw it away. To my knowledge, there's no way to reload it. It wouldn't fire again."

Miller is acting agent in charge of the Corpus Christi office of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.

Members of the Sheriff's Office SWAT team and ATF agents seized the launcher, four rifles, a handgun and several boxes of ammunition.

Browning said Ledwik is "a man who loves guns and loves to hunt, but he's not supposed to be doing it. He can't even get a hunting license, but he hunts anyway. I have no idea where he gets the guns."

Ledwik has served prison time for 10 convictions of burglary in Calhoun County, officials said.
Link Posted: 9/26/2007 8:50:08 AM EDT
[#1]
What is his screen name?
Link Posted: 9/26/2007 8:51:30 AM EDT
[#2]
An legal empty tube is going to cost this idiot 5years.....

Hint... If you are a prohibited person and insist on owning firearms... don't attract attention!

BTW what was the screenname
Link Posted: 9/26/2007 8:51:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/26/2007 8:53:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/26/2007 8:54:47 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Members of the Sheriff's Office SWAT team and ATF agents seized the launcher, four rifles, a handgun and several boxes of ammunition.

Browning said Ledwik is "a man who loves guns and loves to hunt, but he's not supposed to be doing it. He can't even get a hunting license, but he hunts anyway. I have no idea where he gets the guns."

Ledwik has served prison time for 10 convictions of burglary in Calhoun County, officials said.

Yeah he is fucked
Link Posted: 9/26/2007 8:55:10 AM EDT
[#6]
The question is a spent launch tube considered a firearm?
Link Posted: 9/26/2007 8:56:19 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
What is his screen name?

Why would you think he would be a member here?  

You've been here for going on 7 years and you've never seen anyone ask that anytime someone gets busted for having an illegal NFA item, too large of a gun or ammo stash?  
Link Posted: 9/26/2007 8:56:46 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

No but the 4 rifles and handgun are....

Link Posted: 9/26/2007 8:58:56 AM EDT
[#9]
"...shall not be infringed." How fucking simple can it be?

When Rocketlaunchers are outlawed, only outlaws will have Rocketlaunchers.

My other vehicle is tank.

Remember the Alamo- if only they had Rocketlaunchers!

That's not a weapon, this Rocketlauncher is a weapon!

Box-O-Truth and Rocketlaunchers.

Your complaining about ammo prices? Try feeding a Rocketlauncher!

This home is guarded by a Rocketlauncher three days a week- guess which three!

Mess with a bull, you'll get shot with a rocket!

IWB and Rocklaunchers, needed or just overcompensating?

That's not a Rocketlauncher- this is a Rocketlauncher!

You can take my Rocketlauncher from my COLD DEAD HANDS!

My Rocketlauncher, MOLON LABE!!!!

What do you mean some idiot made a pistol with one of these- now I can't own steel core?

Link Posted: 9/26/2007 8:59:15 AM EDT
[#10]

I have no idea where he gets the guns.

Link Posted: 9/26/2007 8:59:30 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/26/2007 9:12:03 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
What is his screen name?

Why would you think he would be a member here?  

You've been here for going on 7 years and you've never seen anyone ask that anytime someone gets busted for having an illegal NFA item, too large of a gun or ammo stash?  

We boot people for admitting to stealing a pressure washer.  We have no place for criminals on this site--and have made that abundantly clear.  

Yes, I have seen it asked--and I have responded similarly when I have seen it.  It's silly and I think it demeans the site by implying we have members of his ilk.  I HATE thieves--he is a many-time convicted thief.  

My apologies.  My post was made in jest.  
Link Posted: 9/26/2007 9:20:14 AM EDT
[#13]
Funny in a way.  The rocket launcher was probably the only thing legal in his apartment.  Moral, don't make the sheep nervous I guess.
Link Posted: 9/26/2007 9:20:20 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/26/2007 9:22:27 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

I have no idea where he gets the guns.

some people are just slow I guess...
Link Posted: 9/26/2007 9:22:29 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/26/2007 10:00:56 AM EDT
[#17]
Port Lavaca, nice place, nice people, lived there  and was a cop years ago. Nobody likes people that steal their property. Mr. Multi-time convicted burglas needs the rocket tube stuck up his ass and filled with lead to anchor him in one spot....The Texas Department of Corrections !!

Link Posted: 9/26/2007 10:03:25 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

No...

But a loaded one is, and the report was 'man with a rocket launcher'....

For you or me, it would have been 'no trouble'...

For a 10-time felon, it's big trouble when as a result of that call the cops find his other weapons...

Link Posted: 9/26/2007 10:06:36 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Funny in a way.  The rocket launcher was probably the only thing legal in his apartment.  Moral, don't make the sheep nervous I guess.

NO...

MORAL: Don't be a thief - especially a really shitty thief who gets caught 10 times, and still doesn't understand that whole 'obey the law' thing....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top