Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 4/18/2017 12:57:53 PM EDT
Say if you were going to the Berkley riot, what would you wear or bring? Would you feel confident going in?

I am a pretty large man, 6'4 and 255 LBS. I wouldn't really be scared of most Antifa commie scum but my problem is I wear glasses. I would need to find a way to wear a helmet and glasses at the same time. My contacts are expired and I'm waiting for more.

I imagine I would wear a helmet and a cup for my boys. Maybe a surplus flack vest if I could find one, or even the paintball armour. Probably long sleeves, jeans and boots. And the Texas and US Flag, duh.

So what would you wear / bring to the braw? How would you counter act mace and bear spray?
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 12:59:01 PM EDT
[#1]
You must learn from the best:

Link Posted: 4/18/2017 1:01:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Bread helmets and life vests! 

eta And a urine soaked bandana! Only. This is how we will know.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 1:02:56 PM EDT
[#3]
armor
Riot shield.

Find a helmet with a face shield. You don't want those peoples spit touching you. 
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 1:03:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 1:03:03 PM EDT
[#5]
If I were going to go, I'd go with a plow truck.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 1:03:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 1:04:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Cover yourself in job applications.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 1:04:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote
Stupid commies made a molded plastic shield that rusts!

Link Posted: 4/18/2017 1:06:11 PM EDT
[#9]
4ft pole with 4"spike on tip and razors embedded on the shaft. Have fun trying to rip that from my hands.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 1:07:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Fuck that. If I'm bringing the hurt, it's 168 grains at a time, from cover.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 1:09:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Dupe
View Quote
Not really but sure.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 1:10:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Naked I'd go naked note me wants to fuck with a 65 year old fat man in the middle of the street naked
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 1:10:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 1:10:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Spear, shield and a few dozen friends

Link Posted: 4/18/2017 1:10:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Im diggin these helments here
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 1:12:14 PM EDT
[#16]
I suggest something like this.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 1:13:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Get to swingin' that cactus. You'll be given a wide berth. Ain't nobody wanna fuck with you whilst swingin' a god damn cactus.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 1:13:15 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Bread helmets and life vests! 

eta And a urine soaked bandana! Only. This is how we will know.
View Quote
I could legit make a helmet with the bread the MIL makes, shits hard as a rock. Probably throw them at commies, too.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 1:15:43 PM EDT
[#19]
Does anyone know if they have been throwing paint at these skirmishes? That would suck, haveing my goggles or face shield covered and swinging blind.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 1:16:59 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 1:17:50 PM EDT
[#21]
along with helmet, chin strap, gloves
What about like a lacrosse shirt you could wear a shirt over?

Link Posted: 4/18/2017 1:18:17 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Im diggin these helments here
View Quote
Looks good to me. most important thing is protecting your face from liquids and thrown projectiles. 
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 1:19:02 PM EDT
[#23]
Yea that's what I'm talking about. i saw something like this but for paintball, I didn't know lacrosse had stuff like this.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 1:20:20 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Does anyone know if they have been throwing paint at these skirmishes? That would suck, haveing my goggles or face shield covered and swinging blind.
View Quote
Thats the whole point though, when they use the pepper spray or paint then you dispose the goggles.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 1:20:22 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Looks good to me. most important thing is protecting your face from liquids and thrown projectiles. 
View Quote
I feel that. I imagine if I caught a thrown turd in the mouth and face I would go ballistic and kill someone.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 1:20:40 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 1:21:11 PM EDT
[#27]
Ice hockey helmet (with the clear facemask, not the wire cage) or motorcycle helmet. Or a paintball mask. With a motorcycle helmet you can flip the facemask up and still be protected. Might get a little hot and sweaty though. Hockey shoulder pads (football pads don't cover the chest as much)
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 1:22:19 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 1:22:44 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 1:24:08 PM EDT
[#30]
View Quote
Imagine how the antifas would shit themselves if they saw a squad-size PLATOON-sized element dressed like this advancing in formation.....
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 1:26:05 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Thats the whole point though, when they use the pepper spray or paint then you dispose the goggles.
View Quote
I wonder if coating the lens with Rain-X or something similar would help clean them off in the heat of battle.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 1:26:05 PM EDT
[#32]
Serious question: why not wear a plate carrier and hard plates to one of these shindigs?

Outfit yourself just like LE. Plates, riot helmet with face shield, and gloves with poly knuckles. Add in some shoulder pads and some groin/thigh protection, and you're ready to party.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 1:28:31 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Ride a motorcycle.

Wear a full face motorcycle helmet, motorcycle jacket, motorcycle boots, and motorcycle gloves.

Motorcycle all the things.

You will be nicely armored, with some good shit-kicking boots on, some damn fine armor over your knuckles, and your head/face will be fully protected.

Plus, you will look cool riding with the flags on the back of your bike.
View Quote
is your name dave?
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 1:35:11 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 1:36:10 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Serious question: why not wear a plate carrier and hard plates to one of these shindigs?

