Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/4/2022 8:21:03 PM EDT
I where a half size.  They only come in whole sizes.  For those who have theses , what y’all recommendation.  Drop a half size smaller. Or go up a half size. Thank you WarDawg.  Wife is ordering these on line for me . Some points back coupon deal she has going on. Ty Wardawg
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 8:21:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 8:22:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Go bigger...
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 8:22:47 PM EDT
[#3]
go up.
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 8:23:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Go up.

If it’s loose you can always ware thicker socks. Or add insoles

If it’s too small you can’t fix it.
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 8:23:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I where a half size.
View Quote

I only where shoes made from the finest wearwolf skins anywere I go!
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 8:25:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Just a smidgen too tight and your toes will push out and rub on the end of the toe box and drive you insane. At first it will seem fine, then after you walk for about 5 minutes you will be ready to burn them.

Link Posted: 8/4/2022 8:25:10 PM EDT
[#7]
I bought the ones made by reef. Got them on sale cheaper than the hey dudes.

I’m a half also, went next up and they were fine.

Pro tip:

Turn and ankle sock inside out and wrap your insert with the sock, hole facing down. Then put insert back in shoe. Your feet won’t stick to the soles anymore when you take foot in/out and you can periodically wash them to keep the shoes fresh.
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 8:26:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Go up.

If it's loose you can always ware thicker socks. Or add insoles

If it's too small you can't fix it.
View Quote

This right here.

Also, don't forget if you feel your feet are cramped width wise, you can go to a WIDER shoe as well. My brother always had this problem till I pointed out extra wide shoes.
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 8:27:41 PM EDT
[#9]
They run small. Size up.
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 8:32:34 PM EDT
[#10]
My left foot is bigger. So size 16 usually is what I need.
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 8:34:58 PM EDT
[#11]
I can almost always find half sizes, I'm a 9.5

If you have to go up or down to the nearest whole, go up. Especially for hiking or work boots I often double-sock to prevent blisters and you need the extra room for that.
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 8:38:52 PM EDT
[#12]
I wear anywhere between an 11 or 12 in shoes.  Hey Dudes in 12 were slightly big but not to big where I had to send them back.

ETA:  that’s without wearing socks
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 8:38:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I only where shoes made from the finest wearwolf skins anywere I go!
View Quote

I see what you done here.  Lol.  Thanks WarDawg
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 8:39:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Go ful sz small, bt only if you where europeeing sz. Feel me?
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 8:39:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Go up.

If it’s loose you can always ware thicker socks. Or add insoles

If it’s too small you can’t fix it.
View Quote

This. Lots of products to adjust for small amounts of space in slightly large shoe. A half size too small and your feet will feel like they are in a vice. There are a lot of variations in shoe sizes and fit depending on the type of shoe (leather dress shoe vs. Casual vs. Boot) and even with in brands models vary greatly depending on lasts used to make them. So if the half size larger is significantly too large then go down.
I have dress shoes that vary from a 7 US to 8 US from D (medium) width to EEE (x-wide) all of which fit well due to manufacture variations and last differences.
However I also have a great fitting pair of hiking boots that are 9.0. D and more than 1 pair of Merrell's which are 8.5. My point being you always need to try footwear on to actually know your size for any one shoe maker and even model.
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 8:48:46 PM EDT
[#16]
I have heard they fall apart pretty quickly, like a few months.  Can anybody comment on that?
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 10:01:05 PM EDT
[#17]
Merrills > Hey Dood...
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 10:14:18 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I have heard they fall apart pretty quickly, like a few months.  Can anybody comment on that?
View Quote

I’ve had mine at least a year.  I don’t wear them all day every day just when I go out to the store or something. They have held up, no damage, some stains though.  

Go up in size if you are a half size, I think they even say this on the website.  Or maybe I read that in reviews.
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 10:16:43 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Merrills > Hey Dood...
View Quote

Merrills are a real shoe right?  Hey dudes are a lightweight casual foot covering that look better than crocs.  I don’t think they are comparable unless Merrill makes a hey dude like product that I am not aware of.
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 10:22:13 PM EDT
[#20]
Go up a size, for sure.  They run a little small.

As a side note I got a pair and I feel like a dog when you put socks on their feet.  They’re so light it’s like not having shoes on but you have them there.  It was a weird sensation at first.
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 10:36:38 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Merrills > Hey Dood...
View Quote

Just bought some Merills today
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 10:40:30 PM EDT
[#22]
It's not the size, it's the fit...
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 10:42:15 PM EDT
[#23]
feet swell, so go up
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 10:43:04 PM EDT
[#24]
Go up

I wear a 12.5 and the size 13 Hey Dudes fit great
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 11:06:14 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I can almost always find half sizes, I'm a 9.5

If you have to go up or down to the nearest whole, go up. Especially for hiking or work boots I often double-sock to prevent blisters and you need the extra room for that.
View Quote

Not many half sizes available after 12.

