Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/11/2005 9:06:10 PM EDT
I didn't know bartenders did that well. Although she is a little hottie...
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 9:07:25 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

There you go. It's pretty simple. Drunk guys, pretty girl accepting tips...
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 9:07:33 PM EDT
[#2]
I'd quit tipping her unless she gave me head.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 9:08:34 PM EDT
[#3]
She's hot, that should explain it all.  Especially if she wears tight clothes.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 9:08:36 PM EDT
[#4]
All the hot ones make a killing in tips.

But it also depends on where the bar is located. and what type.

Location, location, location.  And a hot ass helps alot.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 9:08:46 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I'd quit tipping her unless she gave me head.

good call
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 9:09:43 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

And I was thinking it was rocket science all along.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 9:10:47 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
She's hot, that should explain it all.  Especially if she wears tight clothes.

Indeedy. Maybe she does some work on the side as well.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 9:10:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Tell me where she works, I'll send her ten bucks........
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 9:11:17 PM EDT
[#9]
My money says she turns tricks between tending bar.

I don't care how drunk I get, i'm not wasting my money on any hot bartender unless she's serving me
really good poon!

HS1
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 9:11:34 PM EDT
[#10]
[Erin Brockovich]They're called boobs, Ed. [/Erin Brockovich]
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 9:11:37 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

And I was thinking it was rocket science all along.

I'll be here all night; answering questions and solving life's problems.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 9:11:41 PM EDT
[#12]
THIS THREAD IS USELESS WITHOUT THE PICS.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 10:00:51 PM EDT
[#13]
It amazes me that she makes this kind of money but has virtually no savings.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 10:02:10 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

is she spending it on blow?
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 10:02:58 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

If it's any consolation, that career (hottie) dries up after 30.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 10:05:05 PM EDT
[#16]
$120-144k a year?  I hardly think so....
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 10:06:00 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't think so. She has two luxury cars, expensive fashion, and lots of jewelry. She knew I'm a financial consultant, so she asked me to help her with her finances. I checked out the bank statements and couldn't believe she made that kind of money.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 10:08:25 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't think so. She has two luxury cars, expensive fashion, and lots of jewelry. She knew I'm a financial consultant, so she asked me to help her with her finances. I checked out the bank statements and couldn't believe she made that kind of money.

People that make that kind of cash (yes, cash) tend to burn through it a hell of a lot quicker I'm noticing.  There's something about cash that makes people burn it.  My aunt makes a ton of money, and has direct deposit - and manages to live paycheck to paycheck, because she'll withdraw thousands in cash every payday and it just gets burned.  I have no idea how that works, but I never carry more cash than I'm willing to let burn for that very reason.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 10:13:29 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Need an age on this bartender to make an official judgment
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 10:14:01 PM EDT
[#20]
What's even wierder is that she told me she'll make even more money for the next couple of months because of football season.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 10:14:42 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

She's 23.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 10:16:22 PM EDT
[#22]
I think carrying cash is kind of a thing of the past, except at places like bars and clubs, obviously.  Very few exceptions though.  You simply keep better track of your finances if you write checks and use a debit card everywhere you go.  That's why I don't bother with cash - it disappears, quick.

I could not do bartending.  I waitressed at a bar for all of two weeks and made $50 a night.  It was actually only $200/week because it was a weekend job, but still.  I don't deal well with horny and/or desperate drunk guys.  I never get hit on when guys are sober, so I become a real bitch when guys try it when they're drunk.  No amount of money would change that.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 10:30:50 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

She's 23.

So she has been working a few years and made a few 100k and spent it all (has some money tied up in luxury items that could be cashed out). It really depends were she works but I can't recall seeing many 30+ hot females pulling over 100k a year tending bar. I would advise her to marry a dumb rich guy while she is still hot without a prenup and cash outa few years later
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 10:38:49 PM EDT
[#24]
And what kind of bar is this, one where they give you lap dances and happy endings?

I say BS to $140K a year due to one thing, who the fuck claims all their tips? No one. I know a ton of bartenders in very big clubs and they aren't making anywhere near $140K. At best they make $60-70K.

So with that I raise the flag.

