Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/16/2003 11:19:37 AM EDT
I jus got a package from RGUNs, the last time i ever dealt with them was litary 2 years ago, they had some COLT 30rders for decent price, so I ordered 2 but were told they were on backorder and didnt know when they would get them, so I said whatever, never really cancelled the order. Welp today I got the magazines, they are 99% other than handling marks. And they changed their name to Sportswereus, Inc. I really dont have an opinon on the matter, sorta shocked. I wont order from them ever again due to the past history, but in all honesty they did deliver the product as stated, it jus took 2 years. LoL. so Im jus taking it with a grain of salt.
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 1:11:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Coool! 2 years to fill an order. i bet they had to fill the order because when the AW ban expires the market is going to be flooded with mags.
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 1:31:47 PM EDT
[#2]
I thought it funny you had to mention an "odd" story about RGUNS in the title... aren't ALL stories about RGUNS odd?? [:)]
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 1:39:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Same thing happened to me , hell of a way to run a business. Never do business with them.

Plus the owner is a asshole, he has released personal info on the internet of people who bitch about him.
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 1:53:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 1:59:00 PM EDT
[#5]
And I start getting pissy if something is backordered two weeks......unless I *KNOW* ahead of time that its going to take longer than that.

Ahead of time = before I place the order
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 2:23:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
He charged your credit card TWO YEARS ago and you just got the mags? WTF? Or did he give them to you free.

View Quote

No he charges the card when he fills the order years or months later
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 2:43:06 PM EDT
[#7]
So there's hope, after 4years, of getting my return authorization number??! [rofl2]
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 2:49:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Sports[b]were[/b]us?  Kinda curious why a company would use past-tense in its name.  So what is it NOW?

Posh?
Ginger?
Baby?
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 3:08:12 PM EDT
[#9]
LoL..naw, thats the name on the invoice Sportswereus, Inc. , yeah they charged me for them it was 35bux shipped for 2 mags COlt in really good shape , i might add. I ordered these 2 years ago b4 I found AR15.com and the boards. Im really surprised that they bothered to fill the order, it was jus for 2 mags. They did send a letter saying they apologized for the long wait, LoL. YA THINK!!!. It was nice, but too bad their reputation has surpassed them. Oh well.
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 3:41:43 PM EDT
[#10]
I just placed an order with them for 4 asian 92 mags in case I end up with a Berreta Storm. They said it will be shipped in 4 days.Hope to get mags before I find the money for the Storm.I will let you know how I made out.
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 3:54:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Are you guys talking about RGUNS.net?
If so, I've had no problems with them.
I've bought mags, Colt lower kits and other stuff from them, and orders have always been filled promptly and correctly. They've always been courteous and professional. Makes me wonder if we're talking about the same people - maybe we aren't?
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 12:39:51 PM EDT
[#12]
I ordered some mags from them a year or two ago too.  As I recall, they said some of the stuff would be backordered for a few weeks.  No problem, I thought.

I never got the mags and I'd pretty much forgotten about it.  Then a couple days ago a charge for $250+ turned up on my credit card from our mutual friend.  

Still haven't received the mags yet. (10 pre-ban teflon coated with green followers, IIRC, plus $50 worth of something else, but I don't remember what.  Maybe a couple Colt 20s.)  No doubt they'll be arriving any day now.

In the meantime, I've bought all the mags I need, and I would not be inclined to buy any extras until after the AWB sunsets (or doesn't, as the case may be).

I believe I'm a little annoyed about all this.  Am I being unreasonable?

And yes, Booth--  We are talking about rguns.net.
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 1:48:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Daaaamn.. You guys are really easy going, or so it seems to me.  If I placed an order, only to have it charged to a CC and shipped a year or more later, I'd be on the phone to the card company stopping payment in two shakes of a rat's ass.  Further, I'd contact the business in question and tell them that if they want their gear back, they could make arrangements that included them paying return shipping. There is NO WAY I'd be spending a dime with or on that company without a nasty fight.

In a year or more, it's logical to imagine that your need for the product has either evaportated or been supplied from another source. Circumstances change, and one month's off the cuff $250 mag order might be this month's rent money.

Guys, don't turn tail and accept this crap.  If you do and more like you do, the vendor will keep it up.  If you don't, he loses business, and hopefully will either sharpen up or fold. 99% mags, whoever the maker, are hardly rare enough to make them worth it.
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 2:24:54 PM EDT
[#14]
And to think, people say the Post Office is slow.....
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 9:31:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Daaaamn.. You guys are really easy going, or so it seems to me.  If I placed an order, only to have it charged to a CC and shipped a year or more later, ..
View Quote

He doesn't charge your card until he ships the product.  Product doesn't ship for 2 years, card doesn't get charged for 2 years.

I had problems with his a few years ago and I will never buy from him again.  He definitely needs to work on his "working with the public" skills.
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 12:32:30 AM EDT
[#16]
[Landshark]HappyGram![/Landshark]

Hint:  His emails to me consisted of 2 words, first one begins with "F"
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 5:39:23 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
[Landshark]HappyGram![/Landshark]

Hint:  His emails to me consisted of 2 words, first one begins with "F"
View Quote

That's half of his vocabulary.
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 10:31:57 AM EDT
[#18]
I got a box today from "Sportswereus INc. / R Guns" containing 10 slightly used Colt 30s (@ $15 each) and and 4 new DPMS teflon 30 (@ $25 each).  I guess I misremembered my order.

The used Colts look only barely used and appear to have new green followers.

Included in the box was a note apologizing for the long delay and saying "If for any reason you no longer want these magazines please send them back and we will credit you plus shipping."

Fair enough, I guess.  I would have preferred that option before they were shipped and my credit card charged, but I'm no longer annoyed.
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 10:42:06 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 11:12:13 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

This coming from a person whose sig line is...

"Fuck 'em. We're the ones with the guns"

[:d]
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 1:16:12 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

This coming from a person whose sig line is...

"Fuck 'em. We're the ones with the guns"

[:d]
View Quote

glad to see someone noticed[;)]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top