Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/8/2001 8:12:20 PM EDT
I am not trying to be an ass so please please don't take it that way. But... with all the fundraising going on, shouldn't someone actually look into more of a non-profit organizational structure for this charitable stuff? The AR15 et al community just raised a collective total of over $3K. This is enough for the IRS to get nosy.

Wherefore, I sent money through PayPal to someone having a BUSINESS for the Hero Fund; I know that at some level there is recourse for what remotely might have been a scam.

Now in all fairness, I have as much faith in anyone until they screw me over. Then it is Hades-spawned WAR! But, shouldn't someone or someone's check out the legitimacy of these situations before we all go sending off cash? There have been scams (supposedly... I have never bought anything off anyone here...) in the Equipment Exchange... just a possibility that it COULD happen in another area.

I am ABSOLUTELY NOT saying that the community doesn't help the guy and his family. But, it seems that there are those willing (including myself) to help further an American Way of Life as an activist/contributor/pundit/commando. I just think that a more formalized approach would be more secure.

Heck, we might get some of GWB's faith-based spending budget if we did it the "RIGHT WAY".

No pun intended.

Flame away at me...

Link Posted: 11/8/2001 8:22:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/8/2001 8:28:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Edited to add:  NO ONE should question your motives, BenDover, or flame you.  Many of us remember how instrumental you were in helping us to reach the goal in the Heroes' Fund (rifles).  A little caution with hard-earned $$ is in order.  
View Quote

Cool. I was really worried. I give to the NRA and SAF but it isn't as personal. I think that the SAF would help AR15 out if we approached them.

Check out this news release:

SECOND AMENDMENT FOUNDATION LAUNCHES THE EMERSON DEFENSE FUND

For Immediate Release:

[url]http://www.saf.org/pub/rkba/press-releases/EmersonDefenseFund.htm[/url]

Link Posted: 11/8/2001 9:34:20 PM EDT
[#3]
BTT
Link Posted: 11/8/2001 9:58:14 PM EDT
[#4]
[b][red][size=4]
PLEASE Read this !!

[url]www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=68402[/url]

And PLEASE try to help this guy and his family out.

(we should really establish some formal type of fund for members in need --  regardless of the teasing and bickering that takes place here, we are all really just like one large family !)

[/b][/size=3][/red]
Link Posted: 11/8/2001 10:05:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Somebody set something up, you can count on all the regular guys to do what they can.....Even the LEO guys will do whatever they can, Im sure

And if you think that there arent any scams going on on this website, then run a search for GUNMAN.....I am trying to recover over $3,000 from the 7 people he scammed....little tip..

DONT send $770 to someone with a postcount of 3

DO send a postal moneyorder instead of Paypal, if you dont get any product, then its Postal Fraud and the Postal Police will get the guy...

BTW does anyone know Gunman, Chris Chan Suh from New Jersey, please email me right away

Steven
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top