Link Posted: 10/11/2005 11:01:30 PM EDT
[#25]
12k???? b.s award she couldnt smoke enough poles to make that
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 11:04:50 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 12:12:52 AM EDT
[#27]
This girl I went to high school with is a stripper at the crazy horse she said she can make 2-3k in a weekend . I thought it was bs until I saw for myself, one after the next non stop guys paying 20 bucks for a 2 minute lap dance . What idiots... Paying for a lap dance is like going to a restaurant & buying a steak your not aloud to eat
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 12:20:35 AM EDT
[#28]
Shit the bartender that made me my last black and tan put a clover leaf in the head - that got her $10 for being talented AND cute
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 12:23:45 AM EDT
[#29]
Everyone is calling bullshit even though he said that he reviewed her finances...

WTF?
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 12:58:50 AM EDT
[#30]
My buddies wife works for one of the classiest places here in Atlanta.

5 star food and drinks.

She's the head Barkeep.

She look just like Rachael Hunter, ya know "Jessie's Mom"...

She makes $350-450 per shift.

So I call BS.

Sorry.
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 1:05:29 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Everyone is calling bullshit even though he said that he reviewed her finances...

WTF?

Does that matter?
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 1:31:49 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
This girl I went to high school with is a stripper at the crazy horse she said she can make 2-3k in a weekend . I thought it was bs until I saw for myself, one after the next non stop guys paying 20 bucks for a 2 minute lap dance . What idiots... Paying for a lap dance is like going to a restaurant & buying a steak your not aloud to eat

I've talked to more than one chick that has a graduate degree in something (one said she had an engineering degree) but was still a stripper after college.

Why?  Easy money.  Stupid guys willing to pay them for...nothing, really.  Pay so much that what they made stripping they would need to work 5-10 years in most fields to start getting close to the equivalent hourly rate.  
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 2:16:35 AM EDT
[#33]
how does that amount compare to other salaries in her geographic area?
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 2:20:46 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 3:37:47 AM EDT
[#35]
This is exactly why I stopped frequenting bars.............why would I use my paycheck to get drunk, spend 1-200 dollars on a tab, and go home with nothing but a hangover........people do it consistently though like its nobody's business.

IF she is smart, she will invest that money now - because as said before - her tips will slide as she gets older.
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 3:57:24 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Yes, you can make good money if you are a young, attractive woman who is bartending or stripping.

The question is... at what cost?

The women I know who work in those fields are all coke/meth heads, mentally ill, previously/currently being abused and often have no real plan beyond their next paycheck.  Because they see the worst in men they often assume all men are like that and date complete losers.  

One young friend of mine bartends while she's going through college.  She's got problems with depression, is possibly bipolar, is an alcoholic and somewhat reformed coke head.... and this is all by age 20.  It breaks my heart because she's very smart, absolutely stunning.... but she is self-admittedly a total wreck.  

Your bartender may be making bank now but there's a price for everything.....

Poor girl.I hope everything works out for her.
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 4:13:06 AM EDT
[#37]
While this is certainly the upper, UPPER limit of what can be made, this is not BS.  As has been said, the dude said he reviewed her papers, and it's true, yet some of you continue to call "BS".  This place cracks me up sometimes.  Go her.  She should get a plan.
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 4:14:04 AM EDT
[#38]
We used to own a small sports bar in South Florida.  

I know for a fact that on Fridays and Saturdays, my best bartender would pocket 500-700 bucks a shift.  So 10K might not be off the board at all.  Remember it is all cash also.

Also add to the equation of theft.  They all do it.  She can be stealing an additional 300 a night..
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 4:14:39 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
My buddies wife works for one of the classiest places here in Atlanta.

5 star food and drinks.

She's the head Barkeep.

She look just like Rachael Hunter, ya know "Jessie's Mom"...

She makes $350-450 per shift.

So I call BS.

Sorry.

Average "hot" bartender makes roughly 80k per year...

Average semi-hot waitress in a backwards swamp yankee town makes ALOT less <<cough>>

And yes...this is the real me posting...and I am off to jello wrestle any and all who usurp my avatar.

Tips will be appreciated!