Outfit yourself just like LE. Plates, riot helmet with face shield, and gloves with poly knuckles. Add in some shoulder pads and some groin/thigh protection, and you're ready to party.
View Quote
I had thought about it, I just was thinking plates and would be overkill and a little heavy. I guess I could stop being a pussy and just do it ha.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 1:36:41 PM EDT
[#36]
KYLE CHAPMAN GEARING UP

If you wear glasses consider wearing good-quality ski-goggles OVER them and a baseball helmet (like Stickman) or bike helmet.

Soccer shinguards on the forearms can be great concealed blockers against sticks.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 1:38:30 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Imagine how the antifas would shit themselves if they saw a squad-size PLATOON-sized element dressed like this advancing in formation.....
View Quote
Ancient phalanx formation....YES.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 1:45:23 PM EDT
[#38]
Motorcycle armor + 

And 500 count bag of pepperball rounds. Test fired and pressure tuned to a velocity just barely slow enough to keep the balls from shredding on firing (300-315fps). And aim at the face/throat of any threat. Even if they wear a mask, getting throat shot with a 68cal projectile is a fight stopper (I'm speaking from experience from many pasture "outlaw" matches with friends heavily overclocked markers)

Pop the tank tank off and it fits in a backpack. 

All of that hat being said, if I end up at a protest or on the wrong end of an Anifa temper tantrum, it won't have been by choice... and my options will be much more lethal in category. 
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 1:47:17 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I had thought about it, I just was thinking plates and would be overkill and a little heavy. I guess I could stop being a pussy and just do it ha.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Give yourself all the advantages. Better protection against airburst M80s, and you know one of these shitstains is going to eventually succeed in sneaking in a handgun. I mean, shit, you could make multihit level IIIa plates out of fiberglass welding blanket and bondo resin. Check the video:

How to Make AMAZING Bullet Resistant Armor for $30
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 1:49:54 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Motorcycle armor + 
https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRBSG_2VERZtGl9uAMJNiobAQbysKppVrmyEAZuwaiVzNXbCCKPEA

And 500 count bag of pepperball rounds. Test fired and pressure tuned to a velocity just barely slow enough to keep the balls from shredding on firing (300-315fps). And aim at the face/throat of any threat. Even if they wear a mask, getting throat shot with a 68cal projectile is a fight stopper (I'm speaking from experience from many pasture "outlaw" matches with friends heavily overclocked markers)

Pop the tank tank off and it fits in a backpack. 

All of that hat being said, if I end up at a protest or on the wrong end of an Anifa temper tantrum, it won't have been by choice... and my options will be much more lethal in category. 
View Quote
Damn, I didnt know you could buy pepper rounds. Neat...
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 1:51:08 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 1:51:41 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Give yourself all the advantages. Better protection against airburst M80s, and you know one of these shitstains is going to eventually succeed in sneaking in a handgun. I mean, shit, you could make multihit level IIIa plates out of fiberglass welding blanket and bondo resin. Check the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7jiIQOgwtI
View Quote
Neat! Gonna have to give this a try. I wouldn't want my nice plates confiscated from some reason.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 1:52:13 PM EDT
[#43]
zoombang is really low profile and can take a hit. look at motor cross gloves or street hockey gloves.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 1:52:17 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7jiIQOgwtI
View Quote
Neat! Gonna have to give this a try. I wouldn't want my nice plates confiscated from some reason.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 1:52:51 PM EDT
[#45]
Watch "The Road Warrior".....determine what outfit appeals to you.

Go to your local Thrift or Goodwill type store and outfit yourself appropriately.

Hardware store....Red/Black paint if you are a commie.....Red White and Blue if you love the USA

Put it all together and attend rally of your choice

Post pics/vids.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 1:53:13 PM EDT
[#46]
A 3D cell Maglight stuck in a jean pocket would make a pretty good "broken arrow" backup baton that could be justified to the po po as just a flashlight. You'd be popular with the ladies too.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 1:54:18 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I'm bringing tool handles made from hickory and a 24 inch piece of rebar.
View Quote
I carried rebar and an axe handle behind the seat of my truck in my teenage years.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 1:54:22 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Watch "The Road Warrior".....determine what outfit appeals to you.

Go to your local Thrift or Goodwill type store and outfit yourself appropriately.

Hardware store....Red/Black paint if you are a commie.....Red White and Blue if you love the USA

Put it all together and attend rally of your choice

Post pics/vids.
View Quote
I think leather biker jacket + license plate armor with American accents would look tits.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 1:55:28 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
A 3D cell Maglight stuck in a jean pocket would make a pretty good "broken arrow" backup baton that could be justified to the po po as just a flashlight. You'd be popular with the ladies too.
View Quote
Someone made like a baton grip for them at one point, need to find one of those.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 1:55:36 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top