Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/6/2002 6:38:16 AM EDT
people on evil black rifles this weekend. Took my son and his buddy to our property this weekend where we met my brother in law and his cousin. We spent Saturday afternoon shooting down by the river. My son's buddy had never been shooting before. He shot my 10/22 and ARs and loved every second of it. You should have seen how excited he was after his first shot with the AR...He is hooked I think. My brother in law and cousin are regular hunters and they were amazed at the accuracy of my 20" bushy/pos eurolux 4x20 scope out to 200 + yards (we were shooting beer bottles). Introduced the cousin to the LEGP program and I am almost sure he will get in. It was a great weekend...a little sunburned...but it was worth it.
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 6:47:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like a nice weekend. Keep up the good work. Its always good when you're able to recruit new shooters [8D].
CAPITALIST
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 10:36:07 PM EDT
[#2]
hope you didn't empty the beer bottles while shooting if you know what i mean.
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 10:41:41 PM EDT
[#3]
That's great, Dave.  I love the fact that your relatives were impressed by the accuracy.  Sounds like they have some real potential.  
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 10:57:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Great Dave, this is just the kind of thing the gun grabbers love to hear about.  Even if it was your property, shooting beer bottles with some newbies only teaches them that this is acceptable.  You should be setting an example.

Link Posted: 5/6/2002 11:10:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Great Dave, this is just the kind of thing the gun grabbers love to hear about.  Even if it was your property, shooting beer bottles with some newbies only teaches them that this is acceptable.  You should be setting an example.

View Quote

What? the hell is your problem. It IS my property and I never mix alcohol with shooting. My child was there for God sakes. I dont give a shit about gun grabbers or what they think. I am a very safe shooter and would put that up against anybody any time. Did you notice the distance we were shooting? Give me a break. Not that I need to defend myself or my actions to somebody like you. LOL ...unreal.

We had a very SAFE and fun outing. We will do it again real soon...should have some pics next time.

Link Posted: 5/7/2002 3:46:37 AM EDT
[#6]
I believe Pinetop isn't talking about the alcohol factor, more like the glass everywhere factor.  Even when it is your own property, I hope you cleaned up the glass.  Or had a tarp underneith for easier cleanup.

Link Posted: 5/7/2002 4:36:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I believe Pinetop isn't talking about the alcohol factor, more like the glass everywhere factor.  Even when it is your own property, I hope you cleaned up the glass.  Or had a tarp underneith for easier cleanup.

View Quote

I was thinking the same thing.....

Link Posted: 5/7/2002 8:12:51 AM EDT
[#8]
First off,,I want to apologize for my tone last night...I was tired. Second of all...I can not tell you guys how much of a non issue this glass beer bottle thing really is (In This Particular Case). Rural farming area....maybe 250 people in town...my property...locked gate.....nuff said.

Note to self....never post all the details [:)]

Link Posted: 5/7/2002 8:59:36 AM EDT
[#9]
Dave & others - The broken bottle(s) are exactly what I was talking about.  Every year and every month out here in the desert, the number of public areas where you can shoot are decreasing.  For the most part, this is our own fault due to the number of inconsiderate shooters who leave their Wolf hulls and shot up cans, bottles, propane tanks, refrigerators, etc. littering the area.  

When you said beer bottles, it just set me off.  I apologize if it came off wrong.  I'm sure you are a safe shooter, and picked up after youself.

Pinetop

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top