Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/1/2006 11:09:16 PM EDT
The time just jumped ahead an hour. Weird, huh? This is some bad hippie juju, right here.

How are you guys handling being forced to accept daylight savings time, like the rest of us (minus the rebels in Arizona)? Has the SHTF in Indiana? Are you loading magazines? How's your food supply at home? You guys gonna make it? Are the lights still on?

(Sorry, but when I was in Indy last week, this was BIG news. I've never seen so much controversy over changing clocks in my life).
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 11:49:38 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
The time just jumped ahead an hour. Weird, huh? This is some bad hippie juju, right here.

How are you guys handling being forced to accept daylight savings time, like the rest of us (minus the rebels in Arizona)? Has the SHTF in Indiana? Are you loading magazines? How's your food supply at home? You guys gonna make it? Are the lights still on?

(Sorry, but when I was in Indy last week, this was BIG news. I've never seen so much controversy over changing clocks in my life).

Let you know next week.
My uncle was a dairy farmer in WI. His view was, "the cows do not know the difference". All it did was complicate his life and he hated it with passion. Guess he influenced me.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 11:51:11 PM EDT
[#2]
I hope Arizona never tries that crap! I like not having to worry about my clocks or changing them.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 4:19:00 AM EDT
[#3]
One of the guys at work Friday was saying ,"Now i have to get use to working 8-4:30 instead of 7-3:30". Two other idiots agreed with him.  

They really got mad when I told them ,they had  lost an hour of drinking time!

Link Posted: 4/2/2006 5:13:45 AM EDT
[#4]
it's a horrible horrible thing. you people that are not from indiana don't understand why this is such a big deal. it's pretty much a matter of state pride something that makes a native hoosier a native hoosier. i liken it to being a native texan thier very proud of it (as they should be) to the point it's a part of who  they are and so this is who we are . i've lived in states with day light savings time. and it ends up being a really big pain. i'm ashamed to say that i voted for the govenor, i will not vote for him again, in the primary i'll vote for the republican challenger ( and there better be one). if he wins there i vote democrat. because, today a piece of indiana died and govenor daniels slit it's throat.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 5:29:51 AM EDT
[#5]
We're now just like the rest of you lemmings.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 5:31:38 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
it's a horrible horrible thing. you people that are not from indiana don't understand why this is such a big deal. it's pretty much a matter of state pride something that makes a native hoosier a native hoosier. i liken it to being a native texan thier very proud of it (as they should be) to the point it's a part of who  they are and so this is who we are . i've lived in states with day light savings time. and it ends up being a really big pain. i'm ashamed to say that i voted for the govenor, i will not vote for him again, in the primary i'll vote for the republican challenger ( and there better be one). if he wins there i vote democrat. because, today a piece of indiana died and govenor daniels slit it's throat.

+1

Daniels has done more damage to this state than the budget-bulging democrats.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 9:37:01 AM EDT
[#7]

I wonder how long until the "increased economic activity" is noticeable  

At least it kept the politicians occupied for a while, they could have been passing something even less necessary and more expensive.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 9:43:45 AM EDT
[#8]
I hate day light savings time.  Cracks me up that Alaska has it too.  Of course what's one more hour of daylight when you already have 23?
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 12:48:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Well for another side of the coin, I live in one of the five South Western Indiana counties, that have observed DST. for years.
You want a pain in the ass, try driving to work 50 miles away and switching time zones. When you get to work cross the state line and you swich back.
In my mind the state as a whole should be in one time zome, not the crazy fucked up mess.
For those of you that are switching for the first time in many years I feel for you.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top