Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/19/2004 7:48:32 PM EDT
My girlfriend can't access her hotmail account.  After she signs in, the page acts like its loading forever then goes to the "The page cannot be displayed" screen.  It happens on her computer, mine, and 5 or 6 we tried in labs on campus.  She was already in the process of switching over to GMail, but she has stuff on her hotmail account she needs for school.
Any help would be appreciated!
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 8:09:29 PM EDT
[#1]
I really don't know what to tell you; I don't have any problem logging in at hotmail.  I encounter this problem occasionally, when the system is really busy.  Are you certain she is using the correct name and password?  Good luck!
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 8:16:03 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I really don't know what to tell you; I don't have any problem logging in at hotmail.  I encounter this problem occasionally, when the system is really busy.  Are you certain she is using the correct name and password?  Good luck!

yup, correct login/pass.  It's weird b/c it won't load for her, but i can sign in fine right after she tries...
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 8:17:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Strange.  How long has it been going on.

You always seem to have computer problems, do what I do hit it or stab it.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 8:21:36 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
weird b/c it won't load for her, but i can sign in fine right after she tries... hr

Feds have taken her account offline for inspection.

If there's nothing wrong, it'll be available in a day or two.

Link Posted: 9/19/2004 8:23:28 PM EDT
[#5]
I assume she signs in regularly since she has school stuff on there?

According to their help section, this type message is usually an internet connection issue.  But that doesn't make sense if you are able to log in.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 8:55:53 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I assume she signs in regularly since she has school stuff on there?

yeah, several times per day, it just stopped working out of the blue

Quoted:
According to their help section, this type message is usually an internet connection issue.  But that doesn't make sense if you are able to log in.

yeah, it acts like a connection issue, but we've tried it on 3 different connections....and mine works!
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 8:57:58 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
My girlfriend can't access her hotmail account.  After she signs in, the page acts like its loading forever then goes to the "The page cannot be displayed" screen.  It happens on her computer, mine, and 5 or 6 we tried in labs on campus.  She was already in the process of switching over to GMail, but she has stuff on her hotmail account she needs for school.

I'm having the same problem.  Hotmail must be down.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 8:58:25 PM EDT
[#8]
I xpect it will start working in a day or 2.

ry refreshing after it gives you page cannot be displayed, mine gave me a similar problem like that but would correct itself when refreshed noramlly.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 8:59:06 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
ry refreshing after it gives you page cannot be displayed, mine gave me a similar problem like that but would correct itself when refreshed noramlly.

did that about 100 times earlier
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 8:59:45 PM EDT
[#10]
I've tried refreshing, it doen't help.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 9:00:31 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

interesting, it must just be some server side issue then.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 9:03:42 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

interesting, it must just be some server side issue then.

I also have a @msn.com account that isn't working.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 9:07:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Does she have MSN messenger?  If so, has she tried logging on through that?

Sorry if that doesn't help.  I am out of ideas.  Contact them for support/help.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 9:12:21 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Does she have MSN messenger?  If so, has she tried logging on through that?

Sorry if that doesn't help.  I am out of ideas.  Contact them for support/help.

the msn backdoor was the first thing i thought of no dice, it did show she had 17 new emails
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 9:24:42 PM EDT
[#15]

Have you tried putting the account into Outlook Express?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top