Agree on going up, tight shoes can cause lasting damage.
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 11:08:17 PM EDT
[#26]
Up size.  Thicker socks, or even two socks.
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 11:13:23 PM EDT
[#27]
My 16 year old got me a pair. He went rounded down on my size. They feel great.

I've never worn them with socks. Why would you do that?

In typical ARFCOM fashion, "wear" has been spelled 87 different ways in this thread.
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 11:17:04 PM EDT
[#28]
Get both!

Actually, do get both then return the ones you don't want.
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 11:19:42 PM EDT
[#29]
Always round up.  Smaller will squeeze your feet & just hurt.
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 11:21:58 PM EDT
[#30]
I had a pair, lasted about 3 months-kind of.  I have another pair on order.  I liked them.

The insole fell apart first, replaced it, but the replacements were shit - then a dog ate one.  3 months in my toe tore the inside lining.  That and tons of wear on the sole - really time for replacement.  They are comfortable and very light.

As for fit, the issue with me is the insole.  If the insole is too small, you will feel the edge with your toes - and it will be annoying as hell.  The insoles are shit - they like to shrink, but if you wear them they will stretch back to size.  I had to wash the insole often, wash the shoes often.  The shoe's work fine on my shoe dryer, but the insoles shrink like hell on it.  Oh, the shoes stretch very easily.  Drying them gets them back down to size.
----
anyway, they are not perfect, but I liked them.  Somewhat nicer than croc's - the other ultra light shoe I have worn for a length of time.
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 11:23:08 PM EDT
[#31]
For hey dude definitely go up a size.
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 11:26:10 PM EDT
[#32]
I wear a 10 and bought 10s and they fit pretty loose.   The 'laces' don't really tighten them up as much as normal shoes.

They're designed to be lightweight and easy to take off and put on, so take that into consideration.   Also, the stock insoles are pretty thin, might want to get some aftermarket thicker insoles if you're used to cushier shoes.

Link Posted: 8/4/2022 11:26:49 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 11:28:11 PM EDT
[#34]
I wear 11 and the 11 in Hey Dude fit perfect.  Toe right out to the end.

Remember, these don't have laces so to speak, the bungees don't really count so make sure they're snug to start because they WILL stretch a little over time.

Definitely not fighting shoes, but you still want somewhat of a snug fit so you can run if you need to.  I do a quick cross-over tie with the bungee to help just a little bit.

If you add the style you want to the cart in Amazon, let it sit a while.  Normally around $58 and over time you'll see them dip into the low $409 range if you're patient.  I've got two pairs, both well under $50 paid.
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 11:28:51 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 11:32:27 PM EDT
[#36]
Hey Dude shoes are some cheap ass Chicom things.  Hard pass.
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 11:32:40 PM EDT
[#37]

Those are hard to find on sale.  I'll get a pair when they do.  Pretty expensive normally.

Hope things are going good with you Tex!
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 11:38:40 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Hey Dude shoes are some cheap ass Chicom things.  Hard pass.
View Quote

They're comfy and lightweight and good to wear on dates, which is why I have them.

Link Posted: 8/4/2022 11:42:19 PM EDT
[#39]
Yep, get bigger and wear thicker socks.

Link Posted: 8/4/2022 11:42:56 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Those are hard to find on sale.  I'll get a pair when they do.  Pretty expensive normally.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

If I was doin any better I’d have to bottle it and sell it!

I hope you’re kiilling it too bro.

How I feel when I wear these:

Link Posted: 8/4/2022 11:53:28 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I hope you’re kiilling too bro.

https://c.tenor.com/jbbcL37DNKEAAAAC/rexkwondo-napoleon-dynamite.gif
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I hope you’re kiilling too bro.

https://c.tenor.com/jbbcL37DNKEAAAAC/rexkwondo-napoleon-dynamite.gif

Awesome to hear!  I remember you had shifted priorities earlier this year so it's good to hear things are cool now.

Yep, I'm doing good all around.  the start of the year was a doozy for me and the market, I think it was for most of us.  Now I've readjusted and doing pretty good after heading to the blood in the water.

I don't think anybody wants a roundhouse kick to the face while you're wearing those bad boys.
Top Top