Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/15/2005 11:21:15 AM EDT
This may be old news, but I thought I would post the story anyway.
1000 lb. Hog shot in Ga.

Hogzilla
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 11:22:32 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
This may be old news, but I thought I would post the story anyway.
1000 lb. Hog shot in Ga.

Hogzilla

there's 2 different ones I think.

-HS
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 11:22:43 AM EDT
[#2]
last summer called...........
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 11:22:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Duperific!
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 11:26:08 AM EDT
[#4]
oh no.  not again
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 11:30:54 AM EDT
[#5]
so when does the National Geographic special air?  I want to see that.
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 11:33:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Here's another big'un.

1100lbs
Another pic

The fellow lives about 30 miles from Orlando, in the very rural community of Okahumpka, just off the Florida turnpike in Lake County, Florida. He has 20 acres of land and on it, a few cows and horses. Mostly it's pasture land that is fenced with woods surrounding him. He is neighbored by a larger cattle ranch.  His neighbor has complained for several years that wild hogs had been  raiding his cattle feeders and salt licks. Last month he saw what he  though was a cow in his pond and went to see if it was stuck in the mud  and would have to be pulled out. When he got close enough to realize it was hog, the beast made a charge at him. He had driven his truck down to  the pond and carried a pistol in it. He got his handgun and when it came at him again, he shot it twice and killed it. Wild hogs in Florida usually run from 100-400 pounds with a 400 pounder being a monster. Because this one had been feasting on grain for several years, it had grown to mammoth size. When Larry took it to the processor it weighed in at over 1100 pounds!  The meat had no wild taste, as it was grain feed and the Larry is quite  the hero. He has fed many firefighters and provided the homeless shelter  in downtown Orlando with a couple of meals.
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 11:40:14 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
so when does the National Geographic special air?  I want to see that.

ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=333286
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 11:50:29 AM EDT
[#8]

last summer called..........

Bigscrun

All of us aren't as Old and wise as you are when it comes to this Forum. hopefullly I can catch up quickly.
Manta
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top