Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/19/2004 7:41:55 PM EDT
Don't write the TV/radio station/editor of the paper when they piss you off.

Write the sponsers! Write Larry's plumbing. Write Toyota. Write Chevy. Write Betty Crocker.

Tell them that as long as they support these assholes by paying for advertising on their shows, that you WILL NOT buy their products.

This whole media thing is really all about money.

Threaten their money source and they'll change their tune.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 7:46:50 PM EDT
[#1]
we need to do this at the national level...

we can't get the media in court for telling lies, we CAN do as you suggest though, and be effective, IF everyone participates.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 8:39:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Great idea.  My sugestion,  tack this thread.  As we come across contact info we can add it to the thread and get to more companies.  The more we get to the better.  Just a thought.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 8:43:01 PM EDT
[#3]
I think it would be a good idea to have a nice list of places to email and how they respond.

I dont watch Tv and such but if somewhere does something and I heard about it I remeber.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top