Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/15/2001 6:45:28 PM EDT
[b]"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have
                   hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything
                   else thereafter."[/b]
[blue]Ernest Hemingway[/blue]

Link Posted: 9/15/2001 7:03:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Great writer, but something was definitely wrong with him. His short stories are great, I thought about giving extra credit to any student who came up with all the sexual innuendoes in [u]The Cat in the Rain[/u]. Too bad he tried to eat his shotgun. [:(]
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 7:08:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah.  Got kind of an O.Henry twist to the ending.
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 7:32:25 PM EDT
[#3]
nothing like an old man giving a young bride a wet cat on her honeymoon. [sex]

Been a while since I read any O.Henry, I do remember that he started writing while in jail for embezzlement. The only story that I can recall is [u]Gift of the Magi[/u] and in that one the couple got along better than the ones that Hemingway wrote about.
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 9:48:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Once we have a war, there is only one thing left to do.  It must be won.  For defeat brings worse things than any that can ever happen in war.---Ernest Hemingway
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 6:58:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Now I see the Austrailian SAS is there too. You go, Aussies.
Imagine our boys in nook & crannies just waiting for that certain turban to pop up.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top