Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/24/2006 7:46:19 PM EDT
Looking at getting a new 4-wheeler.
So far I'm sold on a Honda.  Although I do like "LOCKED 4 WD" On the Yamaha.  
The guy at the Honda dealership told me (after looking at my Jeep) Youd be better off with the aircooled Foreman over the Recon or the Rubicon if your gonna drive it like your Jeep.  As it was covered in mud.  Told me he would love to sell me the Recon or Rubicon as the cost more.  But felt I would be better with the Aircooled as the Radiator of the water cooled stops up with mud and could over heat.
Any thoughts to this would be apreciated as I dont know jack about 4-wheelers.

EDIT: Talked to another Honda dealership in another town.  He said to go with the Rubicon.  Said they are bad to the bone, and hes sold out of Rubicons for a reason.  So now on dealer says Rubicon one says Foreman.

Also heard the "belt" on the Yamaha slips when it gets wet.
Link Posted: 10/24/2006 8:04:48 PM EDT
[#1]
The Honda Foreman and Rubicon or both great ATVs and being Hondas they will last forever.  If you do alot of serious mud riding(read all the time) the aircooled may be better cause the radiator on the Rubicon will get caked with mud and get hot.  I have a Rincon and have that problem.  If you are not going to do serious mudriding then get the Rubicon cause that thing is a Beast, the tranny is completely hydraulic meaning it can and will pull just about anything.
Link Posted: 10/24/2006 8:12:39 PM EDT
[#2]
I really like the Rubicon....I also like the new GPScape.  The Foreman is the only one without it.  I am not getting it to go mudding.  But the ranch does flood and it gets muddy in places.  I just dont know were all I'll be going as I dont have a 4-wheeler.  Its just mud seems to call me if its there ....... Heres an example ...

Link Posted: 10/25/2006 12:50:47 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I really like the Rubicon....I also like the new GPScape.  The Foreman is the only one without it.  I am not getting it to go mudding.  But the ranch does flood and it gets muddy in places.  I just dont know were all I'll be going as I dont have a 4-wheeler.  Its just mud seems to call me if its there ....... Heres an example ...
i30.photobucket.com/albums/c329/etexer/jDSCF0003.jpg
i30.photobucket.com/albums/c329/etexer/jDSCF0002.jpg
i30.photobucket.com/albums/c329/etexer/jjDSCF0005.jpg
i30.photobucket.com/albums/c329/etexer/jjDSCF0006.jpg
i30.photobucket.com/albums/c329/etexer/jjDSCF0007.jpg

Is that Shilo Ridge in Alto?
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 6:26:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Artic Cat 400 AIS

- rear limited slip

- selectable 4wd

- selectable front locker

- big gas tank

- suzuki engine

- 12.8" ground clearance

- IFS & IRS

- loads of disc brakes F&R

It's got it all.  Love mine
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 6:18:27 PM EDT
[#5]
I've got an 06 Foreman air cooled. Have never had a problem at all with covering it in mud I can tell you that much.

I've rode on the Rubicons, I don't know how much the liquid cooling makes a difference, but what I'd look at is this.

My foreman feels peppier than a Rubi of the same year because of the transmission, I've got no problem shifting manually so the Hondamatic on the Rubi made no difference to me, even on the manual setting on the Rubi it feels sluggish compared to mine though it does shift smoother because of the hydraulic transmission.

On the Rubi though you do have low range which the foreman does not if that makes a difference to you.

Also realize the foreman is actually 475cc, the Rubi is 499.

I personally didn't see a point in paying extra for the Rubicon for features I don't need and that actually made it less fun to ride. YMMV

Try to drive both before you make a decision.

If you lived anywhere near here I'd set you up to try both but alas, Texas and Virginia are not quite neighbors
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 1:05:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Saw the tests for the Can Am's? Nothing comes close to em
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top