User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/5/2010 4:36:37 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 6:07:10 AM EDT
[#1]
I would like to know:
Do you have a fishing license

Where is your boat registration

Sorry just had to add these since I just got a new job as a Marine Police Officer...
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 6:13:34 AM EDT
[#2]
ponga sus manos detrás de su parte posterior

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 6:16:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 6:34:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I would like to know:

Sorry just had to add these since I just got a new job as a Marine Police Officer...

I have one around here somewhere.  It's mostly Coast Guard specific stuff, but has a lot of phrases that an MPO would use as well.

I'll check on my work computer on Tuesday
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 7:45:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Uh oh.  Someone get in trouble for a high "language line" bill?
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 8:12:25 AM EDT
[#6]
you can register here for (free) access to the Spanish SFST instructions.
https://sobrietytesting.org/main/login.cfm

I have a copy of it if you need it ASAP.  One of our native Spanish speaking officers believed there was a typo in it.  Wasn't a big deal... but I can find out which one if you need to know.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 12:25:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
..you need to update your spanish list for LEO's.

What is your date of birth?

Your vehicle is being towed.

SFST' directions.

Siga la pluma con sus ojos.  No mueva su cabeza.  (Follow the pen with your eyes.  Don't move your head.)

Cual es su fecha de nacemiento?  (What is your date of birth?)

Not sure if technically correct, but I always seem to get the desired result....

I often pull up a language translator on my laptop and type out the questions in english ('puter then translates into spanish).  They type their responses in spanish and 'puter translates the answer back into english.  Works in a pinch.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 1:27:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

SFST' directions.

Siga la pluma con sus ojos.  No mueva su cabeza.  (Follow the pen with your eyes.  Don't move your head.)

Cual es su fecha de nacemiento?  (What is your date of birth?)

Not sure if technically correct, but I always seem to get the desired result....

I often pull up a language translator on my laptop and type out the questions in english ('puter then translates into spanish).  They type their responses in spanish and 'puter translates the answer back into english.  Works in a pinch.

and there is an App for that
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 5:18:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

"Cual es su fecha de naciamento?"  or "Cuando nacio?"
-SleeperShooter

ETA:  Where's the link to this spanish stuff????   Pondré más español aquí después de cena con mi esposa, y con otras actividades.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 5:55:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Cual es su fecha de nacimiento  or you could say, En que mes, dia, y ano, nacio udsted?  On what month, day and year were you born

Diga adios a su vehiculo. –– Say goodbye to your vehicle...I have no clue how to say towed.  

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 6:21:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I would like to know:

You still suck!  Grats again.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 7:20:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 7:24:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 9:01:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Diga adios a su vehiculo. –– Say goodbye to your vehicle...I have no clue how to say towed.  

The beer that did not project from my mouth is dripping from inside my nose.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 1:51:29 AM EDT
[#15]
Tag.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 6:32:40 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The beer that did not project from my mouth is dripping from inside my nose.

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 6:33:20 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Tag.

+1

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 9:18:45 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
SFST' directions.

HGN

1. I'm am going to check your eyes. (please remove your glasses)

Te voy a revisar los ojos. (por favor quitate los lentes)

2. Keep your head still and follow my finger with your eyes only.

No se mueve mueva las cabeza y sigue me mi dedo solo con los ojos.

3. Do not move your head.

No se mueve la cabeza.

4. Do you understand the instructions?

Entendiste las instrucciones?

Walk and Turn

1. Put your left foot on the line and put your right foot in front of it wiht your right heel touching your left tow. Keep your hands at your side.

Pon el pie izquierdo en la linea y pon el pie derecho adelante del otro, el tacon en la punta del zapato izquierdo, de este modo. Manten los brazos al lado pegados al cuerpo.

2. Do no start until I tell you to.

No empieces hasta que te diga.

3. Do you understand the instructions?

4. When I tell you to begin, take nine heel-to-toe steps on the line, turn around, keeping one foot on the line and return nine heel-to-toe steps.

Cuando te diga, camina nueve pasos, el tacon en la punta del zapato en la linea, de este modo (demonstrate heel-to-toe). Da vuelat la vuelta mientras mantienes el pie izquierdo en la linea, y regresa de la misma forma.

5. While walking, watch your feet at all times, keep arms at side and count steps out loud. Once you begin, do not stop until test is completed.

Mientras caminas, ve mirate los pies todo el tiempo, manten los brazos al lado pegados al cuerpo y cuenta los pasos en voz alta. No pares hasta que termines el examen.

6. Do you understand the instructions?

7. You may begin.

Puedes empezar de nuevo.(de nuevo=again)

One-Leg Stand

1. Stand with you heels together and your arms at your side.

Parate aqui con los pies juntos y manten los brazos al lado pegados al cuerpo.

2. Do not begin the test until I tell you to.

No empieces hasta que te diga.

3. Do you understand?

Entendiste?

4. When I tell you to, I want you to raise one leg, either leg, approximately six inches off the ground, foot pointed out. Keep both legs straight and keep your eyes on the elevated foot.

Cuando te diga, levanta un pie seis pulgadas en el aire con la punta estirada por seis pulgadas do de este modo (demonstrate pointed toe, 6 inches from ground). Manten la pierna rigida y ve la punta del zapato elevado.

5. While holding that position, count out loud, on thousand one, one thousand two, one thousand three, and so forth until told to stop.

Mientras mantienes esa posicion, cuenta en voz alta, mil uno, mil dos, mil tres, y asi sucesivamente hasta que te diga que pares.

6. Do you understand the instructions?

7. You may begin.

Puedes empezar de nuevo.(de nuevo=again) If he/she hasn't done it before (during this testing session) "de nuevo" is going to confuse him/her

Edited for corrections by EdSr (your new Spanish instructor
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 11:46:35 AM EDT
[#19]
Not perfect, but functional:  "Vamos a sacar su vehiculo con una grua."
We are going to take your vehicle with a tow truck.  I've told hundreds of people that, every one of them has gotten the point.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top