Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/12/2002 8:59:56 AM EDT
I didn't see that anybody posted this yet

[url]http://www.news24.com/News24/Africa/East_Africa/0,1113,2-11-997_1197319,00.html[/url]

[i]
Hijackers shot on Ethiopian Air

Addis Ababa - Two men, aged 20 and 22, who tried to hijack an internal Ethiopian Airlines flight were shot dead on Sunday by national security agents on board, Radio Ethiopia reported.

One of the plane's two stewards was slightly injured during the attempted hijacking, the official radio said quoting Ethiopian civil aviation security chief Bekretsion Habte.
[/i]
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 9:04:11 AM EDT
[#1]
I did but I pulled it later because my source just said killed and was vague about how.
I say GOOD FOR THEM!
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 9:06:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 9:06:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Maybe instead of trying to cover 30,000 US flagged commercial air flights a day with ~3000 Federal Air Marshalls, we should just contract with the Ethiopians. They apparently know what to do with hijackers.
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 9:11:49 AM EDT
[#4]
I like this part:

[b]The security men then "took measures against the two men"[/b]

hehe.
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 9:17:09 AM EDT
[#5]
It would have helped our cause a little more if it was a pilot or an armed civilian but anyway a dead terrorist is just that, DEAD.

Keving67
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top