Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/9/2003 6:34:01 PM EDT
Watching the miniseries and holy crap can the Galactica spit out some firepower!
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 6:51:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Be more specific...
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 6:56:42 PM EDT
[#2]
The ship sent out a stream of shells that cleared a huge huge path so the civilian ships could make a jump to another location.  Massive volleys...
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 7:07:30 PM EDT
[#3]
[i]Shells[/i] they are using projectile weapons?!?
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 7:08:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

You got it!

EDIT:  Called Enemy suppression barrage
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 7:11:17 PM EDT
[#5]
AA fire.

Ack-Ack.

Yep, pretty kewl.  But she'd need that kind of firepower for defense.

Turned back an attack by 72 fighters
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 7:50:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Starfleet would kick their ass.
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 8:03:29 PM EDT
[#7]
And the Rebel Alliance would kick BOTH their asses, not to mention the Imperials.
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 8:08:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
And the Rebel Alliance would kick BOTH their asses, not to mention the Imperials.
View Quote

Ya got me there, pard. Ya cain't fuck with the Force.
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 8:19:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

You got it!

EDIT:  Called Enemy suppression barrage
View Quote

Ha.... replace the shells w/ photon topedos on the Galactica and now you have something w/ some MASSIVE firepower!!!
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 8:20:46 PM EDT
[#10]
And Starbuck had a sex change...And cant act
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 8:23:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Someone help me out...

Is this 'mini-series' over???  I thought they called it the conclusion, but it didn't seem like a conclusion.

Only 2 episodes?
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 8:53:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Certainly pointed out why either a laser or projectile weapon would still be useful, not just missles.  Because the guns were blasting nukes outta the air like Phalanx on steriods...  Some peoeple were apparently pissed off when the Galactica had no defense in the first episode.  Guess they missed the fact they have no ammo onboard for the defenses at that point since they were being decommisioned...  

Sweet, sweet battle scene IMO.  

I love how the fighters don't magically "fly" in space for once.  They have thrusters/boosters all over the place controlling their "flight".  A couple times they had some badass moves too to down some Cylons.  

Loved the miniseries, wish there was more.  I figured it would be a 3 parter but apparently 2 is all we get...

Definite opener for a true series, hope they follow up with it...
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 9:06:40 PM EDT
[#13]
This was obviously a pilot.

The ratings should determine if we get a new seies or not.

And what's up with Boomer?  And which model is she?
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 9:17:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Next part is on Sunday...don't turn off the TV so soon! sheesh!  [;D]
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 9:32:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Photon torpedos are soooo yesterday.... (well, ok....not really)

I mean, DS9 had QUANTUM torpedos.  [:D]
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 9:33:01 PM EDT
[#16]
Next part is on Sunday...don't turn off the TV so soon! sheesh!
View Quote

While you're leaving the TV on, try listening to it.  Hehe :)  Sunday is a replay of these first two back to back, no new episodes.  This part 2 was the "Conclusion" for now...
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 9:55:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Go to SciFi.com or whatever it is, they have a poll on thier board gazing intrest as to wether their is a desire for a Series
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 10:03:04 PM EDT
[#18]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Next part is on Sunday...don't turn off the TV so soon! sheesh!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

While you're leaving the TV on, try listening to it. Hehe :) Sunday is a replay of these first two back to back, no new episodes. This part 2 was the "Conclusion" for now...

DOH! [peep]
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 10:13:22 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
And Starbuck had a sex change...And cant act
View Quote

I liked the show, but what the hell is deal with a women "Starbuck"? I also agree that she needs more acting lessons.
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 8:22:04 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Photon torpedos are soooo yesterday.... (well, ok....not really)

I mean, DS9 had QUANTUM torpedos.  [:D]
View Quote

Well.... you're right, that was sooo yesterday, but so are quantums.  If you want total destruction and to dominate the area.... why don't we use TRANS-PHASIC torpedos that Adm. Janeway brought back?  [devil]  And have the "armor" and phasing cloak too. [:D]

I have yet to see Galactica, as a friend recorded it....

Link Posted: 12/10/2003 11:50:50 AM EDT
[#21]
Cylon's a chick.
Boomer's a chick.
STARBUCK'S even a chick!  Why the hell did they even bother?  I saw about 10 minutes and turned it off.  I loved the original, but THIS SUCKS.
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 12:37:01 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Cylon's a chick.
Boomer's a chick.
STARBUCK'S even a chick!  Why the hell did they even bother?  I saw about 10 minutes and turned it off.  I loved the original, but THIS SUCKS.
View Quote

Your gay arn't you? Thats why you cant stand women in those roles huh?

Seriously, I was surpised, EVERYTHING about this was better than the original. The acting, the SFX, everything. They have changed everything but the names but it WORKED and that is very very hard to pull off.
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 12:51:24 PM EDT
[#23]
The reason they added more female characters is because of a sign of the times.  I liked the original series too, but I think the new take on the series is better than I expected.  I was watching some original episodes a week ago, and like the original Trek series, I laughed at how low tech they were despite being so advanced (another sign of the times.)

The ship that Boomer pilots is a Raptor.  It appears to be an scout ship with ECM and light speed abilities.

I felt they did a good job with the backstory.  In the original story, the origin of the cylons was unclear.  Same goes for why the colonies were caught off guard.

Link Posted: 12/10/2003 12:54:37 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Cylon's a chick.
Boomer's a chick.
View Quote

The original series was for children.  The acting was horrible.  The stories sucked.  The special effects were bad even for then.  The new mini-series is for adults.  I really hope it is made into a series.  Since Stargate SG-1 will be ending this or next season, the Sci-fi channel can use that money for Battlestar Galactica.

[url=sas-aim.org][red]SAS[/red][/url] [url=sas-aim.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/b][/url]
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 1:12:00 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Cylon's a chick.
Boomer's a chick.
View Quote

The original series was for children.  The acting was horrible.  The stories sucked.  The special effects were bad even for then.  The new mini-series is for adults.  I really hope it is made into a series.  Since Stargate SG-1 will be ending this or next season, the Sci-fi channel can use that money for Battlestar Galactica.

[url=sas-aim.org][red]SAS[/red][/url] [url=sas-aim.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/b][/url]
View Quote

There will be a spinoff series called Stargte Atlantis
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 1:33:33 PM EDT
[#26]
I liked the show. The projectile weapons and nukes were a nice touch. Nobody had any fancy shields or other hocus pocus. Guns in space will have a looooooooooooooong range.

The new Cylon battle robots look like they are very bad news. I hope it goes to a series so we can see more of the BSG universe filled out.

As far as the women warriors go, I'd hit 'em all, even the Cylon. Starbuck was a hoot.

Richard Hatch and Dirk Benedict still wear the same haircuts they did in the series. I don't think I could have handled that.
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 1:40:13 PM EDT
[#27]
out.

I'd hit 'em all, even the Cylon.
View Quote

Hell yea!  I would sell out Humanity in a heartbeat to spend one night in the sack with that Cylon babe.
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 1:42:47 PM EDT
[#28]
Remember the old series, they had those cool dual laser turrets?  Those were cool.  

I also remember when a cylon kamakazi'd one of the landing bays.  That was sweet!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top