Link Posted: 10/12/2005 4:22:55 AM EDT
[#40]
Life would be so much easier for me if I was a hot chick.I could just walk through life being stupid and whenever I make a mistake,I would just giggle and fondle my belly ring.

Some stupid horny and desperate rich guy would notice me and put me on a spending account.I would then dry up his whole savings then move on to the next rich stupid drunk and horny guy.

Edit:I see at least 3 people with the same Claymore avatar,Hmmmm who was first
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 4:27:22 AM EDT
[#41]
Unless she owns the bar bs. 12k a month is quite a shit load of tips I mean what, every guy tips her a $20?
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 4:49:53 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
Life would be so much easier for me if I was a hot chick.I could just walk through life being stupid and whenever I make a mistake,I would just giggle and fondle my belly ring.

Some stupid horny and desperate rich guy would notice me and put me on a spending account.I would then dry up his whole savings then move on to the next rich stupid drunk and horny guy.

Edit:I see at least 3 people with the same Claymore avatar,Hmmmm who was first

<<note to self that belly rings=large bank accounts>>
2 different Claymore avatars...Jarhead22 has the brown one...the green and yellow is MY baby...but jarheadchiro can borrow it any time...
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 4:54:28 AM EDT
[#43]
Good GOD, people, run the numbers.  Let's say she works 20 days in the month.  That's $600 a day.  Call it an 8 hours shift, prolly more.  If she had only 60 transactions, and made only $10 per, that's the money.  Trust me, there are FAR more than 60 transactions.  Take into account the BIG tips.  I myself ALWAYS tip 100% at a bar.  Why is this so hard to fathom?  I have managed bars, and my bartenders were always loathe to get into the work force when they graduated, MUCH less money.  If the chick is a hottie, this is doable.  I call BS on y'all's bad math.
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 5:07:49 AM EDT
[#44]
Assuming she works 4 days per week with 4 good hours a day of tips.  For the bars we have as customers, 4 hours could be much too high, but I'll use it anyway.  Every 4 weeks, that's 64 hours.  To make the $12k/month given those numbers, she'd have to make $187.5/hour or $3.13 per minute in tips.  That's impressive.

I do about 600 tax returns per year and do bookkeeping for about 2 dozens restaurants and bars, and I can't remember ever seeing a waitress or bartender make even 15% of that much money.z
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 5:08:12 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

WTF?

This is the interweb.

I found Jimmy Hoffa, no realy I swear.
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 5:12:52 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
Assuming she works 4 days per week with 4 good hours a day of tips.  For the bars we have as customers, 4 hours could be much too high, but I'll use it anyway.  Every 4 weeks, that's 64 hours.  To make the $12k/month given those numbers, she'd have to make $187.5/hour or $3.13 per minute in tips.  That's impressive.

I do about 600 tax returns per year and do bookkeeping for about 2 dozens restaurants and bars, and I can't remember ever seeing a waitress or bartender make even 15% of that much money.z

OK, how about that I know 2 bartenders at a RUBY TUESDAY of all places that take home 70k per year?  As of right now, I officially give up.  Believe it or don't.  As for me, i've seen it.
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 5:14:56 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

OK, how about that I know 2 bartenders at a RUBY TUESDAY of all places that take home 70k per year?  As of right now, I officially give up.  Believe it or don't.  As for me, i've seen it.

Yes but this bartender is making double that . Double, Double I said damnit Double !!!!
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 5:17:34 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

And yes...this is the real me posting...and I am off to jello wrestle any and all who usurp my avatar.
Tips will be appreciated!

I'm tempted to swipe your avatar just to see how much we can make.
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 5:17:59 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes but this bartender is making double that . Double, Double I said damnit Double !!!!

That just proved my point, Oly my man.  If 70k can be had at a medium volume Ruby Tuesday, serving their clientele, then it is not a stretch to imagine double that given the right set of circumstances.  I'm not saying it's common.  It is, as I said, the VERY high end, but, it *IS* not out of the question.  Nor is it sustainable.  But that it is, is.
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 5:18:00 AM EDT
[#50]
Shiiit, if you work at someo f the popular beach bars here, you can pull 2k a weekend, whatever you look like. Only during the summer though.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top