Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/17/2006 5:23:51 PM EDT
www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11881076/

Some of you may remember my stories of 750 pound women in the hospital - my GOD!  I wonder how heavy this woman was!
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 5:25:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Don't they regain the fat somewhere else if they don't change the diet?
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 5:28:37 PM EDT
[#2]
That is correct.  Take it out of the gut it goes right to the ass.  They have to change there eating habits.

Max
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 5:36:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Somebody needs to find that pic of that fat woman sitting on the park bench with her gut hanging from beneath her mumu...
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 5:38:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Holy freakin shit!

At what point will people say "God, I'm fat!  I need to DO SOMETHING!"???  

I'd hit that point when I couldn't see Mr Happy anymore.   And I'm nowhere near it.  Thankfully, I'm unlikely to get obese, based on my family/genetics.  
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 5:40:53 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Holy freakin shit!

At what point will people say "God, I'm fat!  I need to DO SOMETHING!"???  

I'd hit that point when I couldn't see Mr Happy anymore.   And I'm nowhere near it.  Thankfully, I'm unlikely to get obese, based on my family/genetics.  

because it's not their fault.  it's "genetics" or "the media" or "advertising"

personal responsibility is a thing of the past.  apparently people can't control being fat anymore, so it's not their fault.  we should not make fun of them for their "condition"
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 5:53:30 PM EDT
[#6]
people shouldn't let themselves get that way in the first place.  i see it all the time...  people with rolls hanging down past their elbows and knees, people riding rascals arond the store becase they're too fat to actually  walk, and these same people stuffing their faces with the greasiest, fatiest foods they can find.

it's quite sad, actually.  i know that some people do have medical conditions that can lead to that sort of thing, but most of the time it's just plain laziness imo.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 5:56:57 PM EDT
[#7]
No such thing as a "medical condition".  It's thermodynamics.  Eat more energy than you consume, you gain weight.  Eat less energy than you consume, you lose weight.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 5:57:25 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I'd hit that ....

I knew someone would say it

Link Posted: 3/17/2006 10:51:00 PM EDT
[#9]
My favorite part is that the doctors HAD to use CRANES and ROPES to handle all of the fat. I feel that  obesity is partially genetic but for the most part people use that as an excuse. If everyone in my family is fat, I would do my best to try to aviod becoming fat, even if that meant eating healthy and exercising

The only people that have no control over their weight are those who have Prader-Willi Syndrome.
Wikipedia Explanation of Prader-Willi Syndrome
It is my understanding that those people with this syndrome never feel satisfied, no matter how much food they eat. THey are always in a constant state of starvation and will do anything to get food. That would suck and I cannot begin to comprehend  how hard that must be on the family.

James
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 11:13:20 PM EDT
[#10]
She had to sleep with her huge FUPA on a side table???

My God... put down the tacos, woman.

- BG
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 11:20:07 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
No such thing as a "medical condition".  It's thermodynamics.  Eat more energy than you consume, you gain weight.  Eat less energy than you consume, you lose weight.

Look at the photos of the prisoners in Nazi death camps.  They all look like skeletons with skin.  You don't see a few chubby ones here and there who have "medical conditions" or who are big boned.  
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 11:24:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 11:29:55 PM EDT
[#13]
This woman...

Link Posted: 3/18/2006 1:55:24 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
This woman...

i1.tinypic.com/rm7ex3.jpg

Why would she want pics taken of her piggin' out....in her UNDIES????  Who does she think she is.....Jabba the Slut?  
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 2:08:15 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Yup.

A tummy tuck isn't about removing fat, it supposed to repair stomach muscles, and clean up over stretched skin from child birth. If you like your big macs, a tummy tuck isn't going to fix you.

YMMV.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 2:37:57 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:
This woman...

Why would she want pics taken of her piggin' out....in her UNDIES????  Who does she think she is.....Jabba the Slut?  

Link Posted: 3/18/2006 2:54:31 AM EDT
[#17]

Look at the photos of the prisoners in Nazi death camps. They all look like skeletons with skin. You don't see a few chubby ones here and there who have "medical conditions" or who are big boned....

-Yea, but they also had lost all their muscle. And the heart is a muscle. Notice all the dead POWs not standing up. See a risk here?  

Having an abominal apron removed does not (and is not an attempt) to "make a fat person thin with surgery"; the person is still plenty fat for suffering afterwards. The reason the operation is done is that extreme abdominal flab can easily get gangrene, which can quickly become fatal. So if a person is very-very overweight and they visit a doctor and their gut shows signs of very poor blood flow, they become a candidate immediately for this operation. [-I am not hardly this fat; I just got docs&nurses in the family. ;)  ]

Certainly a bit of proper eating and exercies can go a long way towards avoiding such a bodily condition--but there are people who easily gain fat, as well as people who can't seem to gain weight no matter what they eat. There are amazing stories of both in medical literature.

And anyway, being fat isn't illegal (yet) and I for one am thankful.
~

Link Posted: 3/18/2006 3:05:40 AM EDT
[#18]
I've never been able to understand how fatbodies can afford to be so fat.  I've been trying to gain weight the past two years and my income just will not allow it.

I'm fucking tired of warmed over tortillas.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 3:43:42 AM EDT
[#19]
That's enough fat to make a whole other person.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 3:56:36 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:
This woman...

There are some people who are actually into that.  
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 4:20:12 AM EDT
[#21]
I once worked with a chick who complained about her weight all the time. Instead of working, she'd look at diet website and books all day.

Then, this chick would hit the cafeteria and come back with every white flour, thoroughly processed piece of packaged shit for consumption out there and stuff it in her face.

Then she'd go back to complaining about her weight. Well, solution: get off your ass and stop filling your face with Twinkies.

I have a cousin who was a star athlete in high school / college when he had to have a kidney transplant. His mom gave him one of hers. He is on a ton of meds right now and his weight has become uncontrollable. That's the flip side of how people become big and they can't do much about it. He's trying to keep the weight down, but he needs those meds